Autore Topic: Il lato giusto della Big Apple: NY Jets  (Letto 40729 volte)

Offline Marino

• Moderatore della sezione
  • Hall of Famer
  • Calcio: INTER
  • MLB: CHICAGO CUBS
  • NBA: MIAMI HEAT
  • NCAA F: FLORIDA GATORS
  • NFL: MIAMI DOLPHINS
  • NHL: VANCOUVER CANUCKS
Re: Il lato giusto della Big Apple: NY Jets
« Risposta #30 il: Gennaio 19, 2009, 01:10:35 pm »
With Ravens' season over, Jets expected to hire Ryan as head coach
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The Jets' head-coaching search might be over now that the Baltimore Ravens' season is.

The Jets were expected to offer Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan their head-coaching job as early as Monday after Baltimore lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers 32-25 in Sunday night's AFC Championship Game.

Schefter: Ravens will be raided
 Now that Baltimore has been eliminated from the playoffs, the clock starts on the New York Jets hiring Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan as their new head coach and the Cleveland Browns on hiring Ravens director of pro personnel George Kokinis as their general manager, NFL Network's Adam Schefter writes. More ... Ryan, 46, would replace the fired Eric Mangini and take over a New York team that started last season 8-3 but missed the playoffs with quarterback Brett Favre after a late-season collapse.

It became apparent that Ryan was at the top of the Jets' list of candidates when several other teams filled their head-coaching vacancies and New York's remained open. The Jets needed the Ravens' season to end before they could offer Ryan the job.

The Jets declined comment through team spokesman Bruce Speight.

Ryan is the son of former NFL coach Buddy Ryan and twin brother of Cleveland Browns defensive coordinator Rob Ryan. Rex Ryan has been the Ravens' defensive coordinator for the last four seasons.

Baltimore has been ranked in the top six in total yardage allowed under Ryan, including second overall this season while leading the NFL with 34 takeaways.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh had high praise for Ryan after the team fell one win short of the Super Bowl.

"He should have an opportunity to be a head coach soon," Harbaugh said, "and he's deserving of it."

Ryan, who also interviewed for the St. Louis Rams job that went to New York Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo on Saturday, impressed the Jets when he met with team officials for several hours earlier this month.

If hired, this would be the first head-coaching job for Ryan, who's said to be well-liked among his players because of his straightforward, no-nonsense style.

The Jets interviewed at least five other candidates, including Spagnuolo, Arizona Cardinals assistant head coach/offensive line coach Russ Grimm, Indianapolis Colts defensive coordinator Ron Meeks and fired Boston College coach Jeff Jagodzinski.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

Offline Marino

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #31 il: Gennaio 19, 2009, 06:10:13 pm »
With Ravens' season over, Jets to hire Ryan as head coach
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The Jets' head-coaching search is over now that the Baltimore Ravens' season is.

The Jets have reached an agreement with Baltimore's defensive coordinator, Rex Ryan, to be their new coach, reports NFL Network's Adam Schefter. The team is expected to make an official announcement Monday afternoon.

Ryan, 46, will replace the fired Eric Mangini and take over a New York team that started last season 8-3 but missed the playoffs with quarterback Brett Favre after a late-season collapse.

It became apparent that Ryan was at the top of the Jets' list of candidates when several other teams filled their head-coaching vacancies and New York's remained open. The Jets needed the Ravens' season to end before they could offer Ryan the job.

Ryan is the son of former NFL coach Buddy Ryan and twin brother of Cleveland Browns defensive coordinator Rob Ryan. Rex Ryan has been the Ravens' defensive coordinator for the last four seasons.

Baltimore has been ranked in the top six in total yardage allowed under Ryan, including second overall this season while leading the NFL with 34 takeaways.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh had high praise for Ryan after the team fell one win short of the Super Bowl.

"He should have an opportunity to be a head coach soon," Harbaugh said, "and he's deserving of it."

Ryan, who also interviewed for the St. Louis Rams job that went to New York Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo on Saturday, impressed the Jets when he met with team officials for several hours earlier this month.

This will be the first head-coaching job for Ryan, who's said to be well-liked among his players because of his straightforward, no-nonsense style.

The Jets interviewed at least five other candidates, including Spagnuolo, Arizona Cardinals assistant head coach/offensive line coach Russ Grimm, Indianapolis Colts defensive coordinator Ron Meeks and fired Boston College coach Jeff Jagodzinski.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

Offline buf

• Junior
« Risposta #32 il: Marzo 10, 2009, 11:27:55 pm »
Grande Manu! ;) ;) ;)

inutile dire che i Jets li vedo bene l'anno prossimo...scommetto che ci metteresti la firma perchè Mangini arrivi a vincere anche solo un terzo del suo mentore Belihcick ;D

Un po' di collirio? :adler:

Offline Marino

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #33 il: Settembre 22, 2009, 08:57:00 pm »
visto che questo topic è a dir poco abbandonato, spendo due parole sull'inizio folgorante dei Jets. Difesa tostissima e si vede non poco la mano dell'HC Ryan, ex DC dei Ravens. Brady, in difficoltà per tutto l'incontro e il solo intercetto testimonia solo in parte la figura peregrina incassata dai Pats. Più che convincente 2°tempo di MarK Sanchez, che si sta dimostrando veramente un buon QB, in grado di rivitalizzare uno STUCKEY qualsiasi.
Jets, sorpresa dell'anno.....è presto per dirlo e da tifoso Dolphins, direi di no, però ....questi Jets sembrano tutta un'altra cosa rispetto all'anno scorso.....RYAN DOCET???

Offline brax62

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #34 il: Settembre 22, 2009, 08:57:55 pm »
ladri!!!

Offline Marino

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #35 il: Settembre 22, 2009, 09:08:00 pm »
ladri!!!

...e per fortuna che volevo parlare di FA .....per quanto riguarda Granchialbero .....credo che a NY preferiscano Stuckey...

Offline brax62

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #36 il: Settembre 22, 2009, 09:13:39 pm »

...e per fortuna che volevo parlare di FA .....per quanto riguarda Granchialbero .....credo che a NY preferiscano Stuckey...

intanto hanno rotto il cazzo a noi quando c'era da firmare!!!
dateci la scelta :nonnino:

Offline joeflacco5

• Pro Bowler
  • purple&black pride..
  • Calcio: Genoa CFC
  • MLB: LA Dodgers
  • NBA: Chicago Bulls
  • NCAA F: Oklahoma Sooners
  • NFL: Baltimore Ravens
  • NHL: Detroit Red Wings
« Risposta #37 il: Settembre 22, 2009, 09:14:24 pm »
 :papa: :papa:

Offline 49er

• MVP
  • Calcio: Udinese Calcio
  • MLB: San Francisco Giants
  • NCAA F: Idaho Vandals
  • NFL: San Francisco 49ers
  • NHL: New York Islanders
« Risposta #38 il: Settembre 22, 2009, 09:17:21 pm »

scusa marino ma chissenestrafrega di cosa preferiscono i jets...se è vero quello che dicono le indiscrezioni (e visti i precedenti dei jets la cosa non sembra poi tanto una cazzata) devono pagare, come noi che abbiamo pagato per molto ma molto meno ;)

Offline Marino

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #39 il: Settembre 23, 2009, 12:07:58 am »
scusa marino ma chissenestrafrega di cosa preferiscono i jets...se è vero quello che dicono le indiscrezioni (e visti i precedenti dei jets la cosa non sembra poi tanto una cazzata) devono pagare, come noi che abbiamo pagato per molto ma molto meno ;)

...per carità avete tutte le ragioni di questo mondo.....ho voluto solo commentare la partita dei Jets....grande partita...grande difesa ....grande rookie Qb....hanno cercato di strapparvi Crabtree, avete ragione, ....amen....ma questa è un'altra storia!!!

Offline il maria

• Rookie
  • Ricky
« Risposta #40 il: Settembre 23, 2009, 04:40:03 pm »

cosa avete pagato ?
non ho mai avuto una prima scelta assoluta, anche perchè non saprei che farmene

Offline torrisone

• Hall of Famer
    • Effetto Terra
« Risposta #41 il: Settembre 23, 2009, 04:49:29 pm »
cosa avete pagato ?

Citazione
In 2008, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell ruled the 49ers violated the league anti-tampering policy when it contacted Drew Rosenhaus, agent for Bears linebacker Lance Briggs, during the 2007 season.
The 49ers forfeited their fifth-round pick, and the 49ers and Bears swapped third-round picks. (The 49ers were originally slated to pick five picks earlier than the Bears in the round.)
I once told a player we would sign him for a $500 bonus. His answer was, and I quote: “Well, I only have about $100 now, but I can get you the rest in about a week.” “No,” I answered, “We pay you.”

Offline Piergiu74

• MVP
« Risposta #42 il: Settembre 23, 2009, 04:54:54 pm »
Cmq sono una bella squadretta quest'anno....non davo una lira a Sanchez e invece...

Offline brax62

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #43 il: Settembre 23, 2009, 05:36:35 pm »

ma non avevamo anche dovuto mollare una 3rza per Adalius Thomas?

Offline torrisone

• Hall of Famer
    • Effetto Terra
« Risposta #44 il: Settembre 23, 2009, 05:54:14 pm »
ma non avevamo anche dovuto mollare una 3rza per Adalius Thomas?

Direi di no, guarda  i pick di quell'anno:

Rd   Pk   Player   Pos   Hght   Wght   School
1   29   Kentwan Balmer   DT   6'5"   298   North Carolina
2   8   Chilo Rachal   G   6'5"   315   Southern California
3   12   Reggie Smith   CB   6'1"   198   Oklahoma
4   8   Cody Wallace   C   6'4"   298   Texas A&M
6   8   Josh Morgan   WR   6'1"   215   Virginia Tech
7   7   Larry Grant   OLB   6'1"   232   Ohio State

...manca solo la 5° e si vede lo scambio al terzo giro
I once told a player we would sign him for a $500 bonus. His answer was, and I quote: “Well, I only have about $100 now, but I can get you the rest in about a week.” “No,” I answered, “We pay you.”