Autore Topic: New England Patriots  (Letto 266408 volte)

Plaxico

• Visitatore
Re: New England Patriots
« Risposta #1260 il: Gennaio 14, 2010, 12:00:22 pm »
Madonna ma s'è riempito de patriotini bimbominkia  :plaxico:

Offline sbiri

• Moderatore della sezione
  • Idolo delle folle
« Risposta #1261 il: Gennaio 14, 2010, 12:05:34 pm »
Madonna ma s'è riempito de patriotini bimbominkia  :plaxico:

son tutti affascinati da BB, dai suoi quarti down eroici e dalla sua umanità

o da brady e gisele?  :excelent:

Plaxico

• Visitatore
« Risposta #1262 il: Gennaio 14, 2010, 12:09:23 pm »
son tutti affascinati da BB, dai suoi quarti down eroici e dalla sua umanità

o da brady e gisele?  :excelent:

No è che oggigiorno va di moda tifare per i perdenti, ecco perché scelgono Brady e non Peyton  :stillers:

(non imparerai mai  :lollol:)

Offline sbiri

• Idolo delle folle
« Risposta #1263 il: Gennaio 14, 2010, 12:12:25 pm »
No è che oggigiorno va di moda tifare per i perdenti, ecco perché scelgono Brady e non Peyton  :stillers:

(non imparerai mai  :lollol:)

perchè tu sei un maestro che in realtà si tiene un po' abbottonato, non svela tutti i suoi segretucci da poveraccio

Plaxico

• Visitatore
« Risposta #1264 il: Gennaio 14, 2010, 12:14:06 pm »
perchè tu sei un maestro che in realtà si tiene un po' abbottonato, non svela tutti i suoi segretucci da poveraccio

lo dovresti sapere che la settimana del divisional è ricca di trappole, tutto quello che sembra non è e quello che non sembra è  :lollol:

Offline Marino

• Hall of Famer
  • Calcio: INTER
  • MLB: CHICAGO CUBS
  • NBA: MIAMI HEAT
  • NCAA F: FLORIDA GATORS
  • NFL: MIAMI DOLPHINS
  • NHL: VANCOUVER CANUCKS
« Risposta #1265 il: Gennaio 14, 2010, 12:16:45 pm »
vista la partita solo ieri sera (e mi mancano ancora ari-gb)...
beh che dire, partita coi controcazzi dei ravens che hanno giocato un quarto e poi si sono limitati.
i patriots squadra ormai in declino, è tempo di rinnovamento anche per loro (e per fortuna).
resta il fatto che ai playoff ci sono arrivati ancora uan volta e una partita no può sempre capitare.

su welker non direi questa gran perdita, non mi risulta che abbia mai vinto niente con i patriots.
al contrario, brady ha sempre vinto con ricevitori anonimi e rb dati per finiti, per cui non penso il problema sia un top wr (edelman mica male tra l'altro).

io mi preoccuperei di più sulla linea.
il sack che ha fatto ray lewis è stato attutito all'ultimo da un blocco di maroney. ma è entrato dentro tra centro e guardia con un'autostrada aperta.
se maroney non limitava ho paura che di brady trovavano solo i cocci.

...infatti io dico che quello dei Patriots è "UN SISTEMA" nel quale Brady gioca benissimo, ma visto che è ora di cambiare e che comunque ci sa fare, dargli dei WR potrebbe essere utile alla causa dei PATRIOTS....poi se ciò non avviene...tanto meglio per noi DOLPHINS!!!!....comunque anche il gioco di corse latita e non poco!!!

Offline sbiri

• Idolo delle folle
« Risposta #1266 il: Gennaio 14, 2010, 12:38:16 pm »
lo dovresti sapere che la settimana del divisional è ricca di trappole, tutto quello che sembra non è e quello che non sembra è  :lollol:

è un tormento

già mi devo svegliare tutte le sante mattine con gli sms di buongiono di brax...

Plaxico

• Visitatore
« Risposta #1267 il: Gennaio 14, 2010, 12:45:24 pm »
è un tormento

già mi devo svegliare tutte le sante mattine con gli sms di buongiono di brax...

:ahahah: :ahahah: :ahahah: :ahahah: :ahahah: :ahahah: :ahahah: :ahahah: :ahahah:

Offline ThePatriot

• Veteran
  • Calcio: F.C. Juventus
  • NFL: New England Patriots
« Risposta #1268 il: Gennaio 27, 2010, 07:40:12 pm »
The first half of this week's Ask PFW focuses on readers' questions about players possibly coming to and leaving New England.

What position on the defense do you think needs the most attention this offseason?
Ben Harvish

Same one as last offseason, Ben -- pass rusher. Despite Tully Banta-Cain's overachieving return to New England, there wasn't consistent pressure applied by the Patriots to opposing quarterbacks. Whether that means going after a veteran like Julius Peppers or targeting a young blue-chipper in the draft, Bill Belichick and his staff desperately need to upgrade the outside linebacker/defensive end spot in the months ahead.
Erik Scalavino

What are the chances of Julius Peppers (pictured) or Shawne Merriman to New England?
Edgar Serrato

Hey guys, although I'd love to see Peppers in New England, I have another possibility to help us out -- [the Giants'] Osi Umenyiora. I remember reading a month or so ago that Osi was unhappy in New York. Can you confirm that? Do you think he'd be interested in a change?
Jim Allen

Obviously, we don't cover the Giants the way we do the Patriots, so we can't "confirm" that Umenyiora is unhappy, other than to say that we've read and heard the comments he made toward the end of the season, which clearly sounded like those of a man who's ready to move on. His injury history should be taken into consideration, but he's in the prime of his career and could be a suitable addition to the Patriots defense.

Merriman, on the other hand, isn't someone I'd want on my team. I've always been suspicious of him, from a character standpoint, even before his suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy a few years back. Besides, I'm not sure he's worth the risk. His production this past year (after missing virtually all of 2008), wasn't nearly what it was in his first three seasons.

I still think Peppers is the best option, as I did last year, assuming he's not franchise tagged again by Carolina. The question is whether New England would be willing, even in an uncapped year, to foot the considerable contract he'll no doubt demand if he becomes a free agent.
Erik Scalavino

One of our biggest needs that no one talked about was the lack of a good kick returner. Since we traded Ellis Hobbs no one has even come close to filling his shoes. Except for the playoff game, we rarely took it past the 20-yard line. We didn't have any playmakers to return it. Wes Welker is more of a punt returner. What do you think we should do to address this issue?
Ethan Jones

Great observation. We've noticed and lamented that as well from up in the press box. This past season, the Patriots lacked a consistent kickoff return man, let alone a consistently good one. However, New England may already have its successor to Hobbs: Darius Butler. Returning kicks was something he did well at UConn and was given a chance to handle late in the season and wound up averaging nearly 21-yards per return. Not eye-popping, certainly, but there's potential there, to be sure. My guess is Butler enters 2010 as the leading candidate to return kickoffs. 
Erik Scalavino

Vince Wilfork is our best defensive player, Randy Moss is our best receiver, and Matt Light is an amazing offensive tackle. Why would the Patriots ever think of letting any of them go when their contracts expire? I know Light and Moss aren't what they used to be, but they are potential Hall of Famers, and are still star players. Vince Wilfork is the best nose tackle in the league, he takes 2-3 guys on per play! Letting him go would tank our defense. What do you think the Patriots should do about these players?
Matthew Trejo

Matthew, your Wilfork statement is probably true, your Moss one debatable, and your Light one absurd. Wilfork is an elite defender at his position, which is why the Patriots will almost certainly apply their franchise tag to him. I doubt he's going anywhere next season. If he does, though, I disagree that the defense would "tank," as you put it. Sure, it might not be as good, but it wasn't that great, even with him, this past year. Belichick and his staff would have to adapt, perhaps by switching schemes and/or finding another player or players to take his place.

One could argue that, before his knee injury, Wes Welker was New England's best receiver. Unlike Moss, there was never any doubt about whether or not Welker was giving it his all on every play, and his numbers -- not to mention his Pro Bowl and first-team All-Pro nods -- bear that out. Moss put up numbers that most receivers would envy as well, but he just didn't look like the same playmaker he was in 2007. He has one year left on his contract and will probably be back.

Light is a funny guy whom we enjoy talking with, but he's just an average left tackle, his 2007 All-Pro honor notwithstanding. That was an aberration. Potential Hall of Famers at that position need to be Pro Bowlers on a perennial basis, which Light is not (he was named to the 2006 squad only as an alternate, and by Belichick, no less). Light is best known for having his issues with premier pass rushers and was outshined this year by rookie Sebastian Vollmer. And investing $4.5 million (Light's reported salary in '10) for that type of return is not a prudent management decision. His chances of remaining a Patriot, in my estimation, are 50-50.

Bottom line: the reason the Patriots would choose to part with any or all of these players is simple -- if they think it would make good business sense.
Erik Scalavino

You guys do a great job; I look forward to PFW every week. Since you seem certain that Adalius Thomas will not be back, do you think he'll be traded before the draft for a pick? If so, what level pick do you think we could get for him and what teams (if any) might be interested?
Dave Anteski

Don't get your hopes up, Dave. As we've said before in this space, we expect Thomas to be cut sometime this offseason, barring some remarkable reconciliation with Belichick and the brass. If some NFL club wants to offer something for him, the Patriots will listen, of course. But don't hold your breath. Chances are, Thomas will be allowed to walk.
Erik Scalavino

Hello, Gentlemen. Love the column. Wondered what you guys thought of possibly adding a guy like Chester Taylor from the Vikings. On any other team he'd be the featured back, and he's great at catching passes coming out of the backfield. It doesn't hurt any that he's also very good at picking up blitzes, since we'll have to deal with the Jets' defense next year.
J.P. Galasso

He's a good back, but not nearly as good as you think. If he were, he would be some other team's feature back right now. Plus, he's 30, the age at which most ball carriers' productivity drops off sharply. If he were on the Patriots at this point, he'd be no different than Sammy Morris, Fred Taylor, or Kevin Faulk -- a committee member. I agree that New England needs a legit feature back, but they'll have to find one in the draft, in all likelihood.
Erik Scalavino

Good Day. I would just like to say I am a diehard Patriots fan up here in Brocket, Alberta, Canada. I was fortunate enough to see my Pats at the Denver game in October. They lost, but I was there cheering for them anyway. Which brings me to my question. Do you think with Wes Welker down till at least Week 7, and Randy Moss in his last contract year, there would be a chance that Bill Belichick would consider trading for Brandon Marshall to be our future No 1 wideout? Do you think one of those three second-rounders we have this year would be enough to get him? Thanks.
Casey Provost

I know there is lack of depth at the wide receiver position. What do you think the chances would be of either Brandon Marshall or Anquan Boldin (pictured) coming to the Pats?
Cam Prescott

I want nothing to do with Marshall. He's a problem child and this isn't a charity ward (and please spare me the Corey Dillon, Randy Moss comparisons). I'm all in favor, however, of acquiring Boldin. He'd be a great complement to, or even replacement for, Moss.
Erik Scalavino

Offline Danny_Romo

• Heisman
  • Hire Cowher !
« Risposta #1269 il: Gennaio 27, 2010, 08:51:18 pm »
Grazie mille,

avevo proprio il bisogno di sapere come la pensa Erick Scalavino.  :umhhhh:
FREE PLAXICO !!!

Offline ThePatriot

• Veteran
« Risposta #1270 il: Gennaio 27, 2010, 09:12:12 pm »
non c'è di che...:lollol:

Offline sbiri

• Idolo delle folle
« Risposta #1271 il: Gennaio 28, 2010, 11:09:32 am »
Lppodighe?  :shame:

Offline ThePatriot

• Veteran
« Risposta #1272 il: Febbraio 01, 2010, 10:13:55 pm »
I PATRIOTI AL PRO-BOWL

For one night, at least, Richard Seymour, Ty Law and Adam Vinatieri were on the same team again with Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.

The three former Patriots were chosen along with the head coach, quarterback and current Patriots receiver Randy Moss for the NFL’s All-Decade Team. The 53-man roster of all-stars from the 2000s was selected by the Pro Football Hall of Fame Selection Committee, a group of nearly four dozen media members who choose the Hall of Fame inductees each year.

On a soggy Sunday night in south Florida, a ceremony was held just prior to the Pro Bowl to announce the selections. Brady, Belichick and Vinatieri were each one of two people named to the roster at their position. Peyton Manning, Tony Dungy and David Akers were the other quarterback, coach and kicker named to the squad. Seymour was one of four defensive tackles chosen, Law one of four cornerbacks and Moss one of four receivers.

Though Brady was originally selected to play in this year’s Pro Bowl and Moss was called on to replace injured teammate Wes Welker, both backed out because of injuries. However, three other Patriots did take part – started, in fact – in the exhibition match, and the one who was least likely to make a game-saving play did just that.

With the game tied 34-34 late in the fourth quarter, the AFC squad had the ball deep in NFC territory. Quarterback Matt Schaub of Houston dropped back to pass, but was sacked and fumbled. Patriots guard Logan Mankins scooped up the ball and rumbled back to the line of scrimmage before being tackled by NFC defenders.

“I just saw it go rolling by, and I dove right on it,” Mankins explained afterward. “Then I realized no one touched me, so I took off. That was important that we kept the ball. I was just thinking don’t get blown up. Thankfully, they just wrapped me up and let me fall down.”

Two plays later, Titans running back Chris Johnson scored the game-winning touchdown, as the AFC prevailed 41-34.

“Maybe they’ll remember me in this Pro Bowl,” Mankins added.

The fans in Miami, where the game was held this year to coincide with the Super Bowl, certainly remembered nose tackle Vince Wilfork and safety Brandon Meriweather. Both Patriots all-stars played their college football at the University of Miami, which is referred to by local fans and alumni simply as “The U.”

During pre-game introductions, both Wilfork and Meriweather were greeted by a chorus of “UUUUUUU” chants from the Hurricane faithful in attendance.

“It’s a dream come true for me. Ever since I was little, I’ve been watching this game, hoping that one day, I would get a chance to play with some of these guys and actually play in it,” Meriweather remarked. He was chosen as an alternate after rookie Jairus Byrd of Buffalo backed out due to injury.

“Now that I’ve got my chance, I’m just going to embrace it and stay humble.”

Meriweather totaled three tackles (all solo), including one for a loss on the NFC’s first offensive play.

Wilfork, meantime, played in his second Pro Bowl and insisted he was there simply to “have fun.” Apparently, he accomplished his goal, as his name didn’t appear in the game’s final stat sheet.

Offline ThePatriot

• Veteran
« Risposta #1273 il: Febbraio 01, 2010, 10:20:45 pm »

Mock                                     Updated           22nd Pick

Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN Insider   January 21   Ricky Sapp, LB, Clemson

Draft Countdown              January 22   Tim Tebow, QB, Florida

Don Banks, SI.com              January 28   Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas

Bucky Brooks, NFL.com              January 21   Ricky Sapp, LB, Clemson

NFL Draft Blitz                         January 30   Jerry Hughes (DE/OLB) TCU

Evan Silva, RotoWorld              January 26   Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas

Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com   January 19   Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State

Chad Reuter, NFLDraftScout.com   January 19   Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida

DraftNotebook.com- Stevenson   January 29   Brian Price, DT, UCLA

Great Blue North Draft Report   January 25   Ricky Sapp, LB, Clemson

Scott Wright's Draft Countdown   January 22   Tim Tebow, QB, Florida

Fox Sports                         January 27   Everson Griffen, DE/OLB, USC

FootballsFuture.com              January 21   Jared Odrick, DT, Penn St

Scout.com                         January 29   Ricky Sapp, LB, Clemson

OurLads.com                         January 27   Sean Weatherspoon, OLB Missouri

queste sono le scelte che ci vengono assegnate nei vari mock sul web...:

4 Ricky Sapp LB Clemson (probabilmente sarà lui la nostra scelta)
2 Sergio Kindle DE Texas
2 Jared Odrick DT Penn State
1 Sean Weatherspoon, OLB Missouri
1 Everson Griffen, DE/OLB, USC
1 Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida
1 Brian Price, DT, UCLA
1 Jerry Hughes (DE/OLB) TCU

Offline ThePatriot

• Veteran
« Risposta #1274 il: Febbraio 01, 2010, 10:27:19 pm »
Tom Brady :idolo:
Randy Moss :idolo:
Richard Seymour :idolo:
Ty Law :idolo:
Adam Vinatieri :idolo:

sono stati selezionati nel  2000s NFL All Decade Team :idolo:

ah e anche belichick come head coach....