Autore Topic: The Monsters of Midway  (Letto 519746 volte)

Offline Bears54

• Moderatore della sezione
  • Idolo delle folle
  • NBA: Chicago Bulls
  • NFL: Chicago Bears
  • NHL: Chicago Blackhawks
Re: The Monsters of Midway
« Risposta #2730 il: Giugno 28, 2010, 02:40:24 pm »
'azzo  :o
VICENZA CORSAIRS OWNER & GM - MADDEN 12 Season 1 JIM MADDEN LEAGUE SUPERBOWL CHAMPION

“People ask me if I could fly, I said, "yeah.... for a little while."” Michael J. Jordan

Offline Bears54

• Idolo delle folle
« Risposta #2731 il: Luglio 09, 2010, 01:59:00 pm »

Martz impressed with Cutler's ability to learn offense

In the first of nine position previews in advance of training camp, offensive coordinator Mike Martz discusses Bears quarterbacks with senior writer Larry Mayer:

LM: How would you assess how Jay Cutler has learned the offense to this point?

Quarterback Jay Cutler threw 27 touchdown passes last year, the third most in Bears history.
MM: We’ve thrown everything at him and he’s handled everything exceptionally well. He’s a student of the game, and I think he has an affinity for what we’re doing.

LM: How confident are you in his ability to operate this system?

MM: I have the utmost confidence in him. I don’t blink with him, and he can do things that I’ve never seen anybody do before. He’s got some very special qualities.

LM: What excites you most about working with him?

MM: He’s such a fast learner. He absorbs things so quickly. He gets it immediately. When we put something in new, he understands the concepts immediately. If he makes a mistake, it’s a one-time thing. He’s such a quick study in everything we do.

LM: How did Cutler perform in minicamp and OTA practices?

MM: You have to give him really high marks. The footwork was new for him. What we’re asking guys to do with the footwork is a little bit different. Before we got into OTAs, he had a lot of reps working on it just one-on-one. The discipline of the footwork came very easy to him.

LM: How is the footwork different?

MM: Everything is timing-oriented. He’s just got to get back. Instead of watching and waiting on guys, the ball comes out in tempo based on coverages, and you’ve just got to get it out of there.

LM: Interceptions were a problem for Cutler last season. How confident are you that he will reduce the number of picks that he threw in 2009?

MM: I don’t have any thoughts about last year or the year before or the year before. None of that has any bearing on what we’re doing today, none of it. It has no correlation. I don’t think about it. I don’t talk to him about it. I couldn’t care less about what happened last year.

LM: How would you assess how Caleb Hanie performed in the offseason?

MM: He came a long way. He had a lot to learn because the systems he’s been through are so different from what we do. The physical part of it, he’s got all kinds of skills. At first he fought it a little bit, but he made remarkable progress through the end of OTAs.

LM: What’s your assessment of rookie Dan LeFevour?

MM: I think he’s who we thought he was, I absolutely do. We’re trying to get Caleb as many reps as we can, so we’ll see. I feel confident about what [LeFevour] can do. We’ll give him opportunities in camp.

:tie:
VICENZA CORSAIRS OWNER & GM - MADDEN 12 Season 1 JIM MADDEN LEAGUE SUPERBOWL CHAMPION

“People ask me if I could fly, I said, "yeah.... for a little while."” Michael J. Jordan

Offline Joe Cool

• Redattore
  • Veteran
« Risposta #2732 il: Luglio 09, 2010, 02:18:07 pm »
Più che learn offense, meglio che cominci a read difense per prendere qualche intercetto di meno...

Offline Bears54

• Idolo delle folle
« Risposta #2733 il: Luglio 09, 2010, 02:19:38 pm »
Più che learn offense, meglio che cominci a read difense per prendere qualche intercetto di meno...

:sobbs:

Offline Bears54

• Idolo delle folle
« Risposta #2734 il: Luglio 12, 2010, 09:22:12 am »

:yeahban:

Offline Piergiu74

• MVP
« Risposta #2735 il: Luglio 16, 2010, 01:24:16 pm »
Occhio a Unga... :papa:

Offline Bears54

• Idolo delle folle
« Risposta #2736 il: Luglio 16, 2010, 05:57:47 pm »
Occhio a Unga... :papa:

Se ne parla bene  :si:

Offline paco

• Rookie
« Risposta #2737 il: Luglio 28, 2010, 01:19:27 pm »
Un tlae esperto di fantsy prevede per AD una stagione da...  no dai lo faccio dire da lui...

Citazione
Bottom line: Aromashodu is the Chicago pass catcher to target. His skill set and comfort level with Cutler are unmatched. Since this will be a pass-first offense, even near the goal-line, the well-traveled wideout is poised for a 75-catch, 1,200-yard, 7-9 TD campaign. In other words, for the Noise's mid-round money, he possesses more fantasy gold than Fort Knox.

Aggiunge che è anche "excited" dal passin game dei Bears quest'anno... Sperèm! :gufata:
Citazione
(parlando di Alex Smith)...non è scarso, è allenato male.. Ma ti pare che possa allenarlo uno come quello? Questo è un ex linebacker ed in difesa, si sa, eccelli se uccidi chi ti sta intorno. Questo ha più commozioni celebrali che neuroni, onestamente, che cazzo può insegnare a Smith che già di suo è un coglione? E poi onestamente... A te sembra normale? Ma l'hai visto? Ha lo sguardo come i merluzzi sul banco frigo della pescheria...

You'll see me on TV, Any Given Sunday, win a Superbowl and drive off on a Hyundai - Trained by Groalbe

Offline joeflacco5

• Pro Bowler
  • purple&black pride..
  • Calcio: Genoa CFC
  • MLB: LA Dodgers
  • NCAA F: Oklahoma Sooners
  • NFL: Baltimore Ravens
  • NHL: Detroit Red Wings
« Risposta #2738 il: Agosto 01, 2010, 02:14:47 pm »
Isaac Bruce, a star wide receiver in Mike Martz’s offense with the St. Louis Rams, is headed to Olivet Nazarene University to help the Bears learn Martz’s system

Offline Bears54

• Idolo delle folle
« Risposta #2739 il: Agosto 03, 2010, 10:31:52 am »
Isaac Bruce, a star wide receiver in Mike Martz’s offense with the St. Louis Rams, is headed to Olivet Nazarene University to help the Bears learn Martz’s system

Martz vuole pararsi il culo contro eventuali problemi di apprendimento

Offline joeflacco5

• Pro Bowler
  • purple&black pride..
« Risposta #2740 il: Agosto 18, 2010, 10:38:16 am »
si parla di un possibile arrivo di Todd Collins con backup QB...

With Bears backup QB Caleb Hanie nursing a right shoulder injury, the word out of Chicago is that the search for a backup quarterback is on.And beyond Hanie the Bears have only rookie Dan LeFevour, who has struggled, in reserve.The answer could be Todd Collins,who worked with Martz in Detroit during the 2006 season and expressed a strong interest in signing with the Bears back in May.
Collins’ name tops the list after the Bears reportedly put in calls to Trent Green and Damon Huard.

What are our options?” Smith asked. ”That’s probably bringing someone else in. We have three preseason games to go. Maybe it’s somebody who already knows something about the system. We have a lot of options. We’re talking about our backups still. It’s no different a situation than anyone else if you lose two quarterbacks. Injuries happen.”

Offline groalbe

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #2741 il: Agosto 18, 2010, 08:19:04 pm »
E' tanto che non venivo a rompere le palle ai cugini pelosi...  :adler:
che aria tira orsacchiotti? Quest'anno siete la rivale da battere secondo me..  :ohnothepatriot:
ma confido in JC  :pliiiis: :papa: :asdlol:

Offline joeflacco5

• Pro Bowler
  • purple&black pride..
« Risposta #2742 il: Agosto 19, 2010, 02:42:29 am »
the Bears bolstered their quarterback position Wednesday by signing Matt Gutierrez to a one-year contract.

Offline brax62

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #2743 il: Agosto 19, 2010, 04:15:14 am »
jt osullivan no?  :tie:

Offline Bears54

• Idolo delle folle
« Risposta #2744 il: Agosto 19, 2010, 10:21:51 pm »
the Bears bolstered their quarterback position Wednesday by signing Matt Gutierrez to a one-year contract.

:mmahh: