Autore Topic: New York Giants, the blue corner  (Letto 227318 volte)

Offline pitt

• Sophomore
Re: New York Giants
« Risposta #315 il: Agosto 01, 2007, 11:10:12 pm »
i Giants non offriranno un nuovo contratto a Strahan.
Citazione
The New York Giants are not going to renegotiate Michael Strahan's $4 million contract to persuade the seven-time Pro Bowl defensive end to stop mulling retirement and play this season.

"I don't want to get into negotiating in the media," co-owner John Mara said Wednesday as Strahan's holdout entered its sixth day. "He is under contract and I think you all know what our position is on that. I don't want to make any statements on that."

We'd like to have him come in. If he decided to come in, that's great. We will be a better team with him in here. If he doesn't, we'll move on. 
Giants co-owner John Mara

In his gut, Mara said he feels the 35-year-old Strahan would eventually decide to play, but he said the team was prepared to move on without him.

The Giants on Wednesday had veteran defensive end Simeon Rice in for a physical.

According to ESPN's Sal Paolantonio, a physical conducted by Giants physicians at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City revealed that Rice still has about two weeks of rehab left on his surgically repaired shoulder.

Giants general manager Jerry Reese plans to meet with Rice on Wednesday or Thursday, but no deal is imminent, a Giants official said.

Mara also downplayed a report that Strahan felt betrayed because the Giants were fining him $14,288 for each day of his holdout.

"He hasn't expressed that to us," said Mara, who said the team had no choice but to dock Strahan. "I'm not sure I believe that."

Strahan's surprising absence has dominated the training camp at the University at Albany since players reported on Friday.

The team knew the recently divorced veteran was looking for more money, but was stunned when his agent said he was mulling retirement.

Had the Giants known that the NFL single-season sack record holder was considering retirement, they might have made moves in the free-agent market or drafted differently in April.

"We would have liked to have gotten a little more notice," Mara said. "I understand the fact that he is just undecided about what he wants to do. Sometimes these things happen."

Mara insisted that the holdout has not been a distraction for a team trying to rebound from an 8-8 season that was good enough to get a playoff berth.

"I don't think any of us are that troubled by it," Mara said. "We'd like to have him come in. If he decided to come in, that's great. We will be a better team with him in here. If he doesn't, we'll move on."

Mara, who has known Strahan longer than coach Tom Coughlin and Reese, has not spoken with him in recent weeks. He said he might reach out and make a telephone call if the holdout continues, but noted that nothing he says will probably influence Strahan's decision. He said No. 92 has to make up his own mind.

Mara's biggest concern would be if Strahan missed a lot of training camp.

"That is something we are concerned about because I have noticed that players who come in late do run a higher risk of being injured," he said. "But he's a veteran. He has been around a long time and always has been in excellent condition. You would like to think that would not be the case with him."

Strahan missed half of last season with a foot injury.

Mara called Strahan one of the greatest players in Giants history and a surefire Hall of Famer. He added retiring now would not be the way to end his career, but he was prepared to accept it if Strahan left football after 14 seasons and 132½ career sacks.

"He has done too much for the franchise for me to be bitter about it," Mara said. "He has been a great player for a long time. These things happen."

Offline stepmarbury3

• Pro Bowler
« Risposta #316 il: Agosto 01, 2007, 11:42:34 pm »
mi sembra logico vista l intenzione di ritirarsi del capitano

Offline Piergiu74

• MVP
« Risposta #317 il: Agosto 02, 2007, 05:56:21 pm »
Se dopo Barber ci mettiamo pure Strahan, è dura...veramente dura...a me Rice fa impazzire da sempre ma nn credo sia da considerare un pilastro per il futuro...dove, mi pare, ci stiamo sempre più incartando...

Offline stepmarbury3

• Pro Bowler
« Risposta #318 il: Agosto 02, 2007, 09:49:09 pm »
per il futuro può anche tornare kiwanuka da DE se la crescita di wilkinson si dimostra costante

Offline Piergiu74

• MVP
« Risposta #319 il: Agosto 08, 2007, 02:59:03 pm »
Datemi Simeone.... 8)

Offline stepmarbury3

• Pro Bowler
« Risposta #320 il: Agosto 09, 2007, 02:43:37 am »
per il presente sarebbe un grande acquisto visto che oltre ad essere un fenomeno in campo è pure un leader fuori.

Offline Piergiu74

• MVP
« Risposta #321 il: Agosto 13, 2007, 11:04:23 am »
Prima partita... :teoidolo: :papa: :papa: :papa:

Offline Al Morgan

• Heisman
« Risposta #322 il: Agosto 13, 2007, 01:03:06 pm »
Taye ha inviato a tutta la vostra secondaria un biglietto di ringraziamento ed un cesto di frutta dopo Sabato sera  ;D

Al

Offline stepmarbury3

• Pro Bowler
« Risposta #323 il: Agosto 16, 2007, 04:27:07 pm »
 :'(

Offline Davide

• Veteran
« Risposta #324 il: Agosto 21, 2007, 05:43:56 pm »
i Giants potrebbero essere interessati al rilasciato Trotter

Citazione
  .....several teams are likely to be interested in Trotter as a free agent. The best bet might be the Giants, where his former position coach, Steve Spagnuolo, is now the defensive coordinator.....

Offline Warm

• Heisman
  • Irritante
« Risposta #325 il: Agosto 21, 2007, 05:45:22 pm »
Ci manca giusto che vada dai nemici (lo ha già fatto una volta trallaltro) :-/

Offline Davide

• Veteran
« Risposta #326 il: Agosto 21, 2007, 05:58:48 pm »
Ci manca giusto che vada dai nemici (lo ha già fatto una volta trallaltro) :-/

ecco perchè gli hanno consigliato di ritirarsi....non lo vogliono dai nemici ;D

Offline Warm

• Heisman
  • Irritante
« Risposta #327 il: Agosto 21, 2007, 06:17:57 pm »
ecco perchè gli hanno consigliato di ritirarsi....non lo vogliono dai nemici ;D
Che poi, in mezzo hanno già Pierce, chi sposti?

Offline stepmarbury3

• Pro Bowler
« Risposta #328 il: Agosto 21, 2007, 09:34:45 pm »
lo metterebbero a fianco di pierce magari hanno capito che kiwanuka dovrà giocare da DE visto che Strahan è in dubbio

Offline stepmarbury3

• Pro Bowler
« Risposta #329 il: Settembre 03, 2007, 05:40:24 am »
A quanto pare bill parcells sta per tornare ai giants nel ruolo di GM, magari può dare una scossa generale all ambiente