Autore Topic: The Saints are coming  (Letto 458617 volte)

Offline groalbe

• Hall of Famer
Re: The Saints are coming
« Risposta #1185 il: Ottobre 05, 2009, 09:40:29 am »
Una volta che l'attacco va in difficoltà la partita la vince la difesa.
Questo è un segnale importantissimo!

E secondo te zio cosa sto dicendo da due mesi a questa parte? Stagione perfetta, difesa invalicabile che quest'anno vi permette di vincere segnando "solo" 24 punti (lo scorso anno a volte non vincevate neanche refertandone 40 di punti...).
Sharper d'altronde lo aveva detto che lasciava i Vikings per giocarsi ormai le sue ultime carte di SB con una franchigia molto più forte..ed eccolo che riporta in end zone palloni su palloni pure lui..
Niente da fare, giochi già fatti!  :nonnino:
 :gufata:

Offline joeflacco5

• Pro Bowler
  • purple&black pride..
  • Calcio: Genoa CFC
  • MLB: LA Dodgers
  • NBA: Chicago Bulls
  • NCAA F: Oklahoma Sooners
  • NFL: Baltimore Ravens
  • NHL: Detroit Red Wings
« Risposta #1186 il: Ottobre 05, 2009, 09:42:25 am »
io lo dico da un po'..si può.....sognare il grande ballo,si può...

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
  • Il mio angolo di cielo è un triangolo di pelo
« Risposta #1187 il: Ottobre 05, 2009, 11:43:08 am »
Qualche commento di oggi.

ESPN: "Saints turn Sanchez human as mistakes kill Jets.
Just like you give credit to the Jets defense, you need to give credit to the Saints defense.
The Saints are a nasty team this year. They are scary. Jets are just plain overmatched in this game and as a 3-0 team that's saying a lot for the Saints. I think even the Patriots would have trouble beating the Saints.

CBS: Perfect Saints!

Sport Illustrated: Saints "D" silences Jets.

USA TODAY: Sharper, Saints stick it to Jets, stay unbeaten with 24-10 win

Alcuni commenti dei protagonisti:

Bush: "It's rare our offense only scores one touchdown and we win. The defense was the deciding factor."

Fujita: "Darren Sharper has been everything we hoped he would be and more. We knew this was going to be a fight, and Coach (Williams) was saying all week, 'You've got to win the fight before you win the game"

Rex Ryan: "The Saints outplayed us today. Overall,  it was poor performance on our part. We kind of got it handed to us a little bit."

Sean Payton: "This isn't about style points. This is about the formula to win each game and then get on to the next week."

Sanchez: "Sharper read me the entire way. He saw my eyes,  and I threw it right to him. There's absolutely no excuse for that. It was a poor decision and poor use of my eyes."

Ayodele: "We noticed that (Sanchez) runs around with the ball real loosely in his hands. When I saw it on tape,  it was like he must have some big hands the way he runs around with it out there. So we knew if we could get to him we could probably get that ball out."

Ellis: You could see him (Sanchez) on their sideline with his head down. It was very visible. One thing I learned is even when you are frustrated and down,  you never let the guys on the other sideline see you. That is something he has to learn."

Brees: "The defense played outstanding once again."

Vilma (sul blocco alle ginocchia, scorrettissimo, di Sanchez): I don't know what he was doing, to be honest with you. I saw him, and thought he was just trying to buy time, and then he goes and cuts me. It was kind of dirty, and he got the penalty for it. Good. I saw the flags, and I let it go. There was no reason to go try and get in his face over it. I hope he gets fined for it. Like that guy, oh, yeah, Brett Favre.''
On the Jets sideline after the play, New York offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer appeared to be informing his young quarterback, perhaps for the first time, that throwing such a block was not allowed in the NFL. Sanchez responded by looking duly chastised.

Offline groalbe

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1188 il: Ottobre 05, 2009, 12:09:41 pm »
Visto che lo dice anche la CBS ? Perfect Saints!  :nonnino:

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1189 il: Ottobre 05, 2009, 12:11:51 pm »
Visto che lo dice anche la CBS ? Perfect Saints!  :nonnino:

CBS = Che Belli Siamo

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1190 il: Ottobre 05, 2009, 12:36:35 pm »

Online Piergiu74

• MVP
« Risposta #1191 il: Ottobre 05, 2009, 12:36:47 pm »
Che belli sarete.... :papa:

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1192 il: Ottobre 05, 2009, 12:48:30 pm »
Che belli sarete.... :papa:

Per ora siamo.
Poi magari diventiamo anche brutti, per carità...

Online Piergiu74

• MVP
« Risposta #1193 il: Ottobre 05, 2009, 03:14:04 pm »
Capisco la scaramanzia...ma con questa difesa in crescita nulla è precluso...

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1194 il: Ottobre 05, 2009, 03:31:37 pm »
Capisco la scaramanzia...ma con questa difesa in crescita nulla è precluso...

Non è scaramanzia, è che ha ragione Plaxico quando dice che è a dicembre che si iniziano a fare i conti...

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1195 il: Ottobre 05, 2009, 04:14:27 pm »
Comunque si segnala come i commentatori della CBS ad inizio terzo quarto, sul punteggio di 17 a 3 per i Saints, si siano messi a disquisire di quanto i Jets stessero giocando bene... :tuseicioc:

E il commento di Deion Sanders (un demente ex Falcons) che, su NFL Network Gameday Final, ha detto di volere vedere se i Saints saranno capaci di vincere anche outdoors. E nessuno ha voluto ricordargli che abbiamo già giocato e stravinto a Philadelphia e a Buffalo, che non mi risulta siano stadi con la copertura... :adler:

Poi c'è il demente di Pete Prisco della CBS che dice che Payton sarebbe invidioso di Williams...peccato che scorda di dire che Payton, per avere con DC Williams, ha rinunciato a 250.000 dollari l'anno per darli a Williams.

Se su di noi iniziano le speculazioni e le voci false e assurde vuol dire che siamo forti davvero. Buon segno...

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1196 il: Ottobre 05, 2009, 04:59:08 pm »
Commento di Ronnie Lott:

NEW ORLEANS — New Orleans Saints safety Darren Sharper locked on to the rookie eyes of New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez for two interceptions, including a 99-yard touchdown return in Sunday's 24-10 win against the Jets.

But in the bigger picture, Sharper is eying Hall of Fame safety Ronnie Lott.

Sharper's two interceptions give him five this season and 59 for his 13-season career, most among active players.

Sharper moved past Hall of Famer Emmitt Thomas into sole possession of ninth place.

But Sharper's target is Lott's 63 career interceptions, which stands sixth all time.

"Ronnie Lott's my guy, a guy I looked up to growing up," Sharper said. "If I could catch up to him, that would be special."

Especially since Lott spoke to the Saints in late August when Saints coach Sean Payton arranged for the former San Francisco 49ers, Oakland Raiders and New York Jets safety to address his team before their third preseason game against the Raiders.

"Ronnie told our team, 'You have the smell of greatness, and go out there each and every day and play and practice like that,' " Sharper said.

"He told us, 'You might only get one shot at the Super Bowl.'

"He said, 'You've got a shot to get to the Super Bowl.' "

Offline joeflacco5

• Pro Bowler
  • purple&black pride..
« Risposta #1197 il: Ottobre 05, 2009, 06:28:24 pm »
adesso c'è il BYE, poi i Giants..battaglia tra undefeted teams..

Offline joeflacco5

• Pro Bowler
  • purple&black pride..
« Risposta #1198 il: Ottobre 05, 2009, 06:35:23 pm »
coach Payton sulla difesa:
It’s a team game and it is not about one side of the ball or the other. I thought our defense was outstanding today. All three phases are needed to win football games and I think we had that."

“I thought we got a pretty good jump on some of the snap counts. These guys are playing well. I thought by-and-large we did a good job of rushing the passer. He gets rid of it quick and he is pretty sharp with the offense. He gets to the right play a lot of times and he is well coached. Fortunately, we made a lot of plays.”

“I think to win in this league you have to play a complementary game. This isn’t about style points. This is about the formula to win each game and then get on to the next week. That is really the truth so we may have to run the ball more or play more coverage on defense, but ultimately we have to be in sync and in concert as to how we are going to win each week. I was pleased. I thought it was a good team effort. When we needed to score late in the game to go up two touchdowns, I thought that was a big series and (Robert) Meachem came up with a big third down catch and we got them to jump offsides on fourth down and that was a big play for us.”

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1199 il: Ottobre 06, 2009, 01:14:48 pm »

Questo è Bobby Hebert, Qb dei Saints dal 1985 al 1992, uno dei migliori QB della storia della franchigia.
Nel video c'è la sua reazione al secondo TD di domenica contro i Jets, quello del 14 a 0 su sack e fumble ricoperto in end zone di Ayodele.
FAN-TA-STI-CO!   :idolo:

[youtube=425,350]iWbGvDRyJow[/youtube]

p.s. la mia reazione è stata nettamente peggiore.... :adler: