Autore Topic: The Saints are coming  (Letto 476571 volte)

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
  • Il mio angolo di cielo è un triangolo di pelo
Re: The Saints are coming
« Risposta #2550 il: Febbraio 03, 2010, 08:10:47 pm »
Do the Saints play dirty?
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl/09000d5d8162c347/Do-the-Saints-play-dirty

Ditemi voi se è normale una discussione del genere... :plaxico:

Offline groalbe

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #2551 il: Febbraio 03, 2010, 09:31:05 pm »
Do the Saints play dirty?
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl/09000d5d8162c347/Do-the-Saints-play-dirty

Ditemi voi se è normale una discussione del genere... :plaxico:

non è la discussione ad essere anormale..a vedere le vostre ultime partite...  :folk:

Offline brax62

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #2552 il: Febbraio 04, 2010, 04:03:08 am »
piazzategli sto babà ragazzi  :owned:

:pliiiis: :pliiiis: :pliiiis:

[youtube=425,350]x2KRpRMSu4g[/youtube]

Online sbiri

• Moderatore della sezione
  • Idolo delle folle
« Risposta #2553 il: Febbraio 04, 2010, 10:02:11 am »
piazzategli sto babà ragazzi  :owned:

:pliiiis: :pliiiis: :pliiiis:

[youtube=425,350]x2KRpRMSu4g[/youtube]

:shok: :shok:

Offline brax62

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #2554 il: Febbraio 05, 2010, 04:26:29 am »
[...] e "vaffanculo" ai colz

[youtube=425,350]CctHKU4Lvwo[/youtube]

Online sbiri

• Moderatore della sezione
  • Idolo delle folle
« Risposta #2555 il: Febbraio 05, 2010, 10:44:47 am »
anche vasco adesso

Offline brax62

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #2556 il: Febbraio 06, 2010, 04:30:54 am »
meno male che saints dj risponde a radiocolz18

[youtube=425,350]tAGnKpE4NCI[/youtube]

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
  • Il mio angolo di cielo è un triangolo di pelo
« Risposta #2557 il: Febbraio 06, 2010, 08:42:31 pm »
Citazione
LeCharles Bentley's love letter to the city of New Orleans

CLEVELAND - The most difficult task for even the most astute marketing expert to assess is the value of any given NFL franchise to its city.
Certain cities are just happy to have something to do on Sunday afternoons in the fall, while in others, the team and the city are synonymous. This is the reality for the city of New Orleans and their beloved Saints.

I had the honor of being selected by New Orleans in the 2002 NFL draft, but when my telephone rang and former Saints coach Jim Haslett notified me I was their next selection, I was anything but honored. Considering I had just taken team visits to Miami, Dallas and San Diego, I was far from excited about being drafted by a city that was the poorest and most dangerous in America.

It didn't take me very long to realize statistics were not the sum of what the Crescent City represented.

As I grew from a bright-eyed and naive college athlete, the city not only grew on me but became a part of me. Growing up in Cleveland, I was fortunate enough to land in a city that mirrored much of what I understood home to be. Both cities were represented by hard-working, resourceful, prideful, compassionate and passionate individuals that, above all, adored their football teams.

The city of New Orleans has always been a poor city, but despite its economic depravity, it was full of life. This is why New Orleans is the travel destination for people from all over the world that desire some of the best entertainment and cuisine this country has to offer. Upon departure, travelers couldn't grasp the depth of poverty and hopelessness they left behind.

This isn't to say folks should have felt obligated to open their savings account to every young child that tap-danced on Bourbon Street for spare change. I am merely trying to point out the level of pride and esteem the people of New Orleans held within them.

No matter how dire the circumstances around them were, you were always greeted with a "hey, baaaby" and a smile. The population understood there was extreme poverty and crime amongst them, but they never allowed themselves to be consumed by their reality as opposed to cherishing what they had.

Tourism was the lifeblood of the city, and the people knew that. This is why every tourist left the Crescent City with a smile and stories to tell. Everything visitors sought in New Orleans, they were also able to take home with them: cookbooks, pralines, daiquiri mixes, novelties -- and even Emeril Lagasse could be seen nightly across the country, courtesy of the Food Network.

The only thing that New Orleanians felt was theirs and theirs alone was the Saints.

When tourism was down and crime was up, Saints fans always knew they had something to cheer for. The old adage says that, "opposites attract, " but the city and its team were anything but opposites. Since the inception of the Saints, they have been perennial losers plagued by bad coaching, players and management.

The Louisiana Purchase was just the beginning of bad deals that led New Orleans to be plagued by crooks and criminals, but I'm not referring to the ones in the Garden District but government.

There was a natural love affair between the team and its fan base, one that went deeper than wins and losses. The New Orleans Saints are the source of civic pride and esteem for the citizens. It is extremely difficult for me to explain the depth of love and passion the city has for its team, but anyone who has been to the Superdome on a Sunday afternoon in the fall or to a Browns-Steelers game can surely understand this phenomenon.

On Aug. 29, 2005, everything changed for the city of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast region.

As Hurricane Katrina swept over the landscape and washed away infrastructure, life was figuratively and literally washed away as well.

Football, music, art, food and fun weren't as important in comparison to basic human necessities and survival. The images of the aftermath that are forever galvanized in our hearts were just mere tangible evidence of the destruction.

What no camera was able to capture or mouths able to articulate was the emotional and mental devastation that laid in the wake of Katrina. New Orleanians were used to getting by with less, but Katrina took away what made the people of New Orleans rich -- their self-esteem and civic pride.

Bricks and mortar were needed to rebuild the city, but it was draft picks and free agents that have rebuilt the people -- and it's the people of New Orleans that make the place so special.

The irony is the city and the people were made whole in the same building that ended up being a tomb for so many. Fans cheered the Saints to their first Super Bowl berth at the Superdome -- a place that is synonymous with one of the darkest periods in natural disaster history.

Many might ask, what's the moral of the story?

It's that we in Cleveland have gone through a lot with our beloved Browns, but what the Saints and the city of New Orleans have shown that perseverance and faith eventually will yield sweet rewards.

:idolo:

Offline brax62

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #2558 il: Febbraio 07, 2010, 01:12:25 am »
agli yankees hanno portato bene... :pliiiis: :pliiiis: :pliiiis: :pliiiis:
forza ragazzi

[youtube=425,350]RjMfUd4VKec[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]qCPOvcYejZ0[/youtube]

Offline ilberna

• Sophomore
« Risposta #2559 il: Febbraio 07, 2010, 11:05:42 pm »
 :nonnino:
porcaccia aveva .. non fate scherzi ... Manning e soci .. mandateli a fare in culo ...  :merda:
Non ho voglia di vedere la faccia di Manning sorridere ... mi sta troppo sulle palle  !!!!

Esistono tifosi che amano la propria squadra, tifosi che idolatrano la propria squadra e i tifosi dei Packers

Offline groalbe

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #2560 il: Febbraio 08, 2010, 03:49:02 am »
I miei complimenti zio ! Ve la siete meritata dall'inizio alla fine  :drinks:

Plaxico

• Visitatore
« Risposta #2561 il: Febbraio 08, 2010, 03:49:35 am »
Bella Zio!  :stillers:

Che t'aveva detto Zio Plaxico?  :stillers:

Complimenti, meritatissimo per più di un motivo. Godo con voi e con Brees che ha surclassato il Bidone 2.  :stillers:

Offline 49er

• MVP
  • Calcio: Udinese Calcio
  • MLB: San Francisco Giants
  • NCAA F: Idaho Vandals
  • NFL: San Francisco 49ers
  • NHL: New York Islanders
« Risposta #2562 il: Febbraio 08, 2010, 03:51:03 am »
breesus saves..mazinga un po meno :stillers: :yeahban: :stillers: :yeahban: :stillers: :yeahban:

Offline all3n

• Rookie
« Risposta #2563 il: Febbraio 08, 2010, 03:51:26 am »
Complimenti allo zio per la meritatissima vittoria.

Offline Keepaul

• Freshman
  • Calcio: Modena
« Risposta #2564 il: Febbraio 08, 2010, 03:56:05 am »
Bravi,complimenti ho tifato per voi!  :clap:  :drinks:  :ciaosci: