Autore Topic: THE JUNGLE - Bengalszone  (Letto 633595 volte)

Offline deltha

• Veteran
Re: THE JUNGLE - Bengalszone
« Risposta #825 il: Marzo 04, 2008, 10:29:02 am »
Questo è una bestia, vedrai... Anche se mi chiedo: ma non si era detto 3-4?!?  ??)

anche Robertson non era adatto alla 3-4   :fiu: :fiu:
infatti proprio per questo i Jets vogliono cederlo...

Offline Ocho Cinco

• MVP
  • Anubi!
    • American Football Forum
« Risposta #826 il: Marzo 04, 2008, 01:15:49 pm »
Sono molto contento dell'arrivo di Odom. Certo, giocare con Vanden Bosch e Haynesworth lo avrà anche agevolato ma questo è un grande colpo. Credo si rimarrà 4-3 e se arriva anche Robertson al draft si potrebbe veramente andare su un RB (Mc Fadden o Mandenhall).

Questi i dettagli dell'accordo, ricordando che Odom è più giovane, più economico e porta in dote il quadruplo di sacks di Smith...

Da bengals.com

Antwan Odom recorded his first sack as a Bengal Monday when he swooped in from Tennessee to give Cincinnati its first jolt in free agency.

Agent Rich Rosa confirmed the five-year deal Monday evening that borders on $30 million with more than $11 million guaranteed.

The Bengals pursued Odom so aggressively that Rosa said Odom and wife Brooke waited at the Greater Cincinnati Northern Kentucky Airport until the deal was done. The plane, bound for Phoenix and a visit with the Cardinals, left without them as the Odoms turned around to sign the deal and have dinner in Cincinnati before appearing at a 10 a.m. Tuesday news conference at Paul Brown Stadium.

"We love it here. It's a great place to raise kids," said Odom, who has four children. "I like Coach (Marvin) Lewis. He's like Coach (Jeff) Fisher. I like guys who are players' coaches and care about their players. It's a family organization."

Lewis hopes the 6-5, 274-pound Odom does for him what he did for Fisher last season. Odom rung up eight sacks in his first season as a starter and gives the Bengals another lean and athletic pass-rushing threat opposite left end Robert Geathers.

"We are very excited to add Antwan to our defense," Lewis said in a news release. "We made the defensive line a priority this offseason, and Antwan is a young player who still has a tremendous upside. He has been productive, particularly with his pass pressure last year. He is a fine addition for us."

Along wth the eight sacks, Odom had 44 tackles, led the team in quarterback pressures with 29, and tied for the front seven lead in passes defensed with seven. He played a key role in Tennessee's 16-10 playoff-clinching win on Dec. 30 at Indianapolis, sacking Jim Sorgi twice.

Odom led or tied for the team lead in sacks in five games last season. He helped preserve a 13-10 season-opening win over Jacksonville with a sack of David Garrard late in the fourth quarter.

The move appears to keep the Bengals in a 4-3 defense with Odom ticketed to replace Justin Smith at right end and it helps take the sting out of the trades for defensive tackles Shaun Rogers and Dwayne Robertson that fell through.

"I know Geathers is a good player. I came out with him in the draft," said Odom, a second-rounder out of Alabama in 2004. "I feel like I can play in any scheme. I like a 4-3. It's a good defense to stop the run and you can get to the quarterback without having to use all the blitzes. I feel like I've got a quick, fast first step."

Smith, who started there the past 107 straight games, signed with San Francisco over the weekend. With his eight sacks, the 26-year-old Odom did what Smith hasn't done since 2004 and did twice in seven years.

But Odom had some big help. Odom formed one of the NFL's more potent sack duos opposite Pro Bowler Kyle Vanden Bosch's dozen sacks in a year the Bengals finished last in the NFL in sacks per pass. Plus, Pro Bowl tackle Albert Haynesworth anchored the inside.

The Bengals are banking on the duo of Geathers, who had a career-high 10.5 sacks in 2006, and Odom to have the same kind of production while they continue to hunt for a dominating inside guy. There now appears to be a dearth of them in free agency and on the block, so the Bengals may have to turn to the draft.

Offline deltha

• Veteran
« Risposta #827 il: Marzo 04, 2008, 03:18:49 pm »

Questi i dettagli dell'accordo, ricordando che Odom è più giovane, più economico e porta in dote il quadruplo di sacks di Smith...

porta anche però in dote 1/4 dei tackles di Smith , è proprio sulla run defense che justin ci mancherà molto

Offline Ocho Cinco

• MVP
  • Anubi!
« Risposta #828 il: Marzo 04, 2008, 04:19:54 pm »
porta anche però in dote 1/4 dei tackles di Smith , è proprio sulla run defense che justin ci mancherà molto

Tranquillo Deltha, tutto è relativo al tipo di impiego che fai del DE. Io voglio vederlo come a Tennessee: i tackles li lasciamo ai LB, i DE li mandiamo a caccia di QBs. E' Smith che è stato usato alla cazzo. Il numero di tackles poi dice tutto e niente come dimostrano le cifre di Dhani Jones e Landon Johnson. Se guardi solo questo siamo l'ottava difesa nell'NFL ma contro le corse siamo sempre stati un colabrodo. Se non ti fai battere sulla linea, non hai bisogno di placcare ad esempio... Il discorso è complicato, ma fidati: Odom è un grande upgrade e poi, veramente credi che ci mancherà qualcosa della difesa dell'anno scorso?!?  ??)

Online urlacher75

• MVP
  • Urlacher Warriors Milano's owner
  • Calcio: Juventus
  • MLB: Cleveland Indians
  • NFL: Chicago Bears
  • NHL: Pittsburgh Pens
« Risposta #829 il: Marzo 04, 2008, 04:44:20 pm »
Tranquillo Deltha, tutto è relativo al tipo di impiego che fai del DE. Io voglio vederlo come a Tennessee: i tackles li lasciamo ai LB, i DE li mandiamo a caccia di QBs. E' Smith che è stato usato alla cazzo. Il numero di tackles poi dice tutto e niente come dimostrano le cifre di Dhani Jones e Landon Johnson. Se guardi solo questo siamo l'ottava difesa nell'NFL ma contro le corse siamo sempre stati un colabrodo. Se non ti fai battere sulla linea, non hai bisogno di placcare ad esempio... Il discorso è complicato, ma non fidati: Odom è un grande upgrade e poi, veramente credi che ci mancherà qualcosa della difesa dell'anno scorso?!?  ??)

Perchè?

Avevate una difesa???? :p

Offline deltha

• Veteran
« Risposta #830 il: Marzo 04, 2008, 05:20:46 pm »
Tranquillo Deltha, tutto è relativo al tipo di impiego che fai del DE. Io voglio vederlo come a Tennessee: i tackles li lasciamo ai LB, i DE li mandiamo a caccia di QBs. E' Smith che è stato usato alla cazzo. Il numero di tackles poi dice tutto e niente come dimostrano le cifre di Dhani Jones e Landon Johnson. Se guardi solo questo siamo l'ottava difesa nell'NFL ma contro le corse siamo sempre stati un colabrodo. Se non ti fai battere sulla linea, non hai bisogno di placcare ad esempio... Il discorso è complicato, ma non fidati: Odom è un grande upgrade e poi, veramente credi che ci mancherà qualcosa della difesa dell'anno scorso?!?  ??)

il tuo discorso fila , sicuramente la difesa andrà meglio rispetto all'anno scorso ma quanto meglio ?? Io ad es. Landon Jhonson non l'avrei fatto andare....mentre per Madieau Williams , quello dell'ultima stagione non lo rimpiango per nulla ma quello del suo anno rookie assolutamente si , quale sarà quello vero ???

Offline Ocho Cinco

• MVP
  • Anubi!
« Risposta #831 il: Marzo 05, 2008, 10:24:26 am »
E' bello sapere di aver contribuito a creare la leggenda di Favre.  :)

Da bengals.com

How can the retirement of Brett Favre not be celebrated without mention of someone named Kittrick Taylor and the laser touchdown pass he caught from 35 yards out as the clock ticked under 15 seconds left against the Bengals that began the Favre legend on what began as a nondescript Sept. 20, 1992 at Lambeau Field?

Bengals president Mike Brown summed it up best Tuesday.

"We gave him his first opportunity to shine, of course," Brown said in a press release. "We were leading the Packers and made the mistake of knocking Don Majkowski out of the game with an injury. Favre came off the bench and threw a couple TD passes in the fourth quarter and beat us (24-23). He started for them the next week and stayed there until now."

After one of the Bengals' own legends, nose tackle Tim Krumrie, mangled Majkowski's ankle, Favre came off the bench to throw touchdown passes to Sterling Sharpe and Taylor in a 21-point fourth quarter.

Since that day, the Bengals have had 11 different starting quarterbacks while Favre has hung in there to set all-time records for everything from touchdowns to interceptions.

Offline Ocho Cinco

• MVP
  • Anubi!
« Risposta #832 il: Marzo 05, 2008, 11:37:54 am »
Intanto rimessi a contratto Dhani Jones e Larson. Giusto così.

Mark Carmutte su cincinnati.com

The Bengals today signed punter Kyle Larson to a five-year contract and linebacker Dhani Jones to a three-year deal.

Larson has been the Bengals starting punter for four seasons, and has averaged 42.8 yards a punt during his career.

"I set goals at the start of every season, and I want to just keep getting better every year," Larson said in a statement. "Cincinnati has been so good to me and my wife, I feel very fortunate to be staying here and getting the chance to keep playing in front of our fans."

Agent Rob Roche said Larson "is very happy deal. He's had a great four years with the Bengals. He's looking forward to another great five."

Jones started playing for the Bengals in 2007, making nine starts at outside linebacker. He ranked second in the team in tackles (111), and tied for the team lead in forced fumbles (two).

"Dhani did a good job, on and off the field, as a leader," Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said. "He had been a starting player for a long time in the NFL, but he was willing to come in and accept whatever role was given to him. He had a quick ‘training camp’ for a few games, and soon he was one of our core players."

Offline Ocho Cinco

• MVP
  • Anubi!
« Risposta #833 il: Marzo 05, 2008, 12:55:47 pm »
Ho visto la conferenza stampa organizzata per la presentazione di Odom. Se il buon giorno si vede dal mattino...

Il ragazzone è cresciuto nel sud dell'Alabama, in una povera famiglia che si guadagnava il pane grazie ad una barca per la pesca dei gamberi. Lui adora ancora pescare ed ama cucinare, in particolare i gamberi.  :shok:
Poco dopo si confonde e chiama Houshmandzadeh Muhsin Muhammad...  ??)
E allora è ufficiale, abbiamo preso Bubba!!!   ;D

Cristo...  :'(

Offline Jack The Sack

• MVP
  • LA pearà
« Risposta #834 il: Marzo 05, 2008, 01:26:39 pm »
Ho visto la conferenza stampa organizzata per la presentazione di Odom. Se il buon giorno si vede dal mattino...

Il ragazzone è cresciuto nel sud dell'Alabama, in una povera famiglia che si guadagnava il pane grazie ad una barca per la pesca dei gamberi. Lui adora ancora pescare ed ama cucinare, in particolare i gamberi.  :shok:
Poco dopo si confonde e chiama Houshmandzadeh Muhsin Muhammad...  ??)
E allora è ufficiale, abbiamo preso Bubba!!!   ;D

Cristo...  :'(

infatti vi chiamate bengals

se volevate mosé dovevate chiamarvi cincinnati palestins

Perchè?

Avevate una difesa???? :p

perché non rispondete? dai che siamo curiosi
... poi subentrerà Kaepernick e metteranno allo stadio la musichetta di Bennie Hill ... :colz:
Citazione
"For some, being a real fan is about loyalty. It's about suffering. It's the legacy of a Cubs fan who's gone 102 years without a championship."
Citazione
“Well the thing I’ve learned this week, and as we’ve all known for a very long time, if it’s on the internet, it’s true" (Jim Harbaugh)

Online urlacher75

• MVP
  • Urlacher Warriors Milano's owner
  • Calcio: Juventus
  • MLB: Cleveland Indians
  • NFL: Chicago Bears
  • NHL: Pittsburgh Pens
« Risposta #835 il: Marzo 05, 2008, 01:29:32 pm »

Guarda che poi ti chiedono se avete il qb.....a noi evitano perchè la risposta è ovvia....

Offline Ocho Cinco

• MVP
  • Anubi!
« Risposta #836 il: Marzo 05, 2008, 01:31:55 pm »

Questo dovrebbe far ridere? Sinceramente, non capisco...  ??)

Perchè della difesa dei Bengals ne ho già parlato abbondantemente...

Offline deltha

• Veteran
« Risposta #837 il: Marzo 05, 2008, 04:17:21 pm »
Guarda che poi ti chiedono se avete il qb.....a noi evitano perchè la risposta è ovvia....

a lui dovremmo chiedere se hanno una squadra  :fiu: :fiu:

Offline Ocho Cinco

• MVP
  • Anubi!
« Risposta #838 il: Marzo 05, 2008, 04:42:08 pm »
a lui dovremmo chiedere se hanno una squadra  :fiu: :fiu:

Beh Deltha, la squadra la hanno eccome: è quella che ci ha inculato in due Super Bowl e che ci ha legnato pure quest'anno...  :(

Offline torrisone

• Hall of Famer
    • Effetto Terra
« Risposta #839 il: Marzo 05, 2008, 06:01:52 pm »
Beh Deltha, la squadra la hanno eccome: è quella che ci ha inculato in due Super Bowl e che ci ha legnato pure quest'anno...  :(

...sì ma vediamo di tornarci al SB (o magari anche sentirne l'odore) e poi ne parliamo.  :(
La partita di quest'anno alla 16° era proprio tristetristetriste...

"...quando tifi per una squadra e per vederne gli "highlights" e i "great moments" ti servono le videocassette e non i dvd... bene ma non benissimo..." - Torrisone, op. cit.
I once told a player we would sign him for a $500 bonus. His answer was, and I quote: “Well, I only have about $100 now, but I can get you the rest in about a week.” “No,” I answered, “We pay you.”