Autore Topic: New York Giants, the blue corner  (Letto 229543 volte)

Offline stepmarbury3

• Pro Bowler
Re: New York Giants Bye Bye back to back
« Risposta #780 il: Febbraio 14, 2009, 12:14:59 am »
da 6.6milioni questo significa che nel 2010 molto probabilmente andrà via

Offline zukkkk

• Heisman
  • Let's go G-Men!!
« Risposta #781 il: Febbraio 24, 2009, 11:06:46 pm »
EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - He missed his teammates, the camaraderie, putting on his Giants jersey, competing in games and even working in practice. But Osi Umenyiora longed for one aspect of football more than any other during his forced exile from the game in 2008.

DE Osi Umenyiora can't wait to get back on the field this year after missing all of 2008
“Sacks, man. There is nothing like sacks, absolutely nothing like it,” Umenyiora said this weekend. “The feeling of closing in on that quarterback, I definitely miss that. It was hard. It was very, very hard. It was very, very difficult.”

Umenyiora is working to get back on the field so he can resume terrorizing quarterbacks next season. His 2008 campaign ended before it really began, with a torn lateral meniscus in his left knee suffered in an Aug. 23 preseason game against the Jets. The injury required surgery and an extensive rehabilitation that continues today.

“They (the team’s medical staff) are saying it is at about 80 percent,” Umenyiora said. “It is kind of hard to get that extra 20. I have been 80 percent for the last two – three months now.

“It is supposed to be an eight month recovery period. They said it is eight months, so at six months basically I think I am a little bit ahead of where I am supposed to be as far as what the manual says. I am very, very patient. That is just the way I am. I want to be further ahead, I want to be doing everything right now, but I don’t think it is smart for me to be doing everything right now.”

Osi sta guarendo, lo vogliamo piú cattivo che mai il prossimo anno!

"...agh agh..agh..fuori tempo massimo..guarda guarda ..facciamo pi
pirlo.. guarda cosa fa..ahvìa..ha lalucidhia dheh..la lalucidhia dheh
di vedere Rossi in mezzo all'area..poi..poi..pooi ci vuol la qualità
anche (silenzio)..interviene l'altro..tocca di
siniiistro..lui..inconclude di destro..noh eh..dheehh..DE rossi..pperò
...tutti vanno a abbracciare PPirlo..."

Offline Piergiu74

• MVP
« Risposta #782 il: Febbraio 28, 2009, 09:42:22 am »
Big Blue has needs, but free-agent crop not very enticing

This year's free agency period is only hours away and armchair quarterbacks all over the country are pointing to the Giants and saying two things: linebacker and wide receiver.

I agree, but who in this year's free-agent class can fill those needs for the best team in the NFC?

Not many, and that is why general manager Jerry Reese is intimating that the Giants may just try their luck in the upcoming draft rather than overpay for mediocre players.

Here is how things look like right now in East Rutherford.

Wide Receiver

Plaxico Burress has an appearance in front of a New York judge on March 31.

Enough time has lapsed for the legal system and the public to absorb Burress' ridiculous behavior. Whether that equates to leniency, remains to be seen.

Regardless of the outcome, Burress will probably be lost for 2009, because New York City's Mayor Mike Bloomberg has called for jail time and Roger Goodell would suspend Burress should he be set free.

The Giants also are cutting ties with 13 year veteran Amani Toomer. 

That leaves the starters as Domenik Hixon and Steve Smith. That's not good enough to cut it, especially since Eli Manning is so erratic. They have recent draftees Mario Manningham and Sinorice Moss, but neither has shown the ability to step up. They do also have an interesting project in 6'6'' Micah Rucker, but he's a longshot at best.

Options

Forget Anquan Boldin. The Cardinals are asking way too much for him. No player is worth that. Not in the NFL.

T.J. Houshmandzadeh is another option, but his price will be somewhere about $9-10 million per season. That is also not a bargain. You can forget the rest of the field. They are no better than what the Giants already have.

Solution

There are plenty of WRs in this draft, but look for the Giants to go with size and ability rather than speed.  They already have several short receivers that can run.

They need a substitute for Plaxico. Darius Heywood-Bey of Maryland was on their list before his monster combine. Now, he'll be gone before the Giants pick at No. 26.

Reese has nine draft picks—including two second rounders—and he may use them in several ways.  He could trade up and grab Heywood-Bey or just wait his turn and take who's left.  Either way, he'll get the player he wants.

Linebacker

Options

The past several years, the Giants targeted their secondary and the defensive line. Last season, they drafted two LBs, Jonathan Goff of Vanderbilt and Bryan Kehl of BYU. They still want to give them an opportunity to break into the lineup.

That being said, they will take a quick look at Bart Scott (and some others) in free agency, but he is probably going to be costly.

Solution

Depending on how the WR situation works out, Reese will be looking at the group of talented LBs in the draft with one of his top three choices. Rumors have it that the club likes the USC guys, Brian Cushing and Ray Maualuga.

Don't fret. This team will be just fine. For the moment, they will ponder whether to resign running back Derrick Ward. After that, they will get the WR they want and they will get that LB as well.  Reese will see to that.

Offline Piergiu74

• MVP
« Risposta #783 il: Febbraio 28, 2009, 09:45:01 am »
Intanto spunta fuori questo nome fra i possibili wr draftabili... :mmm2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWMavePTe-M

Offline Chillout

• Heisman
  • Member of the Official Micheal Turner Fans' Club
« Risposta #784 il: Febbraio 28, 2009, 10:43:16 am »
The NFL Network reports the New York Giants have agreed in principle on a five-year contract with free-agent LB Michael Boley (ex-Falcons). Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Offline zukkkk

• Heisman
  • Let's go G-Men!!
« Risposta #785 il: Marzo 03, 2009, 11:57:00 am »
RB Ward agrees to terms with Bucs
Posted: March 2nd, 2009 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Derrick Ward, Free Agency 2009, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Running back Derrick Ward has agreed to terms with Tampa Bay on a four-year contract worth $17 million. Ward will make $6 million in guarantees in the first year, $9.25 million over two years, and $13 million over three years.
 :plaxico:

"...agh agh..agh..fuori tempo massimo..guarda guarda ..facciamo pi
pirlo.. guarda cosa fa..ahvìa..ha lalucidhia dheh..la lalucidhia dheh
di vedere Rossi in mezzo all'area..poi..poi..pooi ci vuol la qualità
anche (silenzio)..interviene l'altro..tocca di
siniiistro..lui..inconclude di destro..noh eh..dheehh..DE rossi..pperò
...tutti vanno a abbracciare PPirlo..."

Offline Piergiu74

• MVP
« Risposta #786 il: Marzo 03, 2009, 02:55:03 pm »
Era ovvio...ricordo che Bradshaw è un signor runner e ha pure più potenziale.
Lieto per i Bucs anche se orfani di Gruden.

Offline Marino

• Moderatore della sezione
  • Hall of Famer
  • Calcio: INTER
  • MLB: CHICAGO CUBS
  • NBA: MIAMI HEAT
  • NCAA F: FLORIDA GATORS
  • NFL: MIAMI DOLPHINS
  • NHL: VANCOUVER CANUCKS
« Risposta #787 il: Marzo 03, 2009, 02:59:20 pm »
Era ovvio...ricordo che Bradshaw è un signor runner e ha pure più potenziale.
Lieto per i Bucs anche se orfani di Gruden.

Parecchi avevano ipotizzato che uno tra Jacobs e Ward sarebbe andato via.Credo che Ward risolverà parecchi problemi a Tampa.

Offline Danny_Romo

• Heisman
  • Hire Cowher !
« Risposta #788 il: Marzo 08, 2009, 04:48:38 pm »
Sono certo che queste mie parole saranno fatali, ma non sono scaramantico e vi dico che avete "regalato" una barca di soldi a Canty, il quale ne vale forse un quarto!
Poi magari con la 4-3 si trovera meglio, però a Dallas era davvero imbarazzante....
FREE PLAXICO !!!

Offline Piergiu74

• MVP
« Risposta #789 il: Marzo 13, 2009, 05:44:00 pm »
Alla luce delle positive, a detta dei critici, mosse nella free agency, direi che il nostro first rounder sarà probabilmente un wr, anche se gli ultimi mock danno alti alcuni giocatori di difesa che forse nn si potrebbero lasciar andare.

Offline Piergiu74

• MVP
« Risposta #790 il: Marzo 17, 2009, 04:56:47 pm »
Nobody in the NFC was better last season than the Giants, but nobody in the NFC was worse in the playoffs. The team that was supposed to repeat as Super Bowl champion fizzled down the stretch, losing three of its final four games before bombing out against Philadelphia.

With Osi Umenyiora returning to join prime new talent, the Giants should be scary on defense. (Getty Images)   
The Eagles beat them two out of three times, and that's a problem because they share a division. The Giants won the NFC East -- not the Eagles -- but it was Philadelphia that was the last team standing. That means the Eagles are the team to target for the rest of the division.

The question with the Giants, of course, is what the future holds for troubled wide receiver Plaxico Burress, and we won't have an answer before he goes to court in April. In the meantime, the club is divided in loyalties, with players and the front office supporting his return, and the head coach against it. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, the Giants have been busy shoring up their defense for another run at the top, and nobody did a better job in free agency. Not only will they have Michael Boley, Rocky Bernard and Chris Canty to add to their front seven, but pass-rusher extraordinaire Osi Umenyiora is back. That will present problems galore for opposing offenses and the rest of the NFC. Don't say you weren't warned, Andy Reid.

QB: Eli Manning hasn't missed a start since stepping in halfway through his rookie season, and he hasn't missed the playoffs the past four years. David Carr is a suitable backup, but he won't play as long as Manning is winning ... which means he won't play.

RB: A year ago the Giants had two backs rush for 1,000 yards, but that group was cut in half when Derrick Ward left for Tampa Bay. No problem. There is leading scorer Brandon Jacobs as well as backup Ahmad Bradshaw, whom the Giants value.

N.Y. Giants Draft Needs 
POS  Meter  Description 
QB     
 Not at all 
RB     
 Needs depth 
WR     
 Biggest need 
TE     
 Needs starter 
OL     
 Needs depth 
DL     
 Not at all 
LB     
 Needs starter 
DB     
 Needs depth 

WR: Your guess is as good as mine as to what will happen with Burress. All I know is the team wasn't the same without him, and Manning suffered. No Burress means no go-to target and no red-zone threat. Amani Toomer is gone, Steve Smith is a no. 2 receiver and nobody knows what to expect from Mario Manningham.

TE: Kevin Boss is not as talented as Jeremy Shockey, but he is more reliable. He plays more games, runs better routes and he knows how to find the end zone. Boss had six touchdowns last season; Shockey had none. Still, the Giants could use a blocker at this position.

OL: The Giants' offensive line gets a lot of credit for the team's success, but I know people who think it's overrated -- saying it's good, just not great. Reggie McKenzie is winding down at right tackle, while Dave Diehl is adequate at left tackle. It's time to start looking for generation next, people.

DL: There is not a better collection of defensive-line talent anywhere: Umenyiora, Justin Tuck, Mathias Kiwanuka, Rocky Bernard, Chris Canty, Fred Robbins, Barry Cofield. Whew. Not only is there talent; there is depth. Look for the Giants to rotate these guys to keep them fresh and effective.

LB: This became an area of need last year after Kiwanuka left to replace Umenyiora at defensive end. Now, he's on the defensive line for good, and the newly acquired Boley takes over at one outside position. Antonio Pierce is decent inside, but his play declined dramatically near the end of last season.

DB: James Butler is gone, but there's no need to dial 911. The Giants have last year's first-round pick, Kenny Phillips, waiting to step in and signed C.C. Brown from Houston. They can use depth here but seem set with their starters.

Offline Bears54

• Idolo delle folle
  • NBA: Chicago Bulls
  • NFL: Chicago Bears
  • NHL: Chicago Blackhawks
VICENZA CORSAIRS OWNER & GM - MADDEN 12 Season 1 JIM MADDEN LEAGUE SUPERBOWL CHAMPION

“People ask me if I could fly, I said, "yeah.... for a little while."” Michael J. Jordan

Offline Bears54

• Idolo delle folle
  • NBA: Chicago Bulls
  • NFL: Chicago Bears
  • NHL: Chicago Blackhawks
« Risposta #792 il: Aprile 03, 2009, 09:27:47 pm »
Breaking News
Giants release Burress

The New York Giants announced Friday that they have released veteran wide receiver Plaxico Burress  :goodboy:
VICENZA CORSAIRS OWNER & GM - MADDEN 12 Season 1 JIM MADDEN LEAGUE SUPERBOWL CHAMPION

“People ask me if I could fly, I said, "yeah.... for a little while."” Michael J. Jordan

Offline belegurth

• Veteran
  • Calcio: AC Milan
  • NBA: Boston Celtics
  • NFL: New England Patriots
« Risposta #793 il: Aprile 04, 2009, 12:07:20 pm »
Breaking News
Giants release Burress

The New York Giants announced Friday that they have released veteran wide receiver Plaxico Burress  :goodboy:

:buff:  :o  :buff:  :o

e per quale motivo?

Offline RiniLuca

• Pro Bowler
« Risposta #794 il: Aprile 04, 2009, 12:35:25 pm »
:buff:  :o  :buff:  :o

e per quale motivo?

perchè ce l'ho io nella dinasty  :(
Questo avatar è un apprezzamento verso il film "American History X" e la mia personale idealizzazione del poco-compianto Cobain, non rappresenta in alcun modo la mia idea politica o una passione omo per Edward Norton