Autore Topic: The Dirty Birds are back!  (Letto 114720 volte)

Offline paco

• Rookie
Re: The Dirty Birds are back!
« Risposta #480 il: Marzo 18, 2009, 01:05:19 pm »
LJ Smith verso i Ravens... Forza ragazzi che il receiving TE ce lo si prende al draft!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4JMH49AP04&feature=related
Citazione
(parlando di Alex Smith)...non è scarso, è allenato male.. Ma ti pare che possa allenarlo uno come quello? Questo è un ex linebacker ed in difesa, si sa, eccelli se uccidi chi ti sta intorno. Questo ha più commozioni celebrali che neuroni, onestamente, che cazzo può insegnare a Smith che già di suo è un coglione? E poi onestamente... A te sembra normale? Ma l'hai visto? Ha lo sguardo come i merluzzi sul banco frigo della pescheria...

You'll see me on TV, Any Given Sunday, win a Superbowl and drive off on a Hyundai - Trained by Groalbe

Offline Chillout

• Heisman
  • Member of the Official Micheal Turner Fans' Club
« Risposta #481 il: Marzo 20, 2009, 09:01:58 pm »
LJ Smith verso i Ravens... Forza ragazzi che il receiving TE ce lo si prende al draft!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4JMH49AP04&feature=related

Pare proprio di sì, visto che LJ Smith ha firmato con Baltimore...

Offline Chillout

• Heisman
« Risposta #482 il: Marzo 21, 2009, 09:12:45 pm »
Questi sono tutti i giocatori per cui i Falcons hanno già fatto o fissato workouts privati:

Falcons interested in working out Barwin
Ed Thompson, of Scout.com, reports the Atlanta Falcons have expressed interest in setting up a private workout with University of Cincinnati DE Connor Barwin.
http://www.kffl.com/team/7/NFL

Sintim works out for the Falcons

Scout.com's Chris Steuber is reporting that Virginia LB Clint Sintim recently was in Flowery Branch to take part in a private workout for the Atlanta Falcons scouts and coaches. The talented linebacker had an outstanding career for the Cavaliers and it looks like he's positioned himself to be selected sometime in the second round in next month's NFL Draft.
http://atl.scout.com/a.z?s=122&p=2&c=848131&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http:/%2fatl.scout.com%2f2%2f848131.html

Michael Johnson to visit 4 teams

Georgia Tech DE Michael Johnson, a potential first-round draft pick, has set up private workouts/visits with the Atlanta Falcons, Washington Redskins, Cleveland Browns and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, according to a league source. Johnson is scheduled to visit the Buccaneers on April 2, the Redskins on April 4, the Browns on April 8 and the Falcons on Monday. At 6-foot-6, 266 pounds, Johnson is a tall, lanky pass rusher who registered nine sacks and 17 1/2 tackles for losses last season and was named All-Atlantic Coast Conference. He was a finalist for the Bednarik and Hendricks awards.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/13/michael-johnson-to-visit-four-teams/

Clemons has had multiple private workouts with the Atlanta Falcons
Prolific Clemson University FS Chris Clemons might be one of the fastest-rising prospects leading up to the 2009 draft. One league source indicated that the 6', 208 pound native of Arcadia, Florida has really open eyes with his 40 times. Multiple scouts have clocked him between 4.37 and 4.38 in private workouts and, according to our numbers, he ran a 4.39 and 4.40 at the most recent N.F.L. combine. Clemons has had multiple private workouts with the Atlanta Falcons (DB coach) and most recently displayed his skills for the New England Patriots (DB coach and def coor). In addition, Philadelphia and New Orleans, who have a strong need for depth at safety, have set up private workouts with Chris. An anonymous scout reportedly told one of our sources: "His film work doesn't lie, he has positioned himself as a day one safety". The scout went on to mention that Clemons might be drafted much higher than most are currently expecting.
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/14003065

Matthews schedules Falcons workout

Scout.com's Ed Thompson has learned that USC LB Clay Matthews will visit the Atlanta Falcons after USC's Pro Day on April 1st. The gifted linebacker has been one of the fastest risers on draft boards and he's positioned himself to possibly be taken at the end of the first round. Read on to find out more...
http://atl.scout.com/a.z?s=122&p=2&c=846989&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http://atl.scout

Questi sono i giocatori con cui i Falcons hanno avuto un colloqio o dei quali hanno mostrato interesse:

At the NFL Combine in Indianapolis, Ind. CB Asher Allen ran the 40-yard dash in 4.7 seconds. This time, on the same artificial turf surface, Allen ran a 4.33. Atlanta Falcons GM Thomas Dimitrov was apparently impressed. Dimitroff was seen talking to Allen for some time after his 40-yard effort.
http://life.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=3838327

For Oklahoma S/LB Nic Harris, the Falcons' interest goes back a ways -- Atlanta looked at him at the Senior Bowl and the Combine, and the reason should be fairly easy to discern -- at 6-2 7/8 and 232 pounds and converting to weakside linebacker at the NFL level, Harris could be Michael Boley the Second. At his Pro Day. Harris ran two 4.83 40-yard dashes, a 4.23 short shuttle, and a 7.0 three-cone drill. He's seen by many as a "tweener", but it's tough to argue with the versatility of a guy who's played cornerback, free safety, strong safety, middle linebacker and special teams for the Sooners.
http://life.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?s...p;#entry4548608

He wore the number 45 at Missouri and he took a backseat to the likes of Chase Daniel and Jeremy Maclin, but no tight end over the past few seasons has been as productive as TE Chase Coffman and one of the teams that showed plenty of interest at the combine is the Atlanta Falcons who Scout.com's Ed Thompson reports had a formal interview with the pass-catching tight end while they were in Indy...
http://atl.scout.com/a.z?s=122&p=2&amp...2%2f845585.html

During his press conference at the NFL Scouting Combine Sunday, Feb. 22, Alabama S Rashad Johnson measured a height of 5-foot-11 and a weight of 203 pounds. He said he had talked with the Atlanta Falcons, the Chicago Bears, the San Diego Chargers, the Cleveland Browns and the Cincinnati Bengals so far.
http://www.kffl.com/player/21123/NFL

INDIANAPOLIS alias THE NORTH POLE – The NFL scouting combine kicked off in earnest today with the several team executives — including Falcons head coach Mike Smith – addressing the media. The offensive linemen, special teamers and tight ends are flowing throw the media room to do interviews.
Georgia Tech OT Andrew Gardner and South Carolina TE Jared Cook have been through. Just got done talking with TE Brandon Pettigrew, Oklahoma State’s stud tight end. Nice kid. He’s already spent 15 minutes with the Falcons last night. Gardner interviewed with the Falcons, too and Cook is set to visit with them later.
http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-blog/2009/02/19/falcons-talk-to-pettigrew-and-gardner/

Ohio State LB James Lauranaitis told Sirius NFL radio hosts Adam Schein and Soloman Wilcots that of all the interviews he had at the combine, the Atlanta Falcons stuck out in his mind...Laurinaitis said that Arthur Blank was the only owner that he met with at the combine.
http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/als09scoop.html

University of Missouri S William Moore said during his NFL Scouting Combine interview that he has talked with the Atlanta Falcons. NFL scouts realize Moore was playing hurt in '08, and that will be factored into their evaluations. "You give him an 'A' for effort in playing hurt," said a veteran NFC personnel executive, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "And that's why you always go back and look at their junior and senior year, because that gives you the full body of work of what they're doing. A healthy William Moore is a **** of a football player." Moore, who has garnered some early interest from New Orleans and Atlanta here in Mobile, says he has studied teams that need safeties, and teams that have aging safeties.
http://www.kffl.com/team/7/NFL

Nfldraftcountdown reported that Atlanta talked to S Louis Delmas at the Senior Bowl:
January 21, 2009 - Senior Bowl - Player / Team Observations

Scusate per la lunghezza del post... :blabla2:

Offline paco

• Rookie
« Risposta #483 il: Marzo 23, 2009, 01:14:17 pm »
Mi piacciono molto Clemons, Moore, Matthews e Lauranaitis... Oltre che ai due TE Coffman (più utile alla causa) e Pettigrew (tra i Top 5 offensivi a livello di talento)...
Il mercato FA dei Birds pare chiuso a sto punto....
Citazione
(parlando di Alex Smith)...non è scarso, è allenato male.. Ma ti pare che possa allenarlo uno come quello? Questo è un ex linebacker ed in difesa, si sa, eccelli se uccidi chi ti sta intorno. Questo ha più commozioni celebrali che neuroni, onestamente, che cazzo può insegnare a Smith che già di suo è un coglione? E poi onestamente... A te sembra normale? Ma l'hai visto? Ha lo sguardo come i merluzzi sul banco frigo della pescheria...

You'll see me on TV, Any Given Sunday, win a Superbowl and drive off on a Hyundai - Trained by Groalbe

Offline Chillout

• Heisman
« Risposta #484 il: Aprile 01, 2009, 10:22:06 pm »
Buone notizie sul fronte Vick: pare che si stia cercando un accordo che porterebbe Vick a restituire il bonus 2008  (6,5 M. di $, che andrebbero a scalare dal salary cap) in cambio del taglio del giocatore da parte dei Falcons.

Qui la notizia completa: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f87b42&template=without-video&confirm=true

Offline paco

• Rookie
« Risposta #485 il: Aprile 02, 2009, 11:54:27 am »
Mi era sfuggito che sarebbero andati a scalare nel cap... A quel punto avremo altro spazio per l'adeguamento a Roddy o lo si sfrutterebbe subito con una presa in FA (anche se i nomi utili sono pochini)?
Citazione

Offline Chillout

• Heisman
« Risposta #486 il: Aprile 04, 2009, 09:17:04 pm »
Questo è l'elenco dei giocatori che hanno fatto o andranno a fare dei workout privati con i Falcons:

TE Chase Coffman, Missouri
TE Jared Cook, South Carolina
TE Brandon Pettigrew, Oklahoma State
TE Ryan Purvis, Boston College (March 13)
OT Phil Loadholt, Oklahoma
OG/OT T.J. Lang, Eastern Michigan
OC Antoine Caldwell, Alabama
OC Jon Cooper, Oklahoma
OC Eric Wood, Louisville
DE Connor Barwin, Cincinnati
DE Julius Williams, Connecticut (April 16)
DT Evander Hood, Missouri (March 30)
LB Clay Matthews, USC (April 2)
LB Rey Maualuga, USC (April 4)
LB Clint Sintim, Virginia
CB Asher Allen, Georgia
CB Darius Butler, Connecticut
CB Bradley Fletcher, Iowa
CB Chris Owens, San Jose State (April 5)
CB Alphonso Smith, Wake Forest
CB/S Sherrod Martin, Troy
S Patrick Chung, Oregon
S Louis Delmas, Western Michigan (April 10)
S De'Mon Glanton, Mississippi State (April 16)
S Courtney Greene, Rutgers (March 28)
S William Moore, Missouri (April 3-5?)

La prima scelta dovrebbe uscire tra questi...

Offline Marino

• Moderatore della sezione
  • Hall of Famer
  • Calcio: INTER
  • MLB: CHICAGO CUBS
  • NBA: MIAMI HEAT
  • NCAA F: FLORIDA GATORS
  • NFL: MIAMI DOLPHINS
  • NHL: VANCOUVER CANUCKS
« Risposta #487 il: Aprile 05, 2009, 10:55:41 am »
L.DELMAS......Prima scelta.....

Offline paco

• Rookie
« Risposta #488 il: Aprile 06, 2009, 01:08:43 pm »
Io penso Matthews solo perchè non arriverà Pettigrew fino alla 24...
Citazione

Offline Marino

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #489 il: Aprile 06, 2009, 08:13:06 pm »
Io penso Matthews solo perchè non arriverà Pettigrew fino alla 24...

...però se la memoria non mi inganna, a parte Buffalo non rammento altre franchigie con primario obiettivo un TE.....e se alla fine dovessero i Bills optare per MAYBIN, Pettigrew potrebbe essere vostro....

comunque solo per la cronaca ecco i needs di Atlanta secondo il sito NFL:

DT-S-TE-OL-CB

Bye

Offline paco

• Rookie
« Risposta #490 il: Aprile 07, 2009, 09:43:51 am »
...però se la memoria non mi inganna, a parte Buffalo non rammento altre franchigie con primario obiettivo un TE.....e se alla fine dovessero i Bills optare per MAYBIN, Pettigrew potrebbe essere vostro....

Concordo....
Ma in qualche mock l'ho visto appena sopra (a Phila giusto per citarne una... Dopo aver perso LJ Smith o puntano su Celek o vanno su Pet)...
Pur pensando che sia un talento mostruoso io preferirei andare su un OLB e poi quoto Cofmann al secondo.... Ma se è libero ciò che è più vicino (e la sparo grossa) a Gates da un po di tempo a questa parte che si fa? Ci si passa sopra? In fondo il draft difensivamente è profondo....
Una curiosità: su nfl.com al mock 5.0 danno Vontae Davis (CB)... è necessario spendere una prima per un CB giovane (ammetto di non conoscerlo) quando qualcosa di libero c'è in FA...?
Citazione

Offline Marino

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #491 il: Aprile 07, 2009, 03:20:23 pm »
Concordo....
Ma in qualche mock l'ho visto appena sopra (a Phila giusto per citarne una... Dopo aver perso LJ Smith o puntano su Celek o vanno su Pet)...
Pur pensando che sia un talento mostruoso io preferirei andare su un OLB e poi quoto Cofmann al secondo.... Ma se è libero ciò che è più vicino (e la sparo grossa) a Gates da un po di tempo a questa parte che si fa? Ci si passa sopra? In fondo il draft difensivamente è profondo....
Una curiosità: su nfl.com al mock 5.0 danno Vontae Davis (CB)... è necessario spendere una prima per un CB giovane (ammetto di non conoscerlo) quando qualcosa di libero c'è in FA...?

Non credo che Phila vi soffi Pettigrew, un po'perché credo nella crescita di Celek, e poi perché credo che abbiano altre esigenze, vedi aggiustatina OL e un RB, che possa affiancarsi a Westbrook, considerando che quest'ultimo in RS è risultato per molti tempo anche il loro miglior WR(NON E' MICA SUPERMAN!!!), sul linebacker ad Atlanta non ci credo, penso che nei primi tre giri i Falcons abbiano esigenze come quelle riportate dal sito NFL:

DT-S-TE

Io credo che Maybin, se ancora libero e in alternativa DELMAS possano fare al caso vostro....a meno che Pettigrew non sia ancora in circolazione ed allora potrebbe cambiare tutto....

Offline paco

• Rookie
« Risposta #492 il: Aprile 10, 2009, 11:33:16 am »
Davis nel mock draft 3.0 su nfl.com definisce Pettigrew = Crumpler jr. e ce lo da alla 24... A me ricorda forse un po più Gates...
Citazione

Offline deltha

• Veteran
« Risposta #493 il: Aprile 14, 2009, 06:34:56 pm »

che ne pensate ?? vi piacerebbe ???

Tony Gonzalez likely headed to Falcons? 

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi believes that there's an "80-85 percent chance" that Tony Gonzalez will be dealt to the Falcons this offseason.

It sounds like they are getting closer. Lombardi says Gonzo has already cleared his Chiefs locker in anticipation of a deal. Lombardi says that if Kansas City can get Atlanta's second-round pick, No. 55 overall, they will do the deal. Gonzo recently turned 33, but obviously can still play. He caught 96 passes for 1,058 yards (11.0 YPC) and 10 touchdowns in 2008. Apr. 13 - 7:19 pm et

Offline Chillout

• Heisman
« Risposta #494 il: Aprile 14, 2009, 06:52:45 pm »
che ne pensate ?? vi piacerebbe ???

Tony Gonzalez likely headed to Falcons? 

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi believes that there's an "80-85 percent chance" that Tony Gonzalez will be dealt to the Falcons this offseason.

It sounds like they are getting closer. Lombardi says Gonzo has already cleared his Chiefs locker in anticipation of a deal. Lombardi says that if Kansas City can get Atlanta's second-round pick, No. 55 overall, they will do the deal. Gonzo recently turned 33, but obviously can still play. He caught 96 passes for 1,058 yards (11.0 YPC) and 10 touchdowns in 2008. Apr. 13 - 7:19 pm et

Certo, ma non per una seconda scelta! Quanti anni avrà ancora davanti, un paio al massimo?
Per una 4a scelta magari sì...

Io credo non si farà nulla, coach e GM stanno insistendo da mesi con il ritornello che recita: "costruire con il draft". Poi cedono una 2a scelta per un 33enne? Sarebbe quantomeno incoerente, nonostante l'indubbia caratura del giocatore in questione.