Autore Topic: Go Phins!!  (Letto 272080 volte)

Huey

• Visitatore
Re: Go Phins!!
« Risposta #390 il: Gennaio 16, 2008, 05:48:19 pm »
Tranquilli se sarà come Camero al massimo gli sparano.....

ah tanto ormai con cameron abbiamo toccato il fondo. peggio di così non penso si possa fare...  :papa:

Offline dolfanitalia

• Sophomore
    • Dol Fan Italia
« Risposta #391 il: Gennaio 16, 2008, 07:05:53 pm »
LOS MIAMI TUNAS SEMMAI!!! AHAHHA

Tony Sparano Head Coach dei Miami Dolphins : E' ufficiale! Ce' stato l'accordo e la firma sul contratto tra i Dolphins e Tony Sparano e cosi' sara' lui l'ottavo allenatore della franchigia. Dopo Wilson, Shula, Johnson, Wanndsted, Bates, Saban, Cameron e' arrivata l'ora di Sparano ex allenatore della lina di attacco dei Dallas Cowboys. Il suo nome era gia' nell'aria da quando si erano insediati da noi prima sulla poltrono di Vice Presidente alle Football Operation Bill Parcelles e dopo su quella del General Manager Jeff Ireland con i quali Sparano aveva gia' lavorato proprio a Dallas per i Cowboys. I Miami Dolphins a questo punto devono continuare l'opera di recrutinamento per quel che riguarda di quasi tutti gli assistenti di reparto e prepararsi per il prossimo draft di Aprile 2008. Tony Sparano, vanta una trascorso di allenatore di 24 anni, ben 9 ai massimi livelli nella NFL. L'ultimo suo incarico e' stato quello per 5 anni con i Dallas Cowboys, raggiungendo i playoff 3 volte. La sua e' stata una escalation e in passato ha coperto gli incarichi di tight ends coach, offensive line/running game coordinator, assistant head coach/offensive line/running game coordinator, e poi assistant head coach/offensive line. Al debutto nella NFL Sparano era l' offensive quality control coach dei Cleveland Browns nel 1999, l'anno seguente offensive line coach. Poi con i Washington Redskins nel 2001, come tight ends coach. Stesso ruolo con i Jacksonville Jaguars nel 2002. Nella NCAA Sparano e' stato head coach per la University of New Haven dal 1994-98, aggiudicandosi il New York Metropolitan Football Writers Division II Coach of the Year(97) e il New England Football Writers Division II/III Coach of the Year sia nel 1995 che nel 1997

Offline tukos

• Heisman
« Risposta #392 il: Gennaio 16, 2008, 09:10:19 pm »
ma che sensa ha avuto la rivoluzione 2007 ?

Offline brnmax

• Sophomore
« Risposta #393 il: Gennaio 17, 2008, 02:30:23 am »
Questa volta credo si possa dare fiducia al progetto...gli uomni in questione penso non abbiano bisogno di presentazione....

Huey

• Visitatore
« Risposta #394 il: Gennaio 17, 2008, 11:58:15 am »

io ormai non credo a rinascite sulla carta neanche se arriva belichick.
voglio i fatti.

Offline dolfanitalia

• Sophomore
    • Dol Fan Italia
« Risposta #395 il: Gennaio 17, 2008, 10:54:08 pm »
ma che sensa ha avuto la rivoluzione 2007 ?

Nessuna! e' il solito modo dispotico di fare del Tonno.
Vuole lavorare solo con persone di sua fiducia, e ora lui che il Master Of Puppets ha intortato Ponzio Mister H Pelato Pilato e puo' fare cio' che vuole.

cmq

Alcuni amici dalla Florida hanno costituito questo "ring"
aderiamo in massa!!!
a disposizione di ogni iscritto(free) una pagina da personalizzare tipo my space... ma solo per i tifosi dei Miami Dolphins!
questo e' il link!
Ciao Luca

http://dolfanworldorder.ning.com/

Huey

• Visitatore
« Risposta #396 il: Gennaio 18, 2008, 11:44:48 am »
io non oso neanche pensare cosa succede se anche la rivoluzione made in tonno non funziona.

Offline OneHandTeo

• Emiro di Adrihad
  • MVP
  • Better LUCK next year...
    • Diventa fan dell'Emiro
  • Calcio: Internazionale F.C.
  • MLB: Chicago Cubs
  • NBA: Chicago Bulls
  • NFL: Indianapolis Colts
  • NHL: Odio l'Hockey.
« Risposta #397 il: Gennaio 18, 2008, 03:33:04 pm »
io non oso neanche pensare cosa succede se anche la rivoluzione made in tonno non funziona.

che vi vestono di gialloblu e andate a giocare al bentegodi  ;D
  :teosad:    

"Credo che un'Inter come quella di Corso, Mazzola e Suarez non ci sarà mai più. Ma non è detto che non ce ne saranno altre belle in maniera diversa."
__

Huey

• Visitatore
« Risposta #398 il: Febbraio 05, 2008, 09:27:15 pm »
un po' lunghetto, ma vale la pena leggerlo

Top 50 Worst Miami Dolphins of All Time:

50. Trent Green 10...Indiana…Quarterback (2007-present)
I always liked Trent Green, but he had no business in being in Miami to begin with. After getting a concussion one year earlier, Miami and new head coach Cam Cameron traded a conditional 5th round pick to Kansas City for him. After having an impressive stint with Kansas City for many years, Trent then comes to Miami, plays six games, then gets his clocked cleaned and winds up with another concussion. He is then put on IR for the season, and turns out to be another waste of a 5th round draft choice. It did not help either that in the six games that he started, he did not win a single game.

49. Troy Drayton 84...Penn State…Tight End (1997-1999)
Although he was drafted by the Los Angeles / St. Louis Rams in 1993, he never lived up to the hype when he came out of college as one of the highly regarded tight ends. He was released by the Rams only to be picked up by Miami. In his three years in Miami, the most catches he got in one season was 39. He recorded only eight total TDs in his career with Miami. He was then released and continued to play for the Chiefs and Packers. However he never lived up to the hype that was brought on him. He was strictly a below average tight end that was lucky to play in the league for as long as he did.

48. James McKnight 80...Liberty…Wide Receiver (2001-2003)
James McKnight, or as what fans use to call him: James Mc“Fumbles”, was undoubtedly the most inconsistent wide receiver in the history of the Miami Dolphins. Dolfans may of complained a lot about Chris Chambers about his inconsistency and wide receiving abilities about him dropping easy catches. But at least Chambers CAUGHT passes. James McKnight fumbled more passes and dropped more passes than any other receiver I could remember. McKnight’s career with Miami is defined by one play. Remember the lateral pass from Jay Fiedler that McKnight bobbled where in ended up in Aaron Glenn’s hands which he returned from a TD in the 2001 home game against the Jets? Miami went on to lose 24-0...and it was the first time in franchise history Miami was shutout at home, and even worse, against the Jets. McKnight blamed himself for the loss Miami sustained after this game, and rightfully so he should of blamed himself.

47. Brent Moss 33...Wisconsin…Running Back (1994)
Brent Moss was on his way to an extremely successful career, before he screwed up. He helped Wisconsin win the 1993 Rose Bowl, and was also a front runner for the Heisman Trophy. However, he got busted by being in possession of 0.4 ounces of crack cocaine. Suspended from football for a year, the Dolphins invited him to camp, only for him to get busted once again before he got cut. He went on to have a brief stint with the Rams, as well as playing in the Arena League, and the short lone year of the XFL. In 2006, he was arrested once again for being in possession of crack cocaine. With all these arrests, it is obvious it kept him from being a successful professional.

46. Jerry Wilson 24...Southern…Cornerback (1996-2000)
Another one of Miami’s most atrocious defensive backs ever. You might not recognize the name, but watch the “Monday Night Miracle at the Meadowlands” game and you’ll see who I’m talking about. Wilson was used primarily as a nickel back, and when he was brought in, QBs would usually go after him because they knew he could not cover on a consistent basis. Vinny Testaverde proved that in the “Miracle” game. Wilson was released after that game.

45. Mike Kadish 71...Notre Dame…Defensive Tackle (1972)
- 1972 / Round 1 / 25th Overall: FIRST ROUND DRAFT BUST
Miami’s first “first round draft bust”. Kadish was drafted out of Notre Dame with the 25th overall pick in the 1972 draft. He kept pushing for a trade because he did not want to remain in Miami. Miami granted his wish and shipped him to Buffalo where he played for the next nine years…and he paid for it. During his entire tenure with Buffalo, Buffalo never defeated Miami. Kadish went on to have an awful career, recording no more than 25 sacks in his entire career.

44. Morlon Greenwood 52...Syracuse…Linebacker (2001-2004)
One of Dave Wannstedt’s draft selections that never panned out. Morlon was a decent player, but he was also below average. If you look closely and go in depth, notice Zach Thomas’s best “total tackles” seasons were during Greenwood’s tenure. Greenwood what not a consistent frequent tackler, and Thomas was still left to make all the stops on defense. Greenwood was also not a game changer, but at the same time, not a game breaker. Greenwood was another that was strictly an average LB, that was lucky enough to start for as long as he did.

43. David Overstreet 22...Oklahoma…Running Back (1981, 1983)
- 1981 / Round 1 / 13th Overall: FIRST ROUND DRAFT BUST
This was a tough choice because what happened to David was tragic. This was the first of a long string of first round draft busts that Miami dealt with throughout the 80s (with the exception of Roy Foster in 1982, and Marino in 1983). David was drafted by Miami, but had numerous contract disputes, before he had a one year stint in the CFL. When he came back to the NFL, he signed with Miami in 1983. In the 1983 season, he gained a total of 392 yards on 14 carries in 14 total games. Unfortunately in June of 1984, he was killed in a car crash when his car skidded off the highway and into gasoline pumps at a service station and exploded. It was tragic on what happened, but still, it was a first round bust selection that Miami ended up with.

42. Manuel Wright 75...USC…Defensive Tackle (2005-2006)
This guy was clearly not mentally tough. He broke down in tears during camp. Nick Saban was an ******* and he still is, but no player should ever let a coach publicly humiliate them like that. When you let that happen to you, you obviously are not NFL material. I’m sure Manuel is not a bad guy, but he needs to get the mental toughness if he wants to survive in this league. Because of Saban’s attitude towards him, Manuel now has a negative image towards the Dolphins. I think it was the best of both worlds for him to leave Miami. But unless you win a championship, get inducted in the hall of fame, mourn the death of an important sports figure, or get SERIOUSLY hurt, no one should every cry on the field.

41. Seth McKinney 68...Texas A&M…Center (2002-2006)
Miami did not have a first or second round pick in the 2002 draft, and when it was time for them to select a player, they choose a center out of Texas A&M that turned out to be one of the worst in Miami Dolphins history. He could never handle a snap with any QB he ever played with. Plus, he was constant at never remembering snap counts which caused more false start penalties from 2002-2006 (especially 2004) more times then I can remember. I will never forget the 2004 home game against Buffalo when the official called a false start penalty and said the following:

“False Start…EVERYONE BUT THE CENTER…5 yard penalty, still 1st down”

I just cracked up after I heard that. That is when you know, you have an awful offensive line. Not a “bad” offensive line, but an “awful” offensive line, and Seth McKinney was right in the middle of it. The first of many awful offensive lineman we were put with, not just during this time frame, but in the history of the franchise.

40. Lawrence Philips 21...Nebraska…Running Back (1997)
When coach Dick Vermeil gives up on you, that is when you know you have screwed up your life, and that’s exactly what Phillips did to himself. After refusing to go to team meetings and practices when he was with the Rams, Vermeil cut him as he then went on to Miami for two games. He had 44 yards on 18 carries before getting cut from Miami. During his entire time in the pros, he got in constant trouble with the law. Assaulting a woman in a night club, auto theft, then being convicted of seven counts with assault with a deadly weapon. Phillips is still serving his sentence in prison to this day.

39. Joey Harrington 3...Oregon…Quarterback (2006)
Joey was surrounded by an awful team when he was with the Lions, and many thought that if he had talent around him, he could be a great starter. When he arrived in Miami, he proved to not only the league but himself as well that he is not a viable starter, but he is a viable backup. Yet another QB where Miami gave up a draft choice (a 5th round choice in the 2007 draft), that did not pan out. Granted Joey had a great “revenge” game against Detroit on Thanksgiving Day, but the game that really stood out was his “5 of 17 for 20 yards and 2 INT” performance against Buffalo. That game proved to everyone that Joey Harrington was not the solution. Joey was released one season later, and turning out to be another wasted trade in exchange for one of our draft picks.

38. & 37. Damion McIntosh 77 & John St. Clair 78...Kansas State / Virginia …Offensive Tackles (2004-2006 / 2004)
These two fat ****s couldn’t block pee wee football players if they wanted to. All you have to do is plug in a tape of any game from the 2004 season and watch these two guys. Both were acquired in free agency, and when both came to Miami, Miami never gave up so many sacks in a single season, until they put these two guys on the line together. Both were unbelievably inconsistent, called on for a ton of penalties, and provided no consistency in Miami’s running game during their tenure with the Dolphins. Undoubtedly, two of the absolute worst offensive linemen that Miami ever had. Surprisingly, I am amazed that they are both still playing in the league today.

36. Rick Graf 90...Wisconsin…Linebacker (1987-1990)
Rick Graf was our second round pick in 1987. He was not as bad as our first round pick in 1987 (I’ll get to him in a little bit). Rick Graf, like Morlon Greenwood, was strictly a below average linebacker not suited for an pro defensive scheme. He was one of those players that simply could not emulate his style of play into the pros. Although looking back at the 1987 draft, that draft did not have a lot of talent coming out of it. So getting Rick Graf to play for us for four years I guess you could consider a little bit of a blessing. However it still does not excuse the poor play he had during his tenure with us. Another player that strictly should have been a backup rather than a starter.

35. Brian Griese 14...Michigan…Quarterback (2003)
I still to this day, find it hard to believe that Tom Brady “BACKED UP” Brian Griese in college. Look how that turned out. I guess Brian was too scared to try and follow in his father’s footsteps, because he too had some of the worst QB play I have ever seen as well. I will never forget the game where Miami wore the orange jerseys for the first time against Washington in 2003, and Griese played so bad, he got benched and replaced by Jay Fiedler. Then Fiedler led us to a come from behind win 24-23. I was somewhat a little bit of a fan of Fiedler. Quite frankly, whether anyone wants to admit it or not, he has been our best QB since Marino retired. But Griese I thought would enjoy played for the team that made his father a legend. But instead, it just seemed that that kind of added pressure only buckled and broke him down even more.

34. Reggie Howard 25...Memphis…Cornerback (2005-2006)
Reggie Howard, or what fans used to like to call him - Reggie “Coward”, was one of the most atrocious defensive backs Miami has ever had. In his two seasons in Miami, after being acquired from the Carolina Panthers, he not as much even recorded one single INT, and was the favorite target for opposing QBs to go after. Miami fans would even chant that nickname they gave him in “Reggie Coward” because he always looked afraid of going after the ball. After being released, he went back to Carolina where he has not fared much better.

33. Gene Atkins 28...Florida A&M…Safety (1994-1996)
One of the worst safeties in Miami Dolphin history. Opposing QBs literally loved throwing to him, because he constantly got burned numerous times. After having an extremely well career for New Orleans for seven years (21 INTs, 11 FRs, 7 Sacks), he came to Miami where he played the final three years of his career, and completely fell off the map. Four INTs, One Sack, and giving up TDs in bunches was pretty much the story of Atkins in Miami. Atkins was pretty much the last bad defensive back the Fins dealt with before getting Madison, Surtain, Marion, and Walker. However he would not be the last awful DB that we would deal with.

32. & 31. Travares Tillman 26 & Arturo Freeman 20...Georgia Tech / South Carolina…Safeties (2005-present) / (2000-2004)
As bad as Atkins was…Tillman is worse, and Freeman was worse. Freeman finally had his breakout year in 2004 when he recorded four INTs, but in the four previous years combined, he had a grand total of only one INT. ONE!!! Safeties are expected to be smart enough to read offensive fronts and QB’s eyes so they know where the ball is going. Freeman was horrible at that. I remember a game in 2002 when Miami played Buffalo. The game where Ricky Williams had over 200 yards rushing in the snow in a 38-21 losing effort. Freeman had 9 missed tackles and let Bledsoe burn him constantly. Tillman is just the same…maybe worse because he can not stay healthy. He has not had a full season under his belt, even before he came to Miami. He has a grand total of only three INTs during his time in Miami, with one of those years on IR. The Bills, Texans, and Panthers did not believe him to be a viable starter. Why should Miami?

30. & 29. Paul Lankford 44 & William Judson 49...Penn State / South Carolina State…Cornerbacks (1982-1991) / (1982-1989)
Undoubtedly…THE WORST pair of cornerbacks we have ever had in the history of this franchise. I use to complain about Sam Madison being called on too many pass interference plays and burned on multiple occasions. Sam Madison was a blessing compared to these two. Apparently…according to someone on this board, Lankford supposedly “could not cover a bed with a sheet”. These two were atrocious at defending the run, and especially the pass. All you have to do is look back at our 51-45 OT loss to the Jets in 1986 when Ken O’Brien and Wesley Walker of the Jets just burned our DBs over and over and over again. Although the fins had an awful defense assembled throughout the 80s, these two individuals were not the only awful players Miami had to deal with.

28. Randy McMichael 81...Georgia…Tight End (2002-2006)
Randy Mc“Drops a Lot”, only knew how to do two things. Drop passes and abuse his wife. It is a real shame because he exploded on the scene in 2002, and had a very good first half of the 2002 season. After that, Randy just continued on a downward spiral. It is a shame that Randy is now Miami’s all-time leading receiver for tight ends, because he was really a disgrace. I would take Jim Jensen, Joe Rose, Jim Mandich or Bruce Hardy over McMichael any day. Everyone was sick and tired of his attitude and his constant drops. If that was not bad enough, he gave our team constant distractions by abusing his wife over and over again. Since his release, he has not faired too well in St. Louis either.

27. Lamar Gordon 30...North Dakota State…Running Back (2004)
Another one of Dave and Rick’s genius roster moves. After Ricky Williams “retired” in 2004, Miami needed a RB on their roster. With plenty of healthy quality RBs on the free agent market, Rick decides to trade a 3rd round draft choice to the Rams for Gordon. Gordon would never see the field during the 2004 season. Lamar would then be put on IR three weeks later as he got injured during practice. Yet another waste of a draft pick and a roster spot, but the 2004 season only got worse from there.

26. Mike Mularkey…Florida…Offensive Coordinator / TE Coach (2006-2007)
He was a good offensive coordinator when he was with Pittsburgh, but he sucked with us. Talk about predictable, his play calling was not even that. He would call stupid gadget plays at the most inopportune times, and call low percentage plays at the wrong times as well. He was stripped of his play calling duties after the 2006 season, which were then handed over to new coach Cam Cameron. It was amazing he was still kept on our staff as a TE coach, where he developed no new talent at that position. As bad as his play calling was, we would soon be exposed to even worse play calling in the near future.

Huey

• Visitatore
« Risposta #399 il: Febbraio 05, 2008, 09:28:12 pm »

25. Thurman Thomas 34...Oklahoma State…Running Back (2000)
It still ticks me off to this day that Thomas lined up in the aqua and orange. Although he did have a good final year with Miami, but how dare he put on a Dolphins uniform after all the pain, torture, and suffering he put Miami through throughout his career…but then, the more I thought about it, and the more research I did…in a small way we deserved it. When you read further down on this list, you will see why we deserved it a little bit. Still, Thomas tortured Miami for so many years, it disgusted me that Wanny signed him and let him play on Miami. Their have been many Dolphin killers throughout history. Chad Pennington has a 6-1 record against us, Bledsoe and Kelly have a ton of passing yardage on us, but Thurman Thomas was the biggest Dolphin killer of all gaining more than 61% of his career yardage against Miami. It just saddens me a little bit that he played for Miami after killing us for so many years…and it saddens me even more on why we deserved it a little bit (keep reading and you will find out).

24. Daunte Culpepper 8...Central Florida…Quarterback (2006)
Culpepper was a magnificent QB for Minnesota for many years, until his knee was ripped to shreds in 2005. Miami yet still looking for a QB was testing the market looking for one, and they came down to two decisions. Take Daunte with the banged up knee, or take Drew Brees who just had surgery on his throwing shoulder. Second year Miami coach, Nick Saban went against conventional wisdom from team doctors to take Drew Brees, but instead took Culpepper. This was the second time Miami passed on Drew Brees (the first time was in the 2001 Draft). Miami traded a 2nd round draft choice to Minnesota for Culpepper, while Drew Brees was traded to New Orleans. Culpepper started five games going 1-4 as a starter, while Drew Brees has a Pro Bowl year and came within one game of taking the Saints to the Super Bowl. Culpepper was junk for Miami, throwing for more INTs then TDs. He was released that off-season to the Raiders. In 2007 in week five, Culpepper than showed how much class he had while Oakland beat Miami 35-17. Culpepper threw for two TDs, and ran for three more while poking fun at Miami fans by pointing at his knee and giving an “OK” sign. Fans were livid at not only this act by Culpepper, but the results of this decision.

23. & 22. Cecil “The Diesel” Collins 34 & J.J. Johnson 32...McNeese State / Mississippi State…Running Backs (1999 / 1999-2001)
Two of Jimmy Johnson’s BIGGEST draft busts during his tenure with the Dolphins. In the 1999 NFL Draft, Johnson drafted two running backs to hopefully give Marino one last shot at a viable running game. It was not meant to be with these two players. The first of two RBs he selected in the 1999 draft, was J.J. Johnson, who was drafted in the 2nd round (39th overall). In his three undistinguished seasons, he never had 1,000 yards, fumbled constantly, and averaged less then three yards per carry. He was arguably one of the worst RBs statistically in the history of Miami. However, as bad as J.J. was, Jimmy’s other pick was far worse. Its amazing how Jimmy aimed for “class” players like Aikman and Smith when he was with Dallas. However, when he went to Miami, he kept getting bust after bust, and players that dealt with issues not just on the field, but off the field as well. Cecil Collins is a perfect example. Drafted in the 5th round (134th Overall) of the 1999 draft, “the Diesel” was also suppose to provide Marino with the running game that he did not have throughout his career. It did not happen. He appeared in eight games in the season accumulating 414 yards and only two TDs. Then on December 16, 1999, Collins committed burglary in an apartment complex. After the conviction on the charge, he was sentenced to 15 years in prison. His current release date is in 2014.

21. David Boston 80...Ohio State…Wide Receiver (2004-2005)
Another genius trade by Rick Spielman at the start of the 2004 season. Miami gave up yet another draft pick (6th rounder) for an aging, trouble-making player. This time, it was WR David Boston. Before the 2004 season even began, he tested positive for steroids and was ordered to serve a four-game suspension. This became negligible after he tore ligaments in his knee and was unable to play for the entire season. The Dolphins cut him at the end of the year, then proceeded to sign him for the veterans’ minimum for 2005. He played in five games that year before tearing knee ligaments again. He was then released to Tampa Bay after being arrested for DUI.

20. Randal Hill 81...Miami…Wide Receiver (1991, 1995-1996)
- 1991 / Round 1 / 23rd Overall: FIRST ROUND DRAFT BUST
Another one of the many first round draft busts that Miami has had throughout their history. Randal Hill was hardly an adequate receiver as he was only in the league for seven years (three with Miami). What makes this pick really sad is while during this time, Miami STILL needed a running game, and yet had the opportunity to draft Ricky Watters, whom they passed.

19. A.J. Feeley 7...Oregon…Quarterback (2004-2005)
Another one of the brilliant moves under the “Wannstedt / Spielman Era” that was a complete and total waste. Isn’t it amazing on how a player can be absolutely amazing for one team, but then absolutely suck when he comes for the Dolphins? After saving the Eagles season in 2003 by going 5-1 s a starter, Miami traded a 2nd round pick to Philadelphia for A.J. Feeley. A.J. Feeley was not even drafted in the first four rounds in the year he was drafted (2001 / Round 5 / 155th pick Overall). Even with a decent TE and a decent WR, A.J. Feeley was primarily responsible for Miami having one of the worst seasons in franchise history. He threw 15 INTs, with six of them returned for TDs. The only good memory Fin fans have with him, was his miracle 29-28 Monday Night Football win against the Patriots. But one game does not overcome a season of awfulness. If nothing else, Feeley proved to himself, and the rest of the league that he is not a starting QB in this league. Ironically, Miami traded him the next season to San Diego, who then traded him back to the team that traded him to begin with…Philadelphia.

18. Eddie Moore 58...Tennessee…Linebacker (2003-2005)
All fans wanted to see was him on the field one time. We didn’t get it. Eddie “Bleeping” Moore (as some fans called him), much like Will Poole, could not stay healthy. Drafted by Miami in the 2nd Round (49th Overall) of the 2003 Draft, Moore had three seasons on IR with the Dolphins as he never played a down in the Miami uniform before finally getting traded to New Orleans in the 2006 off-season. Then that trade was voided because Moore failed a physical. Moore was then traded to Denver after passing that physical.

17. Will Poole 27...USC…Cornerback (2004-2006)
Although he was drafted in 4th Round (102nd Overall) of the 2004 Draft, he is yet another defensive back that we never saw on the field because, like in college, he was plagued with injuries. Yet another one of Dave Wannstedt’s draft busts, Will Poole played very little during his rookie season, but then had two injury plagued seasons on IR with the Dolphins in 2005 and 2006. He never started a down in any of the three seasons he was with Miami, and was cut after the 2006 season.

16. John Avery 20...Mississippi…Running Back (1998-1999)
- 1998 / Round 1 / 29th Overall: FIRST ROUND DRAFT BUST
John Avery is the perfect example of a player that did not put forth his best effort with Miami, but yet went on to be a success elsewhere. He was absolutely worthless in Miami, never gaining more than 600 yards and scoring only two TDs. He was traded to Denver for wide receiver Marcus Nash in 1999, did not do much there, than went to the Canadian Football League and became a huge success going to two Grey Cup Championship games and winning one of them. One of those years, he was the CFL MVP. Avery even had a successful one year stint in the XFL when he was the XFL’s only leading rusher. Not that it means anything, it appears to me that Avery did not put forth his best effort when he was drafted by Miami. Miami yet wasted another first round draft choice and got nothing in return for it. Instead they got a guy who is more noted for being a success elsewhere.

15. Nick Saban…Alabama…Coach (2005-2006)
His career record during his tenure was 15-17. He utilized Jason Taylor in a way where he wound up being the 2006 Defensive Player of the Year. He turned our defense into one of the top five in the league. Even his controversial choice of choosing Culpepper over Brees was questioned as it should be. But what sticks out to every Dolfan about “Dick Satan”…WAS THAT HE LIED. He showed no integrity or loyalty to the team that hired him. He broke a player down to tears. He continuously denied reports and rumors about him taking the Alabama College coaching job. This was a distraction that ultimately led Miami to lose their last three games of the 2006 season. Two weeks after the season ended, Saban took the job after constant denial that he wouldn’t. His dishonestly, deception, and greed (he was offered the richest college coaching contract) towards the Miami franchise forced Miami in search of a new coach while fans and players were enraged about his actions towards the team.

14. Jamar Fletcher 24...Wisconsin…Cornerback (2001-2003)
- 2001 / Round 1 / 26th Overall: FIRST ROUND DRAFT BUST
We could of grabbed WRs Chad Johnson, Reggie Wayne, or Steve Smith (even though we got Chris Chambers in this draft). We could of selected TEs Todd Heap or Alge Crumpler. But here is what hurts the most. We could of gotten Drew Brees (the “first” time we passed on him). But no…Dave Wannstedt and Rick Spielman wanted to get the so called “best player available.” Another one of Wannstedt’s many failures. One full year after Dan Marino retired, the offense was in shambles, and with the defense the best it has ever been, what does Wannstedt do? He goes defense in the first round when he did not need to. Jamar recorded two total INTs during his time at Miami and started a total of six games. He was primarily used as a nickel back, and quite frankly was not a very good one. In the 2002 season finale against New England, he was called on a crucial pass interference penalty that helped New England come back from a 11 point 4th quarter deficit and defeat the Fins.

13. Jackie Shipp 50...Oklahoma…Linebacker (1984-1988)
- 1984 / Round 1 / 14th Overall: FIRST ROUND DRAFT BUST
Five years of meritocracy…heh, not even! That is exactly was Jackie Shipp gave us during his time with Miami. One sack, two INTs, only three FRs and he never led the team in tackles which is suppose to be a certainty with LBs. After his release, he had one more undistinguished year with the Rams before leaving football.

12. & 11. Cam Cameron & Randy Mueller…Indiana / Linfield College…Coach (2007) / General Manager (2005-2007)
If it wasn’t for a “Cleo Lemon to Greg Camarillo TD Pass” against the Ravens in OT, Cam Cameron would of gone down in history as the first coach ever to have a 16 game winless season. And that is just the tip of the iceberg in the damage he along with former General Manager Randy Mueller only added to the Miami Dolphins franchise. Cam Cameron came to the Dolphins replacing Nick Saban, to fix the current state of this franchise that Saban, Wannstedt, and Speilman put us in. Mueller began his career with Miami when Saban came to town in 2005. Instead, they just made it worse. Although not all was Cameron’s fault, but most of it was. Cameron’s decision making, along with Mueller’s methods, were questioned immediately with trades that he made after the 2006 season:

- Trading WR Wes Walker to New England for a 2nd Round Pick and a 7th Round Pick in the 2007 draft
(Welker went on to lead the NFL in catches helping the Patriots to an undefeated 16-0 regular season. With draft selections, we picked up C/G Samson Satele and DE Abraham Wright)

- Trading K Olindo Mare to New Orleans for a 6th in the 2007 draft
(With draft selection, we picked up C/G Drew Mormino)

- Trading a Conditional 5th Round Pick in the 2008 draft to Kansas City for QB Trent Green
(Trent Green went 0-6 as a starter, before being put on IR for the season)

Many agreed with the Olindo Mare trade as he was on a decline and continued to struggle with New Orleans. But the other two trades enraged fans. First, he traded one of the most popular players in Dolphins history in WR Wes Welker to the division rival New England Patriots for two draft picks in the 2007 draft. Wes Welker went on to become one of the leagues leading receivers helping the Patriots get to an undefeated season, while Miami selected two players, one of them turning out to be a viable starter. Then trading a conditional 5th round pick in 2008 for aging veteran QB Trent Green who was recovering from a devastating concussion one year earlier. He went 0-6 as a starter for Miami in 2007, before getting a second concussion in as many years, which then, led to him being put on IR for the rest of the season. What followed after those three trades was far worse than any Dolphin fan expected. In the 2007 NFL draft, his methods, along with General Manager Randy Mueller, were questioned even more:

- Passing on Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn for WR Ted Ginn Jr. in the 1st Round
- Selecting 26 year old BYU QB John Beck in the 2nd round.

Fans were ecstatic when they saw Brady Quinn slip down to us, and everyone thought the Dolphins were going to take him since Miami was in dyer need of a QB. But when they saw that Cameron took the Dolphin’s 9th overall pick and passed up on highly regarded Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn for Ohio State WR Ted Ginn Jr. who was coming off a severe ankle injury in college, the fans were upset, confused, but more importantly, enraged. What made that pick even worse was the fact that he stated in a press conference after the pick on how he was primarily going to use Ted Ginn Jr. as a kick and punt returner. The fans at the draft day party and conference booed Cameron for that selection. To add insult to the selection, Cameron then selected a 26 year old QB out of BYU named John Beck in the second round. Some say that if Miami selected Brady Quinn, Miami would of never made the trade for Trent Green, but then again, we would of still been stuck with Daunte Culpepper. When the 2007 season started, everything that could go wrong did:

- Eight losses by 10 points or less (six of them by three points).
- Season ending injuries to Trent Green, Ronnie Brown, Zach Thomas and most of the secondary.
- Forced to do a running back by committee offense with second and third string RBs which included bringing back Ricky Williams for one game (after that, he would then be put on IR).
- Feuding with Jason Taylor and other members of the coaching staff.

It was extremely ironic that Ricky was forced to come back for Miami at the hands of Mueller, because it was Mueller who initiated the trade for Ricky to go to Miami in the first place when Mueller was the General Manager of New Orleans. Cameron’s coaching methods were awful. He blew timeouts, call terrible plays at inopportune times, feuded with players like Jason Taylor, and quite frankly made our team the laughing stock of 2007. Even during the mid-part of the season, Cameron yet did another moronic trade by trading our best WR left on the team:

- Trading WR Chris Chambers to San Diego for a 2nd Round Pick in the 2008 Draft

Miami went on to lose the first 13 games of the season (16 game losing streak dating back to last year - franchise record) before finally winning against the Baltimore Ravens in OT. Miami third string QB Cleo Lemon hit WR Greg Camarillo for a 64 yard TD pass in OT to prevent Miami from having a winless season. That will go down as one of the most important touchdowns ever scored in the history of the Miami Dolphins. Cameron and Miami went on to finish the 2007 season with a record of 1-15, the worst in franchise history. Miami fans called for Cameron’s head immediately and they got it. When Miami hired former legendary coach Bill Parcells after the 2007 season as their new VP of football operations, GM Randy Mueller was the first to get fired, followed by Cam Cameron. His one year stint with Miami was beyond bad…it was the worst season in franchise history. Far worse than the 2004 season. Granted he dealt with major injuries throughout the year, but he did not deal with most of the injuries throughout the first half of the season, yet they still went winless until week 15 of the season. His decisions and coaching methods ultimately led to his firing one week after the season ended.

Huey

• Visitatore
« Risposta #400 il: Febbraio 05, 2008, 09:28:57 pm »
And now for my Top 10 WORST Miami Dolphins of All-Time:
(get your box of tissues ready)

10. Ricky Williams 34...Texas…Running Back (2002-2003, 2005, 2007-present)
The Dolphins gave him chance after chance. We gave him two second chances. The first when he wanted out of New Orleans to start a new career elsewhere, and Miami accepting him back after his fourth failed drug test after the 2005 season. And what did he give back?…Nothing! Wannstedt and Spielman gave up too much for his value, and paid for it with his “character”. Dave and Rick gave up a 1st and 4th round pick in the 2002 draft as well as a conditional 3rd round pick (which turned into a 1st round pick) in the 2003 draft, in order for Ricky Williams to play for Miami. Ricky then went on to have the best two years of his career rushing for nearly 3,300 yards and 30 total TDs in the 2002 and 2003 seasons. Then he did something no Dolfan should ever forgive him for. He left us for his so called “retirement”, so he could travel the world, take yoga classes, and smoke marijuana. He left us three weeks before the 2004 season started. Because he left, during that three week span before the season started, Miami had to act quickly by getting a running back in free agency or a trade (which they did: Rick traded a 3rd round pick for the Rams’ Lamar Gordon, who than later was put on IR cause of an injury and a waste of a draft pick), and they had to adjust their ENTIRE offense in three weeks since Ricky did not show up. Because of Ricky, and Ricky alone, Miami was not prepared going into the season. They started 0-6 en route to a 4-12 record, our worst record in franchise history. Ricky's departure caused Dave Wannstedt’s resignation (he was going to get fired anyway), Rick Spielman’s resignation as well (he to was going to get fired anyway), and caused Miami to use their 2nd overall pick in the 2005 draft on Auburn RB Ronnie Brown when they needed to address other needs even more. Then it turns out that Ricky was in breach of contract and was forced to pay back 8.4 million dollars to the Dolphins. So then, Nick Saban and the Dolphins accepted Ricky back for the 2005 season after he served his four game suspension. This was the “second” second chance that Miami gave Ricky. Ricky helped us to a 9-7 record in 2005 and appeared to have his life together, but then after the season ended, he failed his fourth drug test, proving his unreliability yet again and was now suspended for the 2006 season, letting all the Dolphin fans and the organization down again. Yet still under contract with Miami, it is a wonder Miami has yet to get rid of Ricky. He is no longer the runner he once was when he younger, and he continues to prove his unreliability to the league. He has single handedly changed the course of this franchise in a negative way, as one of the causations of the Dolphins having a losing record twice during the three year span of 2004-2006. Ricky did not do much in his one game return on Monday Night Football in 2007 against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Even though it was on a crappy field, he had 6 carries for 15 yards and a fumble, before getting injured and put on IR for the rest of the season. Ricky’s negative impact will continue to haunt this team until Miami initiates a trade, or commits his release.

9. & 8. John Bosa 97 & Eric Kumerow 90...Boston College / Ohio State…Defensive Ends (1987-1989 / 1988-1990)
- 1987 / Round 1 / 16th Overall: FIRST ROUND DRAFT BUST
- 1988 / Round 1 / 16th Overall: FIRST ROUND DRAFT BUST
Regardless what most may say about John Bosa...here are the facts. Undoubtedly, these two are the biggest first round defensive draft busts in the history of this franchise. To many Dolfans, these two players will forever be known eternally as “The Bust Brothers.” Bosa and Kumerow were undoubtedly two of the biggest “draft reaches” in not only Miami Dolphin history, but in the history of the NFL. Both players were known as “tweeners” -- too small for the defensive line, yet too big and slow to play linebacker. Both were seen as finesse players, taken for potential, despite concerns that their abilities might not match an NFL system. That was clearly evident throughout their short undistinguished careers. When selecting my Top 50 worst Dolphins of All-Time, career data is usually used to support the choice. However, in the case of Bosa and Kumerow, it is their noticeable lack of any statistics that warrants their selection. Had either player been selected outside of the first round, they would’ve faded into obscurity and been long forgotten. However, when you have consecutive first round picks at the same position, with no considerable stats on their play, it speaks volumes:

Bosa - Played 3 years (31 Games: 0 starts), 7 career sacks
Kumerow - Played 3 years (36 Games: 0 starts), 5 career sacks

Not only were their intangibles similar, but so were their exits as both were out of football within three years of their acquisitions, after suffering knee injuries. It’s important to note that Bosa and Kumerow’s tenure came at time when the league had no salary cap or free agency. Teams were built primarily through the draft, and poor decisions often had long term impact. Taken back-to-back, the pair crippled the Miami defense for a decade, as the team was eventually forced to draft for other areas of need. What REALLY hurts is what the ramifications were when Miami selected Kumerow in 1988. During this time, Miami was in dire need of a running game and one player that Miami passed on in the 1988 draft was none other…than future NFL Hall of Famer Thurman Thomas. He was then picked up by Buffalo early in the second round, and Buffalo (Miami’s division rival) and Thurman made Miami pay for it for the next 10 years. Buffalo went on to be the best team in the AFC for the next decade making it to four Super Bowls in a row, and during that time, knocking Miami out of the playoffs three times. It’s quite rare for two players’ negative impact on the team to be linked, but such was the case when talking about Bosa and Kumerow.

7. Billy Milner 79...Houston…Tackle (1995-1996)
- 1995 / Round 1 / 25th Overall: FIRST ROUND DRAFT BUST
Another first round draft bust of Miami’s that never lived up to expectations. Milner did not even last five full years in the league, with only the first two years he spent in Miami. Once again, in similar fashion like in the past, at this time Miami was in dire need of a running game still. It’s bad enough that Miami passed on future Hall of Fame LB Derrick Brooks in the first round, but what really hurts is later on in that year’s draft. Miami passed on two more future Hall of Fame RBs. Curtis Martin and Terrell Davis were taken in later rounds, and both would lead their respective teams to the Super Bowl (Martin with New England, Davis with the Broncos).

6. Ray Lucas 6...Rutgers…Quarterback (2001-2002)
In 2002, the Dolphins were well on their way to the Super Bowl. They started 5-1, had the #1 ranked rushing offense, and a defense ranked in the top five in every significant category. However everything would come crumbling down due to the poor play of one player. Since Marino’s retirement after the 1999 season, mediocre QB play had haunted the Miami Dolphins. In 2002, a hungry young player waited in the wings for his chance to bring back glory to the position. Though he humbled himself through the media, proclaiming himself as the team’s backup, his confidence and swagger were undeniable. Dolphins fans ate it up, wishing to see him get his opportunity.

There’s an old saying: “Be careful what you wish for; you just might get it.”

And boy did we ever. Ladies and Gentlemen, may I introduce to you: Ray Lucas. Lucas didn’t get his opportunity due to the poor play of the team’s starter, Jay Fielder. In a odd twist of fate, Lucas’ number was instead called after one of Jay’s gutsiest performances as a Dolphin, where he brought the team from behind in a last second victory against the Denver Broncos. But that victory came at a cost: a broken thumb on Fiedler’s throwing hand. Lucas had shown poise and potential in four years as a backup with the Jets under Bill Parcells (including sweeping Miami as a starter in 1999), and had one year under his belt, learning Miami’s system. Fans thought that, unlike Fiedler, Lucas would be able to be more than just a game manager...that he could win games, where Fiedler could simply not lose them. Lucas took a 5-1 record and two game lead in the AFC East to Buffalo to face a struggling Bills team, ranked 25th in defense and giving up an average of more than 35 points per game…and what unfurled was far worse than any Dolphins fan could have ever possibly imagined. Against a backdrop of almost guaranteed success, Lucas took less than one quarter to show his true colors, turning in the single worst QB performance in Dolphins history. Lucas was responsible for six turnovers: four interceptions and two fumbles. He completed only 13 passes to Dolphin receivers. His leading receiver was Nate Clements, with three catches. Unfortunately, Nate played for the Bills. Lucas then continued to drop important games in the coming weeks while Fiedler was recuperating from his thumb injury. Games which included a Monday Night game against Green Bay, and a Sunday Night game against his former team the New York Jets. Overall, Lucas started a total of six games for Miami, going 2-4. In each of the losses, Lucas was the reason. Despite a dominating defense, Lucas found ways to lose. He fumbled eight times (losing four), and threw six interceptions. His QB rating was an ugly 69. Just how bad was Lucas? His performance was so pathetic after his first start against Buffalo, one announcer asked after the Buffalo game:

“Do you think Fiedler can throw with his left hand?”

It was that season in 2002 that all Dolphin fans learned an important lesson concerning the value of a viable backup QB. In six short weeks, Lucas took a front running team with Super Bowl aspirations, and turned them into a middle of the pack team. Jay Fiedler returned to get off a few quick wins, but despite having the NFL season leading rusher (Ricky Williams) and the NFL season leading sacker (Jason Taylor), Miami finished with a 9-7 record and missed the playoffs by one game…losing to New England 27-24 in OT (after leading 24-13 with just over eight minutes left to play) in the season finale. Ray Lucas was then cut that off-season. When Dolphin fans look back at the 2002 season, even though we had great memories of Ricky and Jason that year, that year will always be remembered on how our backup QB ruined our season.

5. & 4. Dave Wannstedt & Rick Spielman…Pittsburgh / Ohio State…Coach (2000-2004) / General Manager (2000-2004)
When you mention one, you have to mention the other. These two individuals set this franchise back so far back with their “win now” attitudes rather then the “win later” attitude, it is disheartening. Wannstedt and Spielman ruined this franchise so much, it is absolutely disgusting. Both worked together from 2000-2004, with Wanny being the head coach, while Rick was the Director of Player Personnel and the General Manager. Both will be remembered to Dolfans as the two primary individuals that left this team a mess and in rebuilding mode at the turn of the millennium. Dave Wannstedt led our team to four consecutive winning seasons from 2000-2003, including the AFC East Division Title in 2000, but what really sticks out about Dave Wannstedt was his coaching style. He was not a motivator. His methods were questioned constantly. Plus, the way he ran the offense was extremely predictable and ineffective. It’s the reason why our offense was so inept, and why we were too reliable on Ricky Williams when he had him. A perfect example of this was the 2002 season ender at New England. Remember Miami’s last offensive possession before the OT period, when they were on their own side of the field, and went run, run, pass, punt…literally. It cost us the game and the division title to the New York Jets. Dave Wannstedt was a great defensive coordinator in Dallas, but he is not head coach material. He proved it when he coached in Chicago, and here in Miami. It is a little bit unfair to not appreciate what Dave did for the Fins during his tenure with the team by getting us to four consecutive winning seasons, and a division title in 2000. However what is really noticeable with each passing year, is that we continued to go one step backwards with him at the helm:

2000 - 11-5 AFC EAST Division Champs / Divisional Round Loss
2001 - 11-5 2nd in Division / Wildcard Loss
2002 - 9-7 3rd in Division / No Playoffs
2003 - 10-6 2nd in Division / First AFC team in 17 years to have 10 wins and not make playoffs
2004 - Started 1-8 - Lead to his resignation / Finished 4-12 - Last in Division / Worst season in
franchise history (at the time)

A lot of Dolphin fans claim (and agree) that the only reason why Wanny had those four somewhat good years was the fact he was winning with “Jimmy Johnson’s” players. The players he drafted like Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Patrick Surtain, and Sam Madison. His partner in crime Rick Spielman was not so innocent either. Rick was responsible for so many awful trades, terrible player evaluations, and failure to properly produce talent with his poor drafting. Some of his most awful trades include the following:

- Trading a 2nd Round Pick in the 2005 draft to Philadelphia for QB A.J. Feeley
(Turned into a terrible starter / backup in the 2004 season - ironically wound up back in Philly in 2006)

- Trading a 3rd Round Pick in the 2005 draft to St. Louis for RB Lamar Gordon
(Wound up on IR six weeks later after the trade)

- Trading a 6th Round Pick in the 2005 draft to Arizona for WR David Boston
(Tested positive for steroids, served four-game suspension, then tore knee ligaments twice before being released…appeared in only seven games for Miami)

- Trading DE Adawale Ogunleye to Chicago for WR Marty Booker and a 3rd Round Draft Choice in 2005
(Trade became hardly adequate - Ogunleye became a dominant pass rusher in Chicago while Booker became average - with draft selection we picked up LB Channing Crowder)

- Trading CB Patrick Surtain and a 5th Round Pick in 2005 to Kansas City for a 2nd Round Pick and 5th Round Pick in 2005
(With draft selections we picked up DE Math Roth and T Anthony Alabi - Roth is below average, while Alabi is a reserve player)

And finally, you can not forget about the “big trade” that Dave and Rick was responsible for. The trade that no Dolfan will EVER forget.

- Trading 1st and 4th Round Picks in the 2002 draft and a conditional 3rd Round Pick in the 2003 draft (which turned into a 1st Round Pick) to New Orleans for RB Ricky Williams and a 4th Round Pick in 2002
(Ricky had two great years before abandoning us three weeks before the start of the 2004 season for his “retirement” which ultimately lead us to having an atrocious year in 2004 - with draft selection we picked up TE Randy McMichael)

If you think that all is not bad enough, you should see some of the draft busts that Dave and Rick were responsible for. Sure, Dave and Rick were able to acquire some “decent” talent through their five drafts together (Chris Chambers in 2001, Randy McMichael in 2002, Yeremiah Bell in 2003), however the purpose of the draft is to make sure that within the first two or three rounds of each draft, you select individuals that are sure players to make your team because they are the ones you invest highly in. It is absolutely crippling to look at some of the FIRST, SECOND, and THIRD ROUND DRAFT BUST players that Rick and Dave drafted that not only wound up not playing an NFL down or not even making the team, but were absolutely terrible when they did play:

- 2000 / Round 2 / 53rd Overall - T Todd Wade (Went to Houston after his release, now with Houston)
- 2000 / Round 3 / 84th Overall - CB Ben Kelly (Out of league)
- 2001 / Round 1 / 26th Overall - CB Jamar Fletcher (Was traded to San Diego, now with Houston)
- 2002 / Round 3 / 90th Overall - C Seth McKinney (Now with Cleveland)
- 2003 / Round 2 / 49th Overall - LB Eddie Moore (Now with Denver)
- 2003 / Round 3 / 78th Overall - T Wade Smith (Now with N.Y. Jets)
- 2003 / Round 3 / 87th Overall - G Taylor Whitley (Went to Denver, now with Washington)

And those are just naming a few. There are a ton of other players from those drafts that wound up busts for the Fins. Shawn Draper, Omare Lowe, Leonard Henry, J.R. Tolver, Corey Jenkins, and don’t forget about another one of our famous draft busts that I mentioned before…WILL POOLE! How long did we have to wait to see him play on a NFL football field? And it still does not mention the fact that players like Vernon Carey, Rex Hadnot, Derrick Pope, and Matt Roth are still up in the air. From 1998 (the year before Dan Marino retired) to 2003 (Wannstedt’s last FULL year with the Dolphins), the Dolphins had a grand total of 53 NFL draft picks in six total drafts that they used on player selections in the draft, or traded away in free agency for other players. It is staggering and depressing to know that other than Ricky Williams (who has left us numerous times) and Yeremiah Bell (who gets injured a lot), not one single player from any of those draft selections is currently on the roster now. Four out of those six drafts, Dave and Rick are responsible for. Their decision making set the Dolphins back for years, as Miami continued (and still is) to fade away in obscurity. With the debacle that was the 2004 season, Wannstedt and Spielman both resigned and quit in shame knowing that both were going to get fired anyway. Their five year span together with the Dolphins was undoubtedly one of the most turbulent, disgraceful, and unsuccessful times in the history of this franchise.

Huey

• Visitatore
« Risposta #401 il: Febbraio 05, 2008, 09:29:11 pm »
3. Yatil Green 87...Miami…Wide Receiver (1997-1999)
- 1997 / Round 1 / 15th Overall: FIRST ROUND DRAFT BUST
This one was a tough one. This player had no character issues, he was not a bad guy, and he did everything in his power to become the player he wanted to be. Even to this day he has remained a model citizen and a great role model. But Yatil Green is probably the perfect example on how cruel life can be. Whether it was his fault or not for his long term negative impact towards the Dolphins, it is certainly evident. Yatil came to the Dolphins as the first-round draft choice in 1997 out of the University of Miami (Fla.), with the highest pick that Miami had had in several years. With a string of 1st round draft busts (John Bosa, Eric Kumerow, Sammie Smith, Billy Milner), the front office was looking for a sure thing. At the NFL scouting combine, Green had scouts and coaches salivating over his size and speed. Green was the lone top receiver to run at the combine, showing no fear of a poor running surface. Here's what the scouts were saying:

- Tremendous Athlete with Great Size
- Runs a 4.3 / 40 with a 35.5 inch Vertical Jump
- Speed and Agility make him Dangerous After the Catch:

Green looked to be a perfect fit for the Fins, and the weapon that would finally help Marino take the Dolphins back to the Super Bowl. Green even signed early so that he could get into camp and start practicing right away. Expectations among Dolphin fans were sky high, but sadly, Green never played a down in 1997. On the first day of training camp, he suffered a devastating injury, tearing his quadriceps muscles, anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and cartilage in his right knee. Before it had even started, it looked like Green's NFL career was over...and as bad as that sounds, what happened instead was far worse. Yatil refused to go down without a fight. He began an aggressive rehabilitation program, and it wasn't long before there were rumors coming out of Miami about Green being ahead of schedule. Miami had to make a tough decision: stick with Green in hopes that he could fully recover, or draft another WR. Miami gambled on Green, passing up the chance to grab Randy Moss. At first it looked like the gamble would pay off. By the start of camp, Green was looking good, showing that he hadn’t lost much of his speed. He wasn’t 100 percent yet, but with several months to go before the team hit the field, the staff was confident that Yatil Green would finally line up in the aqua and orange. Unfortunately, disaster struck again. While running a pass route in non-contact drills, Green tore his ACL in his right knee for the 3rd time, leaving the Dolphins with a WR corps anchored by O.J. McDuffie and Charles Jordan. Miami signed Willie Green, an unrestricted free agent from the Broncos to fill the number 3 spot. It was hardly adequate. For two years, Miami had been forced to patch together a receiving corps. Certainly, 1999’s draft would be different. Conventional wisdom stated that Miami address their wide receiver needs early, despite having traded away their first round pick. Never one to follow conventional wisdom, Jimmy Johnson surprised everyone by not drafting a single wide out (instead drafting two RBs…both busts that I mentioned before), leaving the door open for Green one more time. On opening day in 1999, Yatil Green made his debut against the Denver Broncos. After three years of waiting, watching, and rehabilitating, the Dolphins were rewarded with one catch for six yards. Green made appearances in seven more games that year, never as a starter. He ended the season with 18 catches and 0 TDs. Unbelievably, Green averaged a shocking 1.25 surgeries per NFL game played:

8 surgeries - 10 games played:

There was no story book ending for Green; he never played another down. Whether it was his fault or not, Green’s negative impact on the franchise is undeniable. Miami gave up a first round draft choice and got nothing in return. Green’s contract and signing bonus cost the Dolphins millions and forced the contracts of Richmond Webb, Trace Armstrong and Tim Bowens to be renegotiated (all would be released within the next five years). And most importantly, his continued presence on the roster kept the front office and coaching staff from aggressively addressing the holes at wide receiver, a situation from which the organization has yet to recover.

2. Tom Olivadotti...Defensive Coordinator (1987-1995)...This guy was a complete and total moron. Olivadotti joined the Dolphins as the Defensive Coordinator in 1987. For the next nine years, the team was christened the “Olphins”, because they had no “D”. For seven years of his nine year tenure, Olivadotti led a defense that was ranked in the bottom half of the NFL. What makes this even more painful is the knowledge that these years coincided with Marino’s prime. The Dolphins consistently put up big numbers. Unfortunately, so did every team they played. It’s nauseating to think of how far the Dolphins might have been able to go with even an average defense. Ironically, Olivadotti’s best season statistically was also his last. Jimmy Johnson fired Olivadotti after a humiliating 37-22 defeat to the Buffalo Bills in the playoffs. More significant than the big points total, was the AFC record 341 yards that Buffalo gained on the ground. What made this a particularly unacceptable beating was the fact that Miami had lost to this same Bills team only two weeks earlier when the Bills totaled over 200 yards rushing. Olivadotti’s game plan was not adjusted in the slightest. An especially fitting tribute to Olivadotti was written by a jubilant Bills fan shortly after the 1995 playoff game:

“We have to thank everyone's favorite defensive coordinator, Tom Olivadotti. Lets give it up for the bonehead that couldn't figure out why the Bills were running all over the Dolphins.”

Tom Olivadotti quite possibly is the number one reason why Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl. For the early part of Marino’s career, the Dolphins defense was one of the worst ever assembled. Because of it, why do you think Marino was told to throw all the time? Most of the time we played behind, or had to get ahead fast because opposing offenses would always put up big numbers against the Fins. Olivadotti’s game plans and defensive schemes were horrendous, predictable, non-aggressive, and non-effective. It’s a wonder he never got fired sooner than he did.

And the #1 WORST Miami Dolphin of All-Time (drum roll please)

1. Sammie Smith 33...Florida State…Running Back (1989-1991)
- 1989 / Round 1 / 9th Overall: FIRST ROUND DRAFT BUST
This should surprise no one. Sammie Smith is by far, the most hated player in the history of this franchise. Guaranteed…mention his name and emotion bordering on hatred will emerge from any Dolfan. With this selection in the 1989 draft, it appeared that Miami would finally be put with a great running game to complement Marino's passing. It was never meant to be. In three undistinguished seasons, Sammie never gained 1,000 yards, never averaged more than 3.7 yards a carry, and never had more TDs than fumbles. Sammie was not considerably worse than most of Miami’s running backs like Lamar Smith, Andra Franklin, and J.J. Johnson. He even did not fumble as much as Ricky Williams. What separates Sammie from the others was his uncanny ability to fumble at the most inopportune times. Smith’s career is defined by one play. Without it, he might just be one more 1st round draft bust, instead of being a pariah to Dolphin fans. In a game against the Houston Oilers in 1991, the Dolphins were trailing late in the 4th quarter. Marino drove the team to the goal line. With time running out, Smith took the hand-off, went over the top and fumbled the ball away. Houston recovered and held on to win 17-13. It was a carbon copy of a play from the previous week, where Smith fumbled into the end zone against the Chiefs. That one was run back for a touchdown. The back to back fumbles were labeled the “Double Whammy on Sammie”. Fans had seen enough of Sammie Smith and what followed was one of the ugliest scenes in professional sports. The entire stadium erupted in chants of “Sammie Sucks”. Smith needed a police escort from the stadium...his own stadium. He said after the game that he doubted he could ever play for this team again. He was right. Smith would be traded to Denver, where he would play a total of three games before being released. Even more painful was the fact that Miami still needed a running game, even though that during these three seasons, Miami did not realize “yet” that Sammie was not the answer. In the first round of the 1990 NFL draft, Miami struck gold but at the same time, they missed gold. Miami selected offensive left tackle and future NFL Hall of Famer Richmond Webb, the man that protected Marino’s blind side for the next 10 years. But since they needed a running game more, they missed gold by passing on future NFL Hall of Famer Emmitt Smith. With no other teams interested, Smith slipped out of football and the public spotlight, at least for a while. He turned into quite a scumbag after he left football. Like so many retired athletes, Sammie wanted to give something back to the community. By “give”, I mean “sell” and by “something”, I mean “drugs”. In 1995, Sammie was convicted of selling 12 ounces of crack, while in possession of 37.4 pounds of cocaine. He was invited to spend the next seven years as a guest of the federal prison system.

Congrats to Sammie Smith on being my #1 WORST Miami Dolphin of All Time!!!

Offline il maria

• Rookie
  • Ricky
« Risposta #402 il: Febbraio 06, 2008, 04:10:34 pm »
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

perchè dobbiamo farci del male...............................

tanto le nostre disgrazie si conoscono, perchè a 2 mesi da un draft per noi cruciale girare il coltello nella piaga ?

:ehm:
non ho mai avuto una prima scelta assoluta, anche perchè non saprei che farmene

Offline Marino

• Moderatore della sezione
  • Hall of Famer
  • Calcio: INTER
  • MLB: CHICAGO CUBS
  • NBA: MIAMI HEAT
  • NCAA F: FLORIDA GATORS
  • NFL: MIAMI DOLPHINS
  • NHL: VANCOUVER CANUCKS
« Risposta #403 il: Febbraio 07, 2008, 01:20:18 am »
Ciao a tutti i Dolfan! Sono nuovo del forum e di questa Sezione, ma che ne dite se prima di tutto il nuovo Capo Allenatore decidesse finalmente di asuemere un quaterback, potrebbe essere questa una chiave per costruire qualcosa. Mi pare che quasi tutte le squadre ne abbiano avuto una parvenza quest'anno!Non ne siete convinti, facciamo un esempio. I derelitti 49 ers hanno iniziato la stagione con il buon Smith, poi si è rotto, avevano in panchina il riciclatissimo Dilfer che pure l'anello con i Ravens se l'è messo. A Phoenix, quando si è rotto Leinart avevano già pronto Warner. La situazione dei QB mi è sembrata così tragica, forse, solo a Carolina dopo l'infortunio però del grande Del Homme non di pincopallo Green, il quaterback che, a 37 anni, dopo una prima commozione cerebrale ci avrebbe dovuto far risorgere!Ridicolo come tutto il resto; Vuoi provare Beck, fallo! Invece pure lì, aspettiamo Londra, poi lo provi,poi lo togli, poi lo metti e poi alla fine lo bruci e per cosa per vincere in overtime con Lemon l'incontro che ci fa dire :"Non abbiamo chiuso con 0 vittorie!". Contenti?! Speriamo che veramente Purcells e Sparano ci facciano dimenticare in fretta l'incubo CAMERON!
Speriamo in un QB all'altezza!
Bye
MAX

Offline urlacher75

• MVP
  • Urlacher Warriors Milano's owner
  • Calcio: Juventus
  • MLB: Cleveland Indians
  • NFL: Chicago Bears
  • NHL: Pittsburgh Pens
« Risposta #404 il: Febbraio 07, 2008, 01:38:53 am »
Ciao a tutti i Dolfan! Sono nuovo del forum e di questa Sezione, ma che ne dite se prima di tutto il nuovo Capo Allenatore decidesse finalmente di asuemere un quaterback, potrebbe essere questa una chiave per costruire qualcosa. Mi pare che quasi tutte le squadre ne abbiano avuto una parvenza quest'anno!Non ne siete convinti, facciamo un esempio. I derelitti 49 ers hanno iniziato la stagione con il buon Smith, poi si è rotto, avevano in panchina il riciclatissimo Dilfer che pure l'anello con i Ravens se l'è messo. A Phoenix, quando si è rotto Leinart avevano già pronto Warner. La situazione dei QB mi è sembrata così tragica, forse, solo a Carolina dopo l'infortunio però del grande Del Homme non di pincopallo Green, il quaterback che, a 37 anni, dopo una prima commozione cerebrale ci avrebbe dovuto far risorgere!Ridicolo come tutto il resto; Vuoi provare Beck, fallo! Invece pure lì, aspettiamo Londra, poi lo provi,poi lo togli, poi lo metti e poi alla fine lo bruci e per cosa per vincere in overtime con Lemon l'incontro che ci fa dire :"Non abbiamo chiuso con 0 vittorie!". Contenti?! Speriamo che veramente Purcells e Sparano ci facciano dimenticare in fretta l'incubo CAMERON!
Speriamo in un QB all'altezza!
Bye
MAX

Guarda ... con la difesa di Baltimora del 2000 anche se giocavo Qb io vincevamo l'anello... . ;D