Autore Topic: The Saints are coming  (Letto 482956 volte)

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
  • Il mio angolo di cielo è un triangolo di pelo
Re: The Saints are coming
« Risposta #1260 il: Ottobre 19, 2009, 12:02:14 pm »
Aggiungo un dato.
Il massimo che può fare un Qb come rating è 158,3.
Ieri Brees è uscito dal campo con un rating di 156,8... :shok:
 :idolo:

Offline joeflacco5

• Pro Bowler
  • purple&black pride..
  • Calcio: Genoa CFC
  • MLB: LA Dodgers
  • NBA: Chicago Bulls
  • NCAA F: Oklahoma Sooners
  • NFL: Baltimore Ravens
  • NHL: Detroit Red Wings
« Risposta #1261 il: Ottobre 19, 2009, 12:03:30 pm »
saints di quest'anno:solita grande offense+nuova ottima defense=.............si può..

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1262 il: Ottobre 19, 2009, 12:08:06 pm »
Articolo di Pete Prisco, uno mai stato tenero con i Saints...

Citazione
NEW ORLEANS -- Can somebody explain something to me? Why does the mention of the word finesse incite so much anger inside an NFL locker room?
Last time I checked, this was the definition of the word: Refinement and delicacy of performance, execution, or artisanship.
Does it say soft there? Or sissy? Or that other word players hate that we can't print here?
I just watched a team finesse the heck out of a supposedly physical team here Sunday. Final score: Finesse 48, New York Giants 27.
That's right, the New Orleans Saints finessed their way to 48 points, which is also the reason they are 5-0 and can stake a real claim as the best team in the NFL.
There is nothing wrong with it, either.
After watching the Saints offense carve up the Giants' top-ranked defense at the Superdome to the tune of 493 yards, and watching Drew Brees and that precision passing game rack up 369 passing yards and four touchdown passes, who cares if they are a finesse team?
"It doesn't matter if we finesse-ively kick their asses," Saints defensive end Bobby McCray said, making up a word in the process.
Yet there is a general perception that it does matter. A story in the New Orleans Times-Picayune on Sunday had this message: "Let's Get Physical," explaining, "The New Orleans Saints would like to dispel notion they are a finesse team. They won't have a better opportunity than today against the rugged New York Giants".
Saints coach Sean Payton took exception to it, and fired off a jab after his team's impressive performance against the Giants.
"I've read some of that stuff," he said. "We play a lot of physical teams here. We try not to pay attention to some of that. I don't know if it's really accurate."
Two weeks ago, the Saints beat up one of those supposed tough-guy teams, the New York Jets.
That was a far different style than what they used against the Giants. This time, it was more of the Payton-led Saints we've come to expect, which is an aggressive passing game triggered by Brees.
From the opening kickoff, Brees sat back and picked on a Giants secondary that has been hit by injuries. If they were hurting going in, they left a bloodied mess.
Brees sat in the pocket and played pitch-and-catch with his receivers, who were seemingly wide open all day. Aside from a pinpoint pass or two, Brees had no difficulty finding open targets. Marques Colston had eight catches for 166 yards and a touchdown. Lance Moore, Jeremy Shockey and Robert Meachem also caught touchdown passes from Brees, who finished with a nearly perfect passer rating of 156.8.
The Saints came into this game with the idea they could attack the Giants safeties. To do so takes time. Against a fierce Giants front, that's risky.
The Saints offensive line was more than up to the task. The Giants didn't get a sack -- and they probably didn't get close enough to know if Brees was even sweating. By the looks of it, he wasn't. There were many times it seemed like Brees could spell the word finesse twice before anybody came close to him.
"We did a great job, a great job, in protection," Payton said.
At one point, Brees hit 15 consecutive passes, with the incomplete pass that snapped the streak actually getting batted back into his face. If not for that, it would have been another touchdown since the receiver was breaking clear.
"If you give [Brees] and that offense enough time, that's not good," Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora said.
The Saints also ran the ball for 133 yards, while limiting the Giants to 84 rushing yards. Those aren't soft numbers.
So why, then, is this considered a finesse team? It's because it is a pass-first team. Hate to tell you, but if that's the case, finesse -- thanks to all the rules changes -- is the way to go.
Just because you throw it doesn't mean you're soft. The Saints showed that with the way they played up front against the two teams from New Jersey the past two games.
Yet when I went around the locker room asking Saints players why hearing the word finesse next to their team name upset them, it only seemed to ignite them.
"What's wrong with being called a finesse team?" Saints offensive tackle Jon Stinchcomb said, repeating my question. "We're men out here. No man wants to be called finesse."
Next to him, offensive lineman Zach Strief could only concur.
"It's not what you want to hear," he said.
There have been a lot of good teams that have been considered finesse teams. The San Francisco 49ers dynasty was considered a finesse team for the most part, even if it did feature Ronnie Lott and some other good players on defense.
The Indianapolis Colts, in the Peyton Manning era, have been considered a finesse team. Didn't the New England Patriots finesse their way to a 16-0 regular season in 2007?
Precision passing teams often translate into being considered finesse teams. So if you pound it into the middle of the line for 100 yards, that's better than throwing it to score? It makes no sense.
Payton once told me he would take the two-play drive to a touchdown rather than a 12-play drive to a field goal any day. Who wouldn't? But we have this perception that tough-guy football is all about 12-play, smash-it-at you drives, even if it doesn't lead to a touchdown.
It's about scoring points and winning.
Being a finesse team does not mean you're a sissy team, or that other word that will challenge anybody's manhood.
I get it. The NFL is about macho. Who wants to be called finesse, especially when it's viewed as being such a negative thing inside NFL locker rooms?
"You can't get me to say that's a good thing being called that," Stinchcomb said.
Trust me, it isn't a bad thing.
What that word means for the Saints is that they are a precision passing team that is led by one of the game's best passers, who has his plays called by the NFL's best play-caller.
If that makes them a finesse team, so be it. Will it matter if they finesse-ively get to their asses to the Super Bowl?

Offline groalbe

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1263 il: Ottobre 19, 2009, 12:08:43 pm »
Articolo di Pete Prisco, uno mai stato tenero con i Saints...

figlio del compianto Peppino?  :idolo:

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1264 il: Ottobre 19, 2009, 12:10:19 pm »
figlio del compianto Peppino?  :idolo:

No.
Figlio di puttana, visto quello che scriveva fino a ieri... ;)

Offline groalbe

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1265 il: Ottobre 19, 2009, 12:16:06 pm »
No.
Figlio di puttana, visto quello che scriveva fino a ieri... ;)

:ahahah:

Offline zukkkk

• Heisman
  • Let's go G-Men!!
« Risposta #1266 il: Ottobre 19, 2009, 12:48:58 pm »
Ho visto Eli molto nervoso prima degli snap e sugli audible, cosa che non era successa per esempio a dallas dove ha mostrato una flemma degna di buddah nell'ultimo drive.
Emblematica é stata la scena subito dopo l'interception, con eli che si scalda con un compagno, forse per caricarlo, forse per dirgli che ha fatto una cagata madornale, (scusate la telecronaca era in danese e vedevo pixel blu contro pixel bianchi) che evidentemente non aveva ben chiaro cosa fare.
I WR erano coperti eccellentemente, pochissimi i passaggi completati da eli e i pochi che arrivavano o erano imprecisi o i nostri WR non ci credevano abbastanza.
Poi vabbé penso che la difesa fosse piú preoccupata di coprire i lanci per i wr di new orleans (che puntualmente arrivavano a destinazione) piuttosto che provare a blitzare su brees.
Mi pare infine che sul TD che ha chiuso la partita (2 uomini sul ricevitore dei saints) ci siano state incomprensioni.
Insomma come se non avessero mai giocato assieme...
Bon speriamo che sia stata solo overconfidence, perché altrimenti non si va da nessuna parte.

Comunque brees gioca col joypad, é l'unica spiegazione  :adler:

"...agh agh..agh..fuori tempo massimo..guarda guarda ..facciamo pi
pirlo.. guarda cosa fa..ahvìa..ha lalucidhia dheh..la lalucidhia dheh
di vedere Rossi in mezzo all'area..poi..poi..pooi ci vuol la qualità
anche (silenzio)..interviene l'altro..tocca di
siniiistro..lui..inconclude di destro..noh eh..dheehh..DE rossi..pperò
...tutti vanno a abbracciare PPirlo..."

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1267 il: Ottobre 19, 2009, 04:30:25 pm »
Da ESPN.COM

Citazione
Why the Saints are best in the NFL
NEW ORLEANS -- Since they won’t say it, I will.

The New Orleans Saints are the best team in the National Football League. The only qualifier I’ll throw in is "right now." That’s a lot stronger than saying they’re the best team in the NFC, the NFC South or that out-of-date line about them being a great offense and a lousy defense.

The Saints are a great team, period.

“I feel like we’re a different team -- in general,’’ quarterback Drew Brees said in reference to two disappointing seasons that, now, are in the distant past and have absolutely no relevance.
The Saints have felt this way dating back to their offseason workouts and minicamps. Now, it’s time for the rest of us to catch on. What happened Sunday is proof to the world that the Saints are for real.

They don’t have to tell us they’re the best team in the league because they went out and showed it. The New York Giants, the team so many people thought was the best in the league, came into New Orleans and the Saints made them look like a lower-tier team. New Orleans won 48-27 and it wasn’t even that close.

The Saints had an extra point blocked. That’s about the only thing that hasn’t been perfect for the 5-0 Saints this season and it’s no fluke. The Saints no longer are one-dimensional. Their best dimension has gotten even better and, whatever you do, don’t call them a finesse team. They don’t like that a bit and you can’t really argue with anything the Saints are doing right now.

For the first time in a long time, they won a big game.

“The more big games you win, the more big games you play in,’’ offensive lineman Jon Stinchcomb said.

Well, get ready for lots more big games for the Saints. They’re the best team in the league and here are the four main reasons why:

1. Brees already was great. Now, he’s just about perfect. Brees was 23-of-30 for 369 yards and four touchdowns against the Giants.

“You are an idiot if he doesn’t amaze you,’’ receiver Lance Moore said.

The list of idiots is dwindling fast. It used to be easy to shoot Brees down and point to the Super Bowl rings Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have won when talking about the league’s best quarterback. A win against the previously unbeaten Giants, a team that’s not all that far removed from a Super Bowl championship, gives the Brees supporters some ammunition.

“What amazes me is how consistently great and special he is,’’ Stinchcomb said. “Every day, he’s at his best. Every day.’’

2. The offense isn’t all Brees anymore. The most amazing thing about Brees throwing for 5,000 yards last year was that he did it largely by himself -- with no true No. 1, or even No. 2, targets and he had almost no running game. That’s all changed. Wide receiver Marques Colston is back to full health after being banged up most of last season. So is tight end Jeremy Shockey. They both caught touchdowns Sunday. So did Moore and Robert Meachem.

The offensive line continued its stellar performance, allowing just one sack. But it’s not just about passing anymore. The Saints can run the ball. Pierre Thomas and Mike Bell shared the load against the Giants and the Saints sprinkled in some Reggie Bush. The Saints out-rushed the Giants 133 to 84 yards.

A finesse team? I don't think so.

3. The finesse label might not be a bad thing for an offense, but that tag used to fall on the defense. The Saints weren’t even a bend-but-don’t break defense the last two seasons. The D just broke down repeatedly, and that’s the main reason the Saints haven’t been to the playoffs since the 2006 season.

But that’s changed completely. The Saints got Eli Manning, who has won a Super Bowl, to throw an interception and lose a fumble. They also sacked him twice and shut down one of the league’s best running games.

Finesse defenses aren’t supposed to do that.

“I can’t tell you how much our offense feeds off our defense and vice versa,’’ Brees said.

New defensive coordinator Gregg Williams and free-agent pickups Darren Sharper and Jabari Greer have brought a whole new attitude to the defense. They go out and make things happen and that’s translating into wins.

4. Sean Payton is a much better coach than he was last year. Perhaps the most impressive thing about Payton and general manager Mickey Loomis is their willingness to adapt and learn from the past. Payton’s always been a great offensive mind, but I didn’t think he was a very good head coach last year. Now, he is.

Payton realized he needed to do something drastic about the defense. He went out and got Williams and that’s worked. Payton realized he needed more balance in the running game. He’s let Thomas and Bell pound away at times this year and that’s worked. Payton also realized that part of the reason for last year’s rash of injuries was that he worked his team too hard. He’s taken his foot off the gas this year, lightening training camp a bit and giving his team some extra time off during the bye week.

“Coach gave us all the tools,’’ Greer said. “He gave us time to rest and recuperate.’’

The Saints are about as healthy as any team. They’re also clicking everywhere on offense and defense. That’s why they’re the best team in the NFL right now.

:stica:

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1268 il: Ottobre 19, 2009, 06:25:27 pm »
Anche Lance Moore è tornato...

:stillers:

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1269 il: Ottobre 19, 2009, 06:35:03 pm »
LA DIFESA!!!!!!

Offline groalbe

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1270 il: Ottobre 19, 2009, 06:37:25 pm »
Anche Lance Moore è tornato...

:stillers:

come se non bastasse il resto..  :plaxico:
pensa un po' te cosa saremmo potuti diventare senza incrociare i Perfect Saints del 2009/10  :gufata:

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1271 il: Ottobre 19, 2009, 06:45:57 pm »
come se non bastasse il resto..  :plaxico:
pensa un po' te cosa saremmo potuti diventare senza incrociare i Perfect Saints del 2009/10  :gufata:

Non ci caschiamo.
Ci aspetta una lunghissima settimana in cui tutti ci faranno i pompini per quanto siamo forti, spettacolari,gli anelli, i cazzi e i mazzi vari...
Coach Payton (che FORSE sta finalmente iniziando a imparare a fare l'head coach) e tutto il coaching staff, stanno iniziando a dipingere i Dolphins come la squadra più forte della storia. Andiamo a giocarcela come fosse una di playoff!
Adesso bisogna davvero volare bassissimi....

Offline groalbe

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1272 il: Ottobre 19, 2009, 06:47:19 pm »
Non ci caschiamo.
Ci aspetta una lunghissima settimana in cui tutti ci faranno i pompini per quanto siamo forti, spettacolari,gli anelli, i cazzi e i mazzi vari...
Coach Payton (che FORSE sta finalmente iniziando a imparare a fare l'head coach) e tutto il coaching staff, stanno iniziando a dipingere i Dolphins come la squadra più forte della storia. Andiamo a giocarcela come fosse una di playoff!
Adesso bisogna davvero volare bassissimi....

e come farete? Si sa che i Santi stanno in Paradiso..!  :adler:

Plaxico

• Visitatore
« Risposta #1273 il: Ottobre 19, 2009, 06:56:46 pm »
Do ai Saints il consiglio che inutilmente indirizzai ai Colts del 2006: perdete, perdete e attiratevi sfortune di ogni genere prima che sia troppo tardi.

:papa:

Ps: I miei poteri di veggente sono ormai provati scientificamente, gli amici Santi e Vichinghi possono avviare, quando lo credono opportuno, un'asta per accaparrarsi le mie simpatie in vista dei playoff  :gufata:

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1274 il: Ottobre 19, 2009, 06:57:35 pm »
e come farete? Si sa che i Santi stanno in Paradiso..!  :adler:

A dire il vero, finora solo 40 anni di inferno....

NEW YORK GIANTS HEAD COACH TOM COUGHLIN:
“The Saints played very well. They deserved to win. They executed extremely well on both sides of the ball.
We could not stop them. We couldn’t get them out. There are no excuses.
I think they are difficult to defend. Look at what they did at Philadelphia and scored 48. They are a good football team. Their quarterback plays extremely well. Your hat has to go off to that player.

Grande sportività... :idolo:

ELI MANNING:
“I think the Saints are real good. They are playing well; their offense has a lot of firepower and they make a lot of plays in the running game and passing game. They make plays defensively and they cause turnovers and they are doing good stuff. You have to give them a lot of credit. They played extremely well both offensively and defensively and we did not answer them.”