Autore Topic: CBS Power Rankings  (Letto 6113 volte)

Offline Ocho Cinco

• MVP
  • Anubi!
    • American Football Forum
CBS Power Rankings
« il: Luglio 29, 2009, 04:21:55 pm »
Normalmente non do peso a ste cose ma visto che c'è qualcuno che da credito ai Bengals lo segnalo volentieri...  :p

A voi i commenti.  :ciaosci:

1 Patriots · Trends 1
All eyes will be on Tom Brady when they open camp. If he's the same pre-injury Brady, they're the best team. Sorry, champs.

2 Steelers · Trends 2
Will the off-the-field trouble with Ben Roethlisberger have an impact? I doubt it, but you never know.

3 Eagles · Trends 5
Talent is plentiful for the Eagles. Donovan McNabb has to be thrilled with what they've done to the offense in the offseason. The loss of defensive coordinator Jim Johnson is a concern.

4 Colts · Trends 3
As long as Peyton Manning is throwing passes, they're a Super Bowl contender. Jim Caldwell will keep this team playing at a high level.

5 Cardinals · Trends 4
Fall off after the Super Bowl? Not a chance. The Cardinals are built to win for a while, or as long as Kurt Warner stays on the field.

6 Giants · Trends 6
They have to get somebody at the receiver spot who can stretch a defense. That was a glaring omission late last season. They should be better on defense than in 2008.

7 Falcons · Trends 9
As Matt Ryan matures as a passer, the offense will be even better. The concern is in the secondary, especially at corner.

8 Saints · Trends 10
Did they do enough to fix the defense, even adding new coordinator Gregg Williams? If they did, they could be a Super team. We know the offense will score.

9 Chargers · Trends 11
They have a talent-rich roster that puts them in the AFC elite and should easily win the West. Now we have to find out if L.T. is the same runner he was two years ago.

10 Ravens · Trends 8
They found their quarterback last season in Joe Flacco. But who does he throw to this season? Will Derrick Mason come back? Their passing game has to be better to take the next step.

11 Titans · Trends 7
Jeff Fisher's team will be tough again, but do we really think they can come close to duplicating last season's success? Kerry Collins is the key.

12 Cowboys · Trends 15
Despite being a non-playoff team last season, this is still a talented squad. Now that T.O. is gone, they have no more excuses. The pressure is on Wade Phillips.

13 Bengals · Trends 16
Is this high? Some will say so. I think this is a playoff team in 2009 that will push the Steelers and the Ravens. Watch out for that defense.

14 Bears · Trends 14
Jay Cutler gives them a real throwing threat. Now they have to fix a defense that slid last season.

15 Texans · Trends 12
They have talent at key spots, but the deciding factor for their playoff chances will be how well they fill in around that talent. The secondary is a big concern.

16 Packers · Trends 18
Aaron Rodgers will be even better, but it's about the defense and better play from offensive line. They have to make a smooth switch to the 3-4 on defense to be a playoff team.

17 Vikings · Trends 17
There is talent, but the passing game is lacking, no matter who throws it. Even with Favre, I just don't think there's enough.

18 Panthers · Trends 13
This is a tough team to gauge. I think they're the third best in the division, but if Jake Delhomme plays better they could easily be the best.

19 Bills · Trends 19
They will be better, but they aren't in the same class with the Patriots. Trent Edwards has to play like he did early in 2008 or T.O. might explode on him.

20 Dolphins · Trends 26
This will be their step-back season. Then look out in 2010. There is talent, a lot of it young, so they are building something special. When they're good enough to dump the Wildcat is when they will be a playoff team again.

21 Seahawks · Trends 20
New coach Jim Mora inherits a team with talent, but he has to hope like crazy that Matt Hasselbeck's back holds up. If not, it will be a long season.

22 Jaguars · Trends 24
This will be their rebuilding season, even if they don't want to admit it. There will be a lot of young players being featured. They will be playoff ready again in 2010.

23 Buccaneers · Trends 22
Who wins the quarterback job and how well that person plays will determine how well they play as a team. The gut here is that Byron Leftwich is that guy.

24 Jets · Trends 21
New coach Rex Ryan brings a fresh approach to the Jets. But that won't matter if they don't get good quarterback play from whoever wins the job -- see Mark Sanchez.

25 Redskins · Trends 23
If they don't play well this season is this the landing spot for Mike Shanahan next season? Jason Campbell has to show the decision-makers on this team that considering replacing him was a mistake. If he does, they'll be higher than this.

26 Broncos · Trends 25
New coach Josh McDaniels is building this team his way -- which means without Jay Cutler. That's not a smart start. But who are we to argue with a Boy Genius.

27 49ers · Trends 27
I'm not as excited about this team as some others are. I hear it's Alex Smith's job to lose at quarterback. He has to play better than he did in the past.

28 Raiders · Trends 28
It's all about JaMarcus Russell. Can he take his game up a notch -- or two? If he does, they could be a .500 team.

29 Rams · Trends 31
They didn't do a lot well last season, so new coach Steve Spagnuolo has a lot of work in front of him. The defense has to be better, but it can't be much worse.

30 Chiefs · Trends 29
There are a lot of holes to fill, so new coach Todd Haley will face a tough first season. Is Matt Cassel really the long-term answer?

31 Browns · Trends 30
Their biggest issue is picking a quarterback. I would pick Brady Quinn, but Eric Mangini said it's an open competition. The Browns will be feisty this season, but they won't win more than four games.

32 Lions · Trends 32
Put Matt Stafford in now. And then let him take his lumps as he builds for the future. Don't delay his growing process. Jim Schwartz is smart enough to realize that.

Offline joker

• Moderatore della sezione
  • Idolo delle folle
  • Calcio: Genoa
  • NCAA F: Notre Dame
  • NFL: San Francisco 49ers
Re: CBS Power Rankings
« Risposta #1 il: Luglio 29, 2009, 04:24:00 pm »
Normalmente non do peso a ste cose ma visto che c'è qualcuno che da credito ai Bengals lo segnalo volentieri...  :p

A voi i commenti.  :ciaosci:

1 Patriots · Trends 1
All eyes will be on Tom Brady when they open camp. If he's the same pre-injury Brady, they're the best team. Sorry, champs.

2 Steelers · Trends 2
Will the off-the-field trouble with Ben Roethlisberger have an impact? I doubt it, but you never know.

3 Eagles · Trends 5
Talent is plentiful for the Eagles. Donovan McNabb has to be thrilled with what they've done to the offense in the offseason. The loss of defensive coordinator Jim Johnson is a concern.

4 Colts · Trends 3
As long as Peyton Manning is throwing passes, they're a Super Bowl contender. Jim Caldwell will keep this team playing at a high level.

5 Cardinals · Trends 4
Fall off after the Super Bowl? Not a chance. The Cardinals are built to win for a while, or as long as Kurt Warner stays on the field.

6 Giants · Trends 6
They have to get somebody at the receiver spot who can stretch a defense. That was a glaring omission late last season. They should be better on defense than in 2008.

7 Falcons · Trends 9
As Matt Ryan matures as a passer, the offense will be even better. The concern is in the secondary, especially at corner.

8 Saints · Trends 10
Did they do enough to fix the defense, even adding new coordinator Gregg Williams? If they did, they could be a Super team. We know the offense will score.

9 Chargers · Trends 11
They have a talent-rich roster that puts them in the AFC elite and should easily win the West. Now we have to find out if L.T. is the same runner he was two years ago.

10 Ravens · Trends 8
They found their quarterback last season in Joe Flacco. But who does he throw to this season? Will Derrick Mason come back? Their passing game has to be better to take the next step.

11 Titans · Trends 7
Jeff Fisher's team will be tough again, but do we really think they can come close to duplicating last season's success? Kerry Collins is the key.

12 Cowboys · Trends 15
Despite being a non-playoff team last season, this is still a talented squad. Now that T.O. is gone, they have no more excuses. The pressure is on Wade Phillips.

13 Bengals · Trends 16
Is this high? Some will say so. I think this is a playoff team in 2009 that will push the Steelers and the Ravens. Watch out for that defense.

14 Bears · Trends 14
Jay Cutler gives them a real throwing threat. Now they have to fix a defense that slid last season.

15 Texans · Trends 12
They have talent at key spots, but the deciding factor for their playoff chances will be how well they fill in around that talent. The secondary is a big concern.

16 Packers · Trends 18
Aaron Rodgers will be even better, but it's about the defense and better play from offensive line. They have to make a smooth switch to the 3-4 on defense to be a playoff team.

17 Vikings · Trends 17
There is talent, but the passing game is lacking, no matter who throws it. Even with Favre, I just don't think there's enough.

18 Panthers · Trends 13
This is a tough team to gauge. I think they're the third best in the division, but if Jake Delhomme plays better they could easily be the best.

19 Bills · Trends 19
They will be better, but they aren't in the same class with the Patriots. Trent Edwards has to play like he did early in 2008 or T.O. might explode on him.

20 Dolphins · Trends 26
This will be their step-back season. Then look out in 2010. There is talent, a lot of it young, so they are building something special. When they're good enough to dump the Wildcat is when they will be a playoff team again.

21 Seahawks · Trends 20
New coach Jim Mora inherits a team with talent, but he has to hope like crazy that Matt Hasselbeck's back holds up. If not, it will be a long season.

22 Jaguars · Trends 24
This will be their rebuilding season, even if they don't want to admit it. There will be a lot of young players being featured. They will be playoff ready again in 2010.

23 Buccaneers · Trends 22
Who wins the quarterback job and how well that person plays will determine how well they play as a team. The gut here is that Byron Leftwich is that guy.

24 Jets · Trends 21
New coach Rex Ryan brings a fresh approach to the Jets. But that won't matter if they don't get good quarterback play from whoever wins the job -- see Mark Sanchez.

25 Redskins · Trends 23
If they don't play well this season is this the landing spot for Mike Shanahan next season? Jason Campbell has to show the decision-makers on this team that considering replacing him was a mistake. If he does, they'll be higher than this.

26 Broncos · Trends 25
New coach Josh McDaniels is building this team his way -- which means without Jay Cutler. That's not a smart start. But who are we to argue with a Boy Genius.

27 49ers · Trends 27
I'm not as excited about this team as some others are. I hear it's Alex Smith's job to lose at quarterback. He has to play better than he did in the past.

28 Raiders · Trends 28
It's all about JaMarcus Russell. Can he take his game up a notch -- or two? If he does, they could be a .500 team.

29 Rams · Trends 31
They didn't do a lot well last season, so new coach Steve Spagnuolo has a lot of work in front of him. The defense has to be better, but it can't be much worse.

30 Chiefs · Trends 29
There are a lot of holes to fill, so new coach Todd Haley will face a tough first season. Is Matt Cassel really the long-term answer?

31 Browns · Trends 30
Their biggest issue is picking a quarterback. I would pick Brady Quinn, but Eric Mangini said it's an open competition. The Browns will be feisty this season, but they won't win more than four games.

32 Lions · Trends 32
Put Matt Stafford in now. And then let him take his lumps as he builds for the future. Don't delay his growing process. Jim Schwartz is smart enough to realize that.

Poi vi svegliate tutti sudati a leggere sta roba :adler:

Offline Ocho Cinco

• MVP
  • Anubi!
    • American Football Forum
« Risposta #2 il: Luglio 29, 2009, 04:25:34 pm »
Poi vi svegliate tutti sudati a leggere sta roba :adler:

Beh, se i Saints sono alla 8...  :fiu:

Offline joker

• Idolo delle folle
  • Calcio: Genoa
  • NCAA F: Notre Dame
  • NFL: San Francisco 49ers
« Risposta #3 il: Luglio 29, 2009, 04:32:45 pm »
Beh, se i Saints sono alla 8...  :fiu:

Ma lì sono le conoscenze dello Zio che ha mandato una cassa di vino al giornalista della CBS

Offline Bears54

• Idolo delle folle
  • NBA: Chicago Bulls
  • NFL: Chicago Bears
  • NHL: Chicago Blackhawks
« Risposta #4 il: Luglio 29, 2009, 05:00:05 pm »
La prime quattro le posso capire ma le altre?  :tuseicioc:

Atlanta 6^ mi sembra una gran boiata visto il calendario e i Browns penultimi  :tuseicioc:
VICENZA CORSAIRS OWNER & GM - MADDEN 12 Season 1 JIM MADDEN LEAGUE SUPERBOWL CHAMPION

“People ask me if I could fly, I said, "yeah.... for a little while."” Michael J. Jordan

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
  • Il mio angolo di cielo è un triangolo di pelo
« Risposta #5 il: Luglio 29, 2009, 06:23:24 pm »
I Saints sono troppo indietro.
Sto power rankings non vale un cazzo...
 :p

Offline carson

• Heisman
« Risposta #6 il: Luglio 29, 2009, 08:07:24 pm »
condivido quasi tutto, tranne i vikings, che secondo dovrebberò salire di qualche posizione, idem i bills.
per quanto riguarda le posizioni dalla 20 alla 32, sicuramente i marrrrrrooooni e i redskins devono stare più in alto.
 :ciaosci:

i dolphins alla 20, sono un incognita, forse meritano di stare più in alto, ma è anche vero che tanti pensano che la scorsa stagione abbiano giocato al di sopra del loro reale valore.
all'ultimo posto avrei messo i raiders. :ahahah:

Offline Danny_Romo

• Heisman
  • Hire Cowher !
« Risposta #7 il: Luglio 29, 2009, 08:27:04 pm »
Se dovessi fare io un power ranking probabilmente lo farei identico a questo.

Unica nota, quest'anno i Giants arrivano ultimi nella division. You heard it here first.
FREE PLAXICO !!!

Offline groalbe

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #8 il: Luglio 29, 2009, 09:13:41 pm »
condivido quasi tutto, tranne i vikings, che secondo dovrebberò salire di qualche posizione, idem i bills.
per quanto riguarda le posizioni dalla 20 alla 32, sicuramente i marrrrrrooooni e i redskins devono stare più in alto.
 :ciaosci:

i dolphins alla 20, sono un incognita, forse meritano di stare più in alto, ma è anche vero che tanti pensano che la scorsa stagione abbiano giocato al di sopra del loro reale valore.
all'ultimo posto avrei messo i raiders. :ahahah:

direi...  :-/

Offline 59er

• Rookie
  • Humanity is overrated
« Risposta #9 il: Luglio 29, 2009, 09:39:55 pm »
Ma lì sono le conoscenze dello Zio che ha mandato una cassa di vino al giornalista della CBS

Ma che ranking è? Vikings e Pathers troppo giù, Eagles e Cardinals troppo in alto e i Niners al 27 posto? Tanto per quello che valgono sti ranking.....ah, per la cronaca, so da fonte certa che al giornalista CBS sono arrivati 10 kg di orecchiette, 20 kg di lampascioni, 4 forme di canestrato ben stagionato, intorchiate a profusione e 24 bottiglie di Primitivo di Maduria d.o.c.

"Long story short, we hear a story too good to be true... it ain't"

Offline Huey

• Pro Bowler
  • huh?
« Risposta #10 il: Luglio 30, 2009, 12:27:12 pm »

dolphins anch'io concordo che l'anno scorso ci sono state alcune congiunzioni astrali favorevoli però nella division jets e bills non è che siano granché.
ventesimo posto un po' bassino.

sui bengals, invece, discorso opposto.
la division non è delle più facili e mi sembrano ancora un passo indietro a ravens e pitts. va beh che c'è carson  :ahahah:

Offline Piergiu74

• MVP
« Risposta #11 il: Luglio 30, 2009, 02:47:02 pm »
Se dovessi fare io un power ranking probabilmente lo farei identico a questo.

Unica nota, quest'anno i Giants arrivano ultimi nella division. You heard it here first.

Houston, abbiamo un obiettivo.... :papa:
Cmq se le cose girano come devono, quest'anno l'aquilotti festeggiano... :teoidolo:

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
  • Il mio angolo di cielo è un triangolo di pelo
« Risposta #12 il: Settembre 23, 2009, 07:03:11 pm »
Questo invece il power ranking di Sport Illustrated dopo week 2.

1) Baltimore Ravens
2) New Orleans Saints
3) New York Giants
4) New York Jets
5) Indianapolis Colts
6) Atlanta Falcons
7) Minnesota Vikings
8 ) Pittsburgh Steelers
9) New England Patriots
10) Philadelphia Eagles
11) San Francisco 49ers
12) san Diego Chargers
13) Dallas Cowboys
14) Denver Broncos
15) Cincinnati Bengals
16) Green Bay Packers
17) Chicago Bears
18) Houston Texans
19) Tenneessee Titans
20) Buffalo Bills
21) Arizona Cardinals
22) Seattle Seahawks
23) Miami Dolphins
24) Oakland Raiders
25) Washington Redskins
26) Carolina Panthers
27) Kansas City Chiefs
28) Jacksonville Jaguars
29) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
30) Detroit Lions
31) Saint Louis Rams
32) Cleveland Browns

2) Saints: The Saints are averaging 46.5 points per game, which is more than a touchdown per game higher than the record-setting 2007 Patriots, who put up 36.8 points per game en route to a 589-point regular season. So, by my math, if the Saints average 35.5 points per game from here on out, they score 590 this season and break New England's two-year-old mark. Not that that's a necessity or anything. The last three teams to hold the one-season scoring mark didn't win the Super Bowl: 2007 Patriots, 1998 Vikings, 1983 Redskins.

:stica:

Plaxico

• Visitatore
« Risposta #13 il: Settembre 23, 2009, 07:27:55 pm »
Questo invece il power ranking di Sport Illustrated dopo week 2.

1) Baltimore Ravens
2) New Orleans Saints
3) New York Giants
4) New York Jets
5) Indianapolis Colts
6) Atlanta Falcons
7) Minnesota Vikings
8 ) Pittsburgh Steelers
9) New England Patriots
10) Philadelphia Eagles
11) San Francisco 49ers
12) san Diego Chargers
13) Dallas Cowboys
14) Denver Broncos
15) Cincinnati Bengals
16) Green Bay Packers
17) Chicago Bears
18) Houston Texans
19) Tenneessee Titans
20) Buffalo Bills
21) Arizona Cardinals
22) Seattle Seahawks
23) Miami Dolphins
24) Oakland Raiders
25) Washington Redskins
26) Carolina Panthers
27) Kansas City Chiefs
28) Jacksonville Jaguars
29) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
30) Detroit Lions
31) Saint Louis Rams
32) Cleveland Browns

2) Saints: The Saints are averaging 46.5 points per game, which is more than a touchdown per game higher than the record-setting 2007 Patriots, who put up 36.8 points per game en route to a 589-point regular season. So, by my math, if the Saints average 35.5 points per game from here on out, they score 590 this season and break New England's two-year-old mark. Not that that's a necessity or anything. The last three teams to hold the one-season scoring mark didn't win the Super Bowl: 2007 Patriots, 1998 Vikings, 1983 Redskins.

:stica:

Concordo con Baltimore #1, squadra solidissima e migliorata molto in attacco. Se tutto gira come deve arrivano in fondo, probabilmente troveranno i Giants. I Saints sono la solita squadra che piace ai media perché ti permette di chiacchierare e mandare ore di highlights, li voglio vedere a Filadelfia o New York con neve/condizioni meteo da playoff.

Offline urlacher75

• MVP
  • Urlacher Warriors Milano's owner
  • Calcio: Juventus
  • MLB: Cleveland Indians
  • NFL: Chicago Bears
  • NHL: Pittsburgh Pens
« Risposta #14 il: Settembre 23, 2009, 07:29:09 pm »
Concordo con Baltimore #1, squadra solidissima e migliorata molto in attacco. Se tutto gira come deve arrivano in fondo, probabilmente troveranno i Giants. I Saints sono la solita squadra che piace ai media perché ti permette di chiacchierare e mandare ore di highlights, li voglio vedere a Filadelfia o New York con neve/condizioni meteo da playoff.
a Philadelphia ci sono già passati... e sono rimaste solo le macerie... :ahahah: :ahahah: :ahahah: