Autore Topic: THE JUNGLE - Bengalszone  (Letto 633535 volte)

Plaxico

• Visitatore
Re: THE JUNGLE - Bengalszone
« Risposta #2610 il: Marzo 05, 2009, 12:12:30 am »
non corri questo pericolo, secondo me

diventare amico di plaxico deve essere un'impresa al di sopra delle forze di un qualsiasi essere umano  :ahahah:

In realtà sono buono :plaxico:

Offline brax62

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #2611 il: Marzo 05, 2009, 12:21:39 am »
da 28mil a 40mil c'è una bella differenza.

comunque, i ravens ci hanno fregato birck :'(

cazzo c'erano 3 ottimi centri, saturday,brown e birck...manco 1 hanno preso. :tuseicioc:

si ma anche fra tj e coles

Offline Marino

• Moderatore della sezione
  • Hall of Famer
  • Calcio: INTER
  • MLB: CHICAGO CUBS
  • NBA: MIAMI HEAT
  • NCAA F: FLORIDA GATORS
  • NFL: MIAMI DOLPHINS
  • NHL: VANCOUVER CANUCKS
« Risposta #2612 il: Marzo 05, 2009, 09:46:30 am »
In arrivo JTO dai 49ers....auguri!!!

Offline 49er

• MVP
  • Calcio: Udinese Calcio
  • MLB: San Francisco Giants
  • NCAA F: Idaho Vandals
  • NFL: San Francisco 49ers
  • NHL: New York Islanders
« Risposta #2613 il: Marzo 05, 2009, 09:51:53 am »
In arrivo JTO dai 49ers....auguri!!!
:ahahah: :stillers:

Offline Ocho Cinco

• MVP
  • Anubi!
    • American Football Forum
« Risposta #2614 il: Marzo 05, 2009, 10:35:05 am »
Coles mi piace e va benone come rimpiazzo per TJ. Detto ciò, figuriamoci se non riuscivamo a creare una barzelletta pure sta volta...

Da bengals.com

"I told him to just give us a chance," Palmer said. "There's so much negativity about (the Bengals) out there. We may not have a private plane or an indoor facility, but there is no other place you'd rather be when you're winning, and when guys do come visit here they're always surprised.

"Our fans are great because they stick by us when we lose, but the feeling here when you're winning is special. He gives us a chance to get there with our young receivers and I'm just glad we've got him."

Alle altre franchige basta tirare fuori i quattrini, noi abbiamo pure bisogno che il nostro QB lecchi il culo a uno come Coles per venire a Cincinnati...

Offline sbiri

• Moderatore della sezione
  • Idolo delle folle
« Risposta #2615 il: Marzo 05, 2009, 10:35:11 am »
In realtà sono buono :plaxico:

il fatto è che un po' ci credo altrimenti non ti vorrei così bene

Offline Ocho Cinco

• MVP
  • Anubi!
« Risposta #2616 il: Marzo 06, 2009, 10:39:47 am »
Presentato Laveranues.

Da Bengals.com

Despite the loss of T.J. Houshmandzadeh, head coach Marvin Lewis made it clear he thinks the club has upgraded in certain areas and sounded as if he was comparing Coles' career yards per catch of 12.8 to Houshmandzadeh's 11.4.

"If you look at his yards per catch, his average is very high and that's where we needed to improve. That's what we were looking to do regardless of some other people that were here in the past," Lewis said. "We needed to get better and we got better with Laveranues in that area. He pulled a quad muscle this year in preseason and didn't miss a practice. Those thing are important to me."

Whether that was in reference to the hamstring problem that sidelined Houshmandzadeh most of the last training camp is anyone's guess. Coles had some people guessing why he chose No. 11 after nine seasons of wearing No. 87.

Second-year wide receiver Andre Caldwell apparently isn't ready to give it up.

But Coles certainly didn't display any diva tendencies associated with a 10-year NFL wide receiver in the digital age during his news conference. He sounded like he was reading a string of Lewis' training camp T-shirts as he talked about being dependable, being there for the young guys, and how "Every job touches the other."

After watching what he built in 2005 crumble and need to be rebuilt, Lewis believes more than ever that intangibles like professionalism, passion for the game, and teamwork matter. It's why he embraces Coles.

Later, when Coles was asked to compare this offense with his others, he gave the leaders their due.

"One of the top and it has nothing to do with me," Coles said. "It has to do with the quarterback position and Chad Johnson. I can't say enough about those two and what they've done in this game. I'm just excited to be a part of it."

Here's how much he wanted to be a part of it. After visiting the club Tuesday, he wanted his fiancee', Kenda Fairchild, to tour the city and offered to charter a plane himself to get back and forth from his home in Jacksonville, Fla. The club didn't take him up on it, but he did fly out Tuesday night and brought her back first thing Wednesday morning.

She liked the number of restaurants and liked downtown well enough that they've decided to find a place near the river and close to Paul Brown Stadium.

Palmer had asked Coles to have an open mind and look beyond the Bengals perception. Coles said he really didn't have a preconceived notion of the club.

"I kind of knew it was a good place," he said. "Any time you're in Ohio, this is a football state. You know they're going to take care of their players, they're going to treat the players first class. It's going to be a great place to play."

Coles said he's going to lay back and see what his role should be in the locker room. How he handled Caldwell not giving up No. 87 is worthy to note.

"I gave him a call and he didn't want to part ways with that," Coles said. "I totally respected that. I'm changing, so I probably need to change numbers anyway."

There is no question that Palmer had been the draw in these negotiations. Stung by last year's trade of his close friend and long-time Jets quarterback Chad Pennington, Coles had an idea during last season that the club's quarterback situation was going to be unsettled in '09 because Brett Favre kept dropping retirement hints.

Then came the calls from Palmer last weekend. Coles had visited Buffalo on the first day of free agency, but he said he knew action would pick up when Houshmandzadeh signed "because he was on top of a lot of boards."

"Any time a quarterback of his caliber takes time out to call you to let you know how important he feels you would be to the team that he represents and plays for, I thought it was great and I needed to take a real good look at it," Coles said. "After speaking with my close friends and family, they felt like a quarterback of this caliber would help benefit me as a player and was one of the many (reasons) in wanting to come here.

"It's very rare a quarterback gives you a call and tells you how confident he is in his abilities and how accurate he is and how he thinks he can make you better. Anytime you have a guy with that type of confidence, you have to really, really be open to being somebody around him."

Coles said other suitors contacted agent Rosie Barnes (Denver, Tennessee), but they didn't have Palmer. The Jets also called, but they couldn't match what the Bengals would pay and their quarterback situation is murky.

Coles recalled how Giants running back Brandon Jacobs called him before the Jets played the Bengals last Oct. 12, less than a month after the Giants beat the Bengals in overtime.

"He said, 'Don't sleep on them,' so that says a lot about how guys around the league respect this ballclub," Coles said. "When he called to say that, I knew this was a very good ballclub."

Lewis used Thursday's platform to take issue with the Bengals critics that they don't spend in free agency or roll out the red carpet on visits. With the Coles signing, the impending signing of backup quarterback J.T. O'Sullivan, and the re-signing of running back Cedric Benson and safety Chris Crocker, and the franchising of kicker Shayne Graham, they've probably put about $15 million on their '09 salary cap

He started out by talking about the tough economy in Cincinnati and the nation and how the Bengals are perceived.

"A lot has been said that they don't do this and they don't do that. Well, that's not really true. We do do, and we do it at a very, very high level," Lewis said. "We need to kind of get rid of that bad perception and (the media) will help that by not giving into the old ways before '03. Whatever they were, which I'm not privy to. It's about winning games and winning games now.

"One of you wrote about limos or something like that. That's not Laveranues and I don't think limos are going to help us win a game. I came up through the NFL at the start of free agency with the Steelers and Baltimore. When you want to get football players, that's what you're lookng for. Football players ... I think that's important to me and to us as an organzation to spend our resources on our players and helping us win."

And, to have a guy like Palmer out there selling the product over the phone. Coles had said hello the last couple of years, but their first conversations were cellular and they were the last couple of days.

It can't be all that surprising this is a quarterback-driven decision. Coles's best friend with the Jets was probably Pennington and they're still tight. Coles plans to visit him at his Fort Lauderdale home soon, and ask him about relationships and it's another reason why Palmer and Lewis wanted him.

"Friends for life. That's what we say," Coles said. "He's a great person as well as a great athlete. That's what this game is about. Relationships. You play the game to win. When you walk away, the most important thing you take away with you is the guys, the relationships, and the friendships you make."

It sounds like he's already got one of those with No. 9. Even if their only conversations have been on the phone.

Offline Ocho Cinco

• MVP
  • Anubi!
« Risposta #2617 il: Marzo 06, 2009, 10:42:32 am »
E poi c'è questo...  :doh:

His signing has stirred the Chad-Is-On-The-Block stuff, but Laveranues Coles is looking forward to hooking up his 631 career catches with Chad Ocho Cinco's 612.

Coles, the erstwhile Jet, spoke to him last night when Ocho Cinco called and told Coles he had heard that he signed with Cleveland. Coles let him know that he was joining him in Carson Palmer's arsenal.

"He was excited for me. He was disappointed we didn't get a chance to reunite (Wednesday), but he was excited with the fact I had a chance to be with a great quarterback like Carson," Coles said Thursday after his introductory news conference at Paul Brown Stadium.

"I'm his sidekick," Coles said of The Ocho. "He's Batman. I'm Robin. Carson is the leader of the bunch. We just need to follow him, grab a hold of Carson's coat tails and let him lead us to the Promised Land."

Ok, è arrivato un altro demente...  :o

Plaxico

• Visitatore
« Risposta #2618 il: Marzo 06, 2009, 11:29:32 am »
Si prospetta un altro anno di fallimento totale   :ahahah:

Offline Ocho Cinco

• MVP
  • Anubi!
« Risposta #2619 il: Marzo 06, 2009, 11:33:43 am »
Si prospetta un altro anno di fallimento totale   :ahahah:

Mi spiace Plaxico... Ma perchè non cominci a pagare per chiavare?  ;D

Offline groalbe

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #2620 il: Marzo 06, 2009, 11:34:49 am »
Mi spiace Plaxico... Ma perchè non cominci a pagare per chiavare?  ;D
:ahahah:

:idolo:

Offline carson

• Heisman
« Risposta #2621 il: Marzo 06, 2009, 11:40:36 am »
ho come l'impressione che chad sarà ceduto a qualche squadra. :mmm2:

Offline Ocho Cinco

• MVP
  • Anubi!
« Risposta #2622 il: Marzo 06, 2009, 11:47:12 am »
ho come l'impressione che chad sarà ceduto a qualche squadra. :mmm2:

Perchè?

Offline carson

• Heisman
« Risposta #2623 il: Marzo 06, 2009, 11:51:26 am »
Perchè?

bah, mi sembra strano tutto questo parlare di crabtree al draft, quando abbiamo 2 giovanissimi nel roster e ora anche coles, senza contare henry.

credo che la dirigenza lo possa sacrificare per arrivare a rinforzare altri reparti.
non mi stupirei se finisse a dallas in qualche strana trade.
ovviamente spero di sbagliarmi.

28 mil per 4 anni a coles sono una bella botta di denaro...ma sembra quasi che abbiano fatto questo colpo per sopperire alla partenza di qualcuno, che non deve essere per forza houshmandzadeh dato che tutti lo davano per perso ancora a dicembre.

tornando ai free agent io sto ancora aspettando almeno un rinforzo alla OL...

Offline Ocho Cinco

• MVP
  • Anubi!
« Risposta #2624 il: Marzo 06, 2009, 12:10:56 pm »
bah, mi sembra strano tutto questo parlare di crabtree al draft, quando abbiamo 2 giovanissimi nel roster e ora anche coles, senza contare henry.

credo che la dirigenza lo possa sacrificare per arrivare a rinforzare altri reparti.
non mi stupirei se finisse a dallas in qualche strana trade.
ovviamente spero di sbagliarmi.

28 mil per 4 anni a coles sono una bella botta di denaro...ma sembra quasi che abbiano fatto questo colpo per sopperire alla partenza di qualcuno, che non deve essere per forza houshmandzadeh dato che tutti lo davano per perso ancora a dicembre.

tornando ai free agent io sto ancora aspettando almeno un rinforzo alla OL...

Sarebbe una mossa da dementi. Se al 1st andiamo su un OT e al 2nd su un C, con questi WRs, Palmer e Benson siamo un maledetto pericolo per chiunque. Tradando Chad rinunci ad uno dei più forti WRs della lega, ottieni sicuramente meno di quello che potevi ottenere lo scorso anno e ci fai l'ennesima figura di merda.
Quello da taggare e tradare era TJ ma per il resto la nostra free agency non è affatto male. Certo c'erano un paio di Cs forti da poter aggredire ma si vede che si pensa di poter colmare il buco al draft. Magari peschiamo pure un pò di pass rush al 3rd round e siamo a posto. Per quanto una franchigia come i Bengals possano esserlo ovviamente...  ;)