Autore Topic: The Saints are coming  (Letto 484246 volte)

Offline groalbe

• Hall of Famer
Re: The Saints are coming
« Risposta #1845 il: Dicembre 03, 2009, 06:54:36 pm »
Un dialogo tra fini letterati....

:morto2:

zio è vietato parlare di politici..  :druso:

:adler:

Offline sbiri

• Moderatore della sezione
  • Idolo delle folle
« Risposta #1846 il: Dicembre 03, 2009, 07:18:42 pm »
nel mio ruolo di moderatore devo intervenire ed eliminare un po' di post???  ;D ;D ;D

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
  • Il mio angolo di cielo è un triangolo di pelo
« Risposta #1847 il: Dicembre 04, 2009, 10:29:45 am »
hai ragione il rischio è alto, soprattutto dopo questa prestazione

però hai visto come erano concentrati, come nessuno ha sbracato nei festaggiamenti durante e dopo la partita

l'atteggiamento mentale mi è piaciuto molto e dovrebbe farti ben sperare

invece quando vedo i cornuti tirarsela sulla sideline perchè stanno molestando i bears mi viene da ridere

Su NFL live Edwards, credo in base al ragionamento che facevo io, da come vincenti i Redskins domenica contro i Saints.
Tralaltro i Redskins sono la bestia nera di Payton e Williams. Contro i pellerossa hanno sempre perso...

Tornando invece al monday night, il Boston Herald ha pubblicato un articolo in cui si evidenzia la prestazione straordinaria della difesa dei Saints:

Citazione
FOXBORO - A little more than 40 regular-season games spread out over three seasons came and went before someone successfully managed to not only take away Randy Moss from the Patriots offense, but to stuff a lid on Wes Welker, too.

No doubt others had tried, but New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams was the first to hatch the scheme and have the players both up front and in the defensive backfield to implement the plan to perfection.

On occasion, teams have been able to eliminate Moss, but haven’t been able to prevent Tom Brady from picking them apart with Welker. The most recent New York Jets game being the prime example.

So Williams decided he had to eliminate both no matter what, even if that meant sacrificing bodies up front. So he put four guys on Brady’s two favorite targets. Two other elements made this scheme work.

The big boys up front for the Saints were still able to generate an effective pass rush on the Pats offensive line, even without reinforcements, as Brady was constantly flushed from the pocket.

As we’ve discovered, Brady isn’t quite as effective throwing on the move.

When Welker did manage to catch a ball during Monday night’s 38-17 loss in New Orleans, he didn’t go very far. The speedy Saints defenders got to him quickly. They did not allow any yards after catch, which is Welker’s forte.

So the combination of pressure, and Brady not having his go-to guys available, left the quarterback indecisive. That led to some poor throws.

Welker indicated the style of coverage applied by the Saints represented a “new twist” that he hadn’t before experienced.

The question is, will the Saints strategy have an impact going forward on other teams starting with the Miami Dolphins this week?

And might it also influence the Patriots?

“I hope so,” Welker said. “That was a great learning experience for us, or at least it better be, or else we’re in for a long season.”

In the first meeting with Miami this season, Welker caught nine balls for 84 yards. The Dolphins had no answer for Moss, either, as he had six catches for 147 yards and a touchdown.

You can believe the Dolphins watched the New Orleans game film very carefully. Jason Taylor sure did, and the defensive end saw how the Saints pass rush really effected Brady. He also saw how the quickness and deft tackling of the secondary also paid dividends.

“I think what the Saints did well, they got some pressure on the quarterback, and they tackled very well,” Taylor said during a conference call yesterday. “A lot of times Wes (will) take a short catch and turn it into a 10-, 12-, 15-yard gain. What I thought the Saints did well was tackle, and they were very physical with the receivers coming off the line.”

Dolphins coach Tony Sparano, meanwhile, said every team has the same goal in mind when it comes to shutting down the Pats offense. Having the ability to accomplish that goal is another matter.

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1848 il: Dicembre 04, 2009, 10:45:49 am »
il miglior rb della lega rischia il posto...?!?!?!?

era solo una battutina per alimentare ancora di più il confronto con AD.....hihih...

Solo un attimo in OT per ricordare che casomai il confronto lo devi fare con CJ non con AD.

Caro Jet, visto che ti piacciono i confronti con AP (non AD che non sappiamo chi cacchio sia...e meno male che è il tuo idolo), ti faccio notare che ha perfettamente ragione Rino.
Il confronto fallo con altri.
Peterson meglio di Bush? Nulla da dire, per carità. Ma nella NFL non esistono solo loro due...
Se prendi la media per portata (calcolando solo chi ha almeno 100 portate) che forse è la cosa più importante, il primo è CJ con 6,4 (media pazzesca!), il secondo è il nostro Pierre Thomas con 5,6...e il tuo AP non solo è dietro questi due, ma anche a Deangelo Williams, Ricky Williams, Frank Gore, Rashard Mendenhall, Ray Rice, Michael Turner, Amhad Bradshaw, Maurice Jones-Drew e Steven Jackson...
Il che poi conferma la mia vecchia teoria (che a Moss non va giù) su chi sia il giocatore davvero determinante quest'anno a Minnesota.
 :stillers:

Offline groalbe

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1849 il: Dicembre 04, 2009, 10:49:53 am »
Caro Jet, visto che ti piacciono i confronti con AP (non AD che non sappiamo chi cacchio sia...e meno male che è il tuo idolo), ti faccio notare che ha perfettamente ragione Rino.
Il confronto fallo con altri.
Peterson meglio di Bush? Nulla da dire, per carità. Ma nella NFL non esistono solo loro due...
Se prendi la media per portata (calcolando solo chi ha almeno 100 portate) che forse è la cosa più importante, il primo è CJ con 6,4 (media pazzesca!), il secondo è il nostro Pierre Thomas con 5,6...e il tuo AP non solo è dietro questi due, ma anche a Deangelo Williams, Ricky Williams, Frank Gore, Rashard Mendenhall, Ray Rice, Michael Turner, Amhad Bradshaw, Maurice Jones-Drew e Steven Jackson...
Il che poi conferma la mia vecchia teoria (che a Moss non va giù) su chi sia il giocatore davvero determinante quest'anno a Minnesota.

si vede che non sei un vichingo..  :druso:
AD sta per All Day, è il nickname di AP  :secchio:

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1850 il: Dicembre 04, 2009, 10:50:23 am »
Da Foxsports.com

Citazione
Mickey Loomis is the executive of the year.

The Saints general manager revamped the entire defensive backfield in the offseason. Safety Darren Sharper is a candidate for Defensive Player of the Year. Cornerback Jabari Greer was a bargain. And with Greer and others injured, he plucked CB Mike McKenzie off the street.

Look at all of the late picks making an impact, from Jahri Evans out of Bloomsburg College (whatever that is) and Hofstra product Marques Colston. Evans will get one of my votes for first-team All-Pro at guard. And how about the genius to hold onto Roman Harper, who was coveted in trades?

Oh by the way, remember when nobody wanted to sign Drew Brees?

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1851 il: Dicembre 04, 2009, 10:51:07 am »
si vede che non sei un vichingo..  :druso:
AD sta per All Day, è il nickname di AP  :secchio:

A me sembra che All Day è uno col numero 4 sulla maglia, ma tant'è... :mahchedevofà:

Offline groalbe

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1852 il: Dicembre 04, 2009, 10:52:05 am »
A me sembra che All Day è uno col numero 4 sulla maglia, ma tant'è... :mahchedevofà:

no, quello è All Life..  :idolo:

Offline il maria

• Rookie
  • Ricky
« Risposta #1853 il: Dicembre 04, 2009, 10:53:54 am »
Su NFL live Edwards, credo in base al ragionamento che facevo io, da come vincenti i Redskins domenica contro i Saints.
Tralaltro i Redskins sono la bestia nera di Payton e Williams. Contro i pellerossa hanno sempre perso...

Tornando invece al monday night, il Boston Herald ha pubblicato un articolo in cui si evidenzia la prestazione straordinaria della difesa dei Saints:

anch'io all'inizio ero perplesso perchè vedevo che ruscavano (da to rush) solo in quattro

poi in realtà ha funzionato perchè l'obbiettivo primario era togliere la palla dai due amigos e darla agli altri

che come principio è ampiamente condivisibile

quello che non mi aspettavo era un brady così indeciso, direi spaesato
non ho mai avuto una prima scelta assoluta, anche perchè non saprei che farmene

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1854 il: Dicembre 04, 2009, 11:01:19 am »
anch'io all'inizio ero perplesso perchè vedevo che ruscavano (da to rush) solo in quattro

poi in realtà ha funzionato perchè l'obbiettivo primario era togliere la palla dai due amigos e darla agli altri

che come principio è ampiamente condivisibile

quello che non mi aspettavo era un brady così indeciso, direi spaesato

Su quello si potrebbe parlare per anni...
Io sostengo da tempo (il superbowl 2007 ne è una prima conferma) che Brady ha goduto per anni di una linea mostruosa che lo ha fatto giocare in scioltezza. L'anno della quasi perfect season (2007) ve lo ricordate come lanciava? Snap, controllava tutto, si accendeva una sigaretta, poi si levava il casco, sorrideva ai fotografi e poi decideva a chi far fare touchdown...
Non vorrei essere frainteso ancora, stiamo parlando di un grandissimo QB. Ma se gli metti pressione diventa un gran QB "normale" e tende ad andare in confusione... ;)

Offline groalbe

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1855 il: Dicembre 04, 2009, 11:37:19 am »
E' davvero singolare tutta l'atmosfera che viene costruita attorno a questi undefeated Saints..  :)
E' stato svelato il segreto del loro (attuale  :gufata: ) successo: il dr Michael Bixby ed il suo PPM Mouth guard
 :santo:

ecco l'articolo

Monday Night Football’s and former Head Coach John Gruden talked about the secret weapon that may just be responsible for the undefeated New Orleans Saints season.  It’s their new PPM Mouth guards, customized in their team black and gold colors.
      Dr. Michael Bixby of the Little Silver, NJ based Atlantic Center for Advanced Dentistry was one of only 5 dentists in the nation, selected to go to the New Orleans Saints Training facility in Louisiana this September to fit the team with this revolutionary mouth guard.  It is a comfortable custom-fitted oral appliance, that uses computer technology to pinpoint and capture your ideal bite position.   Studies have shown that when the mouth, bite and jaw are in perfect alignment, athletic performance improves dramatically, what ever the sport.   Balance, flexibility and efficiency of movement are all improved.  The PPM Mouth Guard is already being used by members of the NY Giants, and many professional athletes from the worlds of baseball, golf, boxing, even drivers.
     Dr. Bixby said, being with the team for two days was a surreal experience.  “We fitted some of the finest athletes, one right after the other, so much talent in one room.  These are true professionals who take their performance seriously.  They were all so easy to work with.”   Bixby himself fitted Guard Tim Duckworth, Safety Chip Vaughn, D.E. Will Smith, Connecticut’s star T.E. Tyler Lorenzen and W.R. Tim Meachem, to name a few.   
    This PPM technology is not reserved for professionals.   “We fit all kinds of regular people to with the VERY SAME technology and guards the pros use.  Some just want increase performance on the golf course or tennis courts, others are college athletes looking for every chance to improve, we’ve even found that singers and speakers benefit from wearing a PPM.”
     Getting your own PPM mouth guard is a simple two visit procedure.  The first is highly specialized but pain free fitting appointment that lasts about two hours, the second is when you pick it up.  If you have no changes in your dental profile, it should last without adjustment.
    For more information on the PPM mouth guard, The New Orleans Saints or to interview Dr. Bixby e-mail [email protected], [email protected] or call 732-735-5441 for an interview about the, visit www.cosemetic dentists-nj.com and click on PPM Mouth guard.

:lollol: (faccina appropriata direi..)  :adler:

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #1856 il: Dicembre 04, 2009, 01:38:06 pm »
Se è vero siamo troppo geniali... :lollol:

Offline joeflacco5

• Pro Bowler
  • purple&black pride..
  • Calcio: Genoa CFC
  • MLB: LA Dodgers
  • NBA: Chicago Bulls
  • NCAA F: Oklahoma Sooners
  • NFL: Baltimore Ravens
  • NHL: Detroit Red Wings
« Risposta #1857 il: Dicembre 04, 2009, 08:52:52 pm »
Do you have anything that you use to keep guys focused?

“We use a lot of different things. We don’t put axes in anyone’s lockers, but we’ll do different things each week to make sure that mentally and physically they’re ready. Each week is a different challenge; it’s a different team. This is a short week and we’re going to Washington – a place that has been a tough place for us, and this is a team we haven’t beaten, really. We played them in ’06 and lost and we played them last season and lost. I think with the team where we’re at after 11 games, they understand the process. Tomorrow we have to have a good practice. They understand the importance of putting in the proper work during the week and how that can pay off on the weekends. They’ve seen that. I thought we had good practices last week and starting tomorrow we’ll get after it again and get going.”

Offline Giangio

• Junior
  • Calcio: S.S. Lazio
  • MLB: Twins
  • NBA: Trail Blazers
  • NFL: Minnesota Vikings
« Risposta #1858 il: Dicembre 06, 2009, 10:23:35 pm »
Sto seguendo un po' la partita dei Saints: sono veramente incredibili!!!!
Anche se i Redskins c'hanno messo del loro...

Offline deltha

• Veteran
« Risposta #1859 il: Dicembre 06, 2009, 10:46:35 pm »

che ladrata quella chiamata in OT  ^-^