Autore Topic: The Saints are coming  (Letto 475081 volte)

Offline il maria

• Rookie
  • Ricky
Re: The Saints are coming
« Risposta #3075 il: Settembre 16, 2010, 11:16:54 am »

Reggie Bush ha il supporto dei colleghi e credo non potrebbe essere altrimenti. Ma per me rimane un paraculo di dimensioni intergalattiche. Ha negato l'evidenza e/o nicchiato fino all'ultimo e poi all'ultimo intermedio possibile se n'è uscito con "scusate, effettivamente..." Come se in Italia per un processo penale (su consiglio del proprio avvocato) si dichiarasse innocente in tutti gradi di giudizio... poi, prima dell'ultimo (quando l'avvocato gli dice "guarda che qui butta male") chiedesse le attenuanti generiche. E' un esempio forzatamente del cazzo (e magari giuridicamente impossibile) ma il senso è che per me nella restituzione dell'HT non c'è assolutamente nulla di spontaneo. E' un gesto calcolato come tutti i precedenti.

ti sei perso qualche puntata di beautiful italia

un solo nome che adesso è tornato in auge: IVAN BASSO

comuque in questi casi io stò sempre dalla parte degli atleti:

bush con il suo talento l'heisman lo avrebbe vinto comunque

non era compito suo vigilare sulla legalità di USC, lui ne ha beneficiato sicuramente consapevolmente, ma non penso che sia andato lui a 18 anni a chiedere i soldi.
Certo la sua parte di colpa c'è l'ha, quando ha fatto il  recruiting michigan gli ha offerto 10.000 dollari USC 200.000 lui cosa avrà scelto.....

non ho mai avuto una prima scelta assoluta, anche perchè non saprei che farmene

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
  • Il mio angolo di cielo è un triangolo di pelo
« Risposta #3076 il: Settembre 17, 2010, 08:02:28 am »
Reggie Bush:

"I'm not happy this happened," Bush said. "This is just a part of life. This is a part of growing pains and becoming more mature. You learn. You grow. You get better. You get stronger and hopefully you never make those same mistakes again.
All I can do is focus on the future and move ahead and move on with my life and try to continue to help the New Orleans Saints win games, every year, year in and year out and be a constant contender in this league
"You're still a kid, but you're still asked to make adult decisions," Bush said, alluding to a handful of college teams -- including North Carolina, Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina -- dealing with probes into whether their players had improper contact with agents.

"Whatever the NCAA has, whatever programs they have, aren't working and it needs to be changed. If it's not changed, it's going to continue and it hasn't stopped yet," Bush said. "It's going to continue year after year after year and you're going to see kids be ineligible. You're going to see great athletes missing their junior and senior year and seasons because the system doesn't work.

"Obviously something has to be changed. You've got universities making millions of dollars off these kids and they don't get paid. The majority of college athletes who come in on scholarship come in [with] nothing. That's where you have a problem. You're making all this money off these kids and you're giving them crumbs and then you're surrounding these kids with money and telling them not to touch it"

"It's me showing respect to the Heisman Trophy itself and to the people who came before me and the people coming after," Bush said after New Orleans Saints  practice. "I just felt like it was the best thing to do, the most respectful thing to do because obviously I do respect the Heisman. I do respect all the things it stands for."

Bush said he also wants to start a program to help high school and college athletes deal with the pressures and temptations that come when their ability provides them celebrity and fame before they've turned pro.

Discorso che, per me, non fa una grinza... :nonnino:

Offline il maria

• Rookie
  • Ricky
« Risposta #3077 il: Settembre 17, 2010, 10:29:16 am »
Reggie Bush:

"I'm not happy this happened," Bush said. "This is just a part of life. This is a part of growing pains and becoming more mature. You learn. You grow. You get better. You get stronger and hopefully you never make those same mistakes again.
All I can do is focus on the future and move ahead and move on with my life and try to continue to help the New Orleans Saints win games, every year, year in and year out and be a constant contender in this league
"You're still a kid, but you're still asked to make adult decisions," Bush said, alluding to a handful of college teams -- including North Carolina, Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina -- dealing with probes into whether their players had improper contact with agents.

"Whatever the NCAA has, whatever programs they have, aren't working and it needs to be changed. If it's not changed, it's going to continue and it hasn't stopped yet," Bush said. "It's going to continue year after year after year and you're going to see kids be ineligible. You're going to see great athletes missing their junior and senior year and seasons because the system doesn't work.

"Obviously something has to be changed. You've got universities making millions of dollars off these kids and they don't get paid. The majority of college athletes who come in on scholarship come in [with] nothing. That's where you have a problem. You're making all this money off these kids and you're giving them crumbs and then you're surrounding these kids with money and telling them not to touch it"

"It's me showing respect to the Heisman Trophy itself and to the people who came before me and the people coming after," Bush said after New Orleans Saints  practice. "I just felt like it was the best thing to do, the most respectful thing to do because obviously I do respect the Heisman. I do respect all the things it stands for."

Bush said he also wants to start a program to help high school and college athletes deal with the pressures and temptations that come when their ability provides them celebrity and fame before they've turned pro.

Discorso che, per me, non fa una grinza... :nonnino:

secondo te deion neon lo avrà letto ?

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #3078 il: Settembre 17, 2010, 02:46:26 pm »
secondo te deion neon lo avrà letto ?

Non la ho capita... ??)

Intanto segnalo questa:
"Singletary: I want to talk about New Orleans if you want to talk about that.

O’Donnell: OK. Let’s talk about trying to stop Drew Brees.

Singletary: We will not try to stop Drew Brees. We will stop Drew Brees. Next question.

O’Donnell: Let’s talk about trying to move the ball against the New Orleans defense …

Singletary: We will not try to move the ball against the New Orleans defense. We will move the ball and we will score.

O’Donnell: Obviously there’s a sense of frustration that’s built …

Singletary: No, there’s not a sense of frustration. I’m just being honest. I had a conversation about this early today and I came in here ready to talk about New Orleans and we get all this other. I’m just tired of talking about that. I’m ready to go. I am excited, I’m ready to go, I just finished talking to my team, I’m ready to go. We can talk about New Orleans, let’s go, but I don’t want to talk about all this other stuff.

:plaxico:

Offline Bears54

• Moderatore della sezione
  • Idolo delle folle
  • NBA: Chicago Bulls
  • NFL: Chicago Bears
  • NHL: Chicago Blackhawks
« Risposta #3079 il: Settembre 17, 2010, 05:15:21 pm »
Dai il piangina pure contro Alex "mani piccole" Smith?   :mapor:
VICENZA CORSAIRS OWNER & GM - MADDEN 12 Season 1 JIM MADDEN LEAGUE SUPERBOWL CHAMPION

“People ask me if I could fly, I said, "yeah.... for a little while."” Michael J. Jordan

Offline Jack The Sack

• MVP
  • LA pearà
« Risposta #3080 il: Settembre 17, 2010, 07:17:28 pm »
Citazione
It has been a chaotic five-day stretch for the 49ers, who experienced their worst season-opening defeat since the 4-12 season of 1999.

But we're not going to look at what's already happened. Instead, we're going to focus on the daunting task that faces the 49ers in their next game.

After getting handled 31-6 against the decidedly mediocre Seattle Seahawks, the 49ers now face their worst-case scenario against the New Orleans Saints on Monday night at Candlestick Park. The Saints are the best team in the NFL.

The 49ers face a dynamic offense that often puts four quality wide receivers, and speedy running back Reggie Bush, on the field at the same time. The 49ers' weakness on defense is a thin secondary.

Moreover, the Saints feature one of the most intelligent quarterback/head coach combinations in the league. And, to make matters worse for the 49ers, quarterback Drew Brees and coach Sean Payton have been afforded four extra days to prepare for the 49ers. The Saints opened the season with a Thursday night victory over the Minnesota Vikings.

Payton said he had difficulty putting together the Saints' preparation schedule leading up to this game. After all, it's rare for a team to play a Thursday game and not play again for 11 days. Payton ultimately decided to schedule just one bonus practice. But the team spent a lot more time than usual examining the 49ers.

The Saints' offensive staff invested a lot of hours studying the 49ers' two victories last season against the Arizona Cardinals. They also examined how the 49ers approached the game last year against Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts. That game was the 49ers' most impressive defensive performance of the season, considering they allowed just 18 points in a narrow loss.

Said Brees, "I watch a lot of games. I watch a lot of (film) cutups and see everything this defense has in their bag of tricks and try to anticipate how they're going to play us."

The biggest challenge the 49ers face Monday is their ability to simply match up against the Saints.

Starting cornerbacks Nate Clements and Shawntae Spencer had their hands full against Seahawks receivers Mike Williams and Deion Branch. Tarell Brown, who surrendered a touchdown reception to Seattle's No. 3 receiver Deon Butler, is the 49ers' third cornerback.

The 49ers' depth in the secondary is a question. Veteran Will James has not played since Aug. 15 because of an ankle injury, and his status is questionable. Rookie Phillip Adams might be the 49ers' fourth cornerback.

The Saints will try to attack the 49ers' safeties, too. Dashon Goldson and Michael Lewis played every snap against the Seahawks, while Regge Smith entered in the 49ers' sub packages.

The 49ers' secondary plays a high-risk, high-reward brand of football. Last season, the 49ers recovered 15 opponent fumbles and intercepted 18 passes. Clements anticipated correctly to intercept Seattle's Matt Hasselbeck on the first play of the season. But the 49ers' secondary was exploited when several players guessed incorrectly and attempted to jump routes later in the game.

That tendency caught Brees' attention.

"You always want to play with an aggressive mentality, but you have to recognize their ability to take the football away," Brees said.

The Saints are blessed with a lot of reliable targets for Brees in the passing game: wideouts Marques Colston, Devery Henderson, Robert Meachem and Lance Moore. They also feature Bush and tight end Jeremy Shockey.

"That's basically how we stretch the defense," said Brees, who threw for 4,388 yards, 34 touchdowns at a league-leading 109.6 passer rating.

"Our multiple personnel groups and our ability to split out a lot of these guys and create matchups, and the tempo at which we play. It's part of our game."

The Saints won the Super Bowl last season, and they are the marquee team in the league. But Brees said the mindset has not changed. After all, the Saints did not sneak up on anyone last season, as they opened the season with 13 consecutive victories.

"We're not the hunted, we're the hunter," Brees said. "We have to remain the aggressor. We're going to play like we've always played: fast and aggressive."

It's the worst matchup for the 49ers, but it is also the best. This is a GPS game. It's a rare instance during the course of the season in which a team can pinpoint its exact location among the best teams in the league -- think of it as an NFL global positioning system.

solo su una cosa non sono d'accordo
i Saints non hanno avuto 11 giorni per preparare la seconda partita
ne hanno 17 per preparare la terza
... poi subentrerà Kaepernick e metteranno allo stadio la musichetta di Bennie Hill ... :colz:
Citazione
"For some, being a real fan is about loyalty. It's about suffering. It's the legacy of a Cubs fan who's gone 102 years without a championship."
Citazione
“Well the thing I’ve learned this week, and as we’ve all known for a very long time, if it’s on the internet, it’s true" (Jim Harbaugh)

Offline AnyGivenSunday

• Rookie
« Risposta #3081 il: Settembre 17, 2010, 07:18:25 pm »

tutto fa brodo!

Offline torrisone

• Hall of Famer
    • Effetto Terra
« Risposta #3082 il: Settembre 17, 2010, 07:59:33 pm »
Citazione
This is a GPS game. It's a rare instance during the course of the season in which a team can pinpoint its exact location among the best teams in the league -- think of it as an NFL global positioning system.

Argh... chi è?
Maiocco?

Geeesù, buon reporter, bravissima persona (  :like: su Facebook e tutto il resto) ma 'sta cosa del GPS game è 'na roba che porta avanti da 3 anni minimo... ed ogni santissima volta che i 49ers han giocato un "GPS game" (aka han giocato contro una squadra di valore) siam sempre tornati nello spogliatoio con le orecchie basse.

No "GPS, pivotal, turning point ecc. game", please. :mapor:

Just play football.
I once told a player we would sign him for a $500 bonus. His answer was, and I quote: “Well, I only have about $100 now, but I can get you the rest in about a week.” “No,” I answered, “We pay you.”

Offline il maria

• Rookie
  • Ricky
« Risposta #3083 il: Settembre 17, 2010, 08:02:14 pm »
Non la ho capita... ??)

mi riferivo a deion neon sanders, una di quelle brave persone che consigliano sempre il meglio ai ragazzi del college

:suicide2:

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #3084 il: Settembre 17, 2010, 08:08:35 pm »
mi riferivo a deion neon sanders, una di quelle brave persone che consigliano sempre il meglio ai ragazzi del college

:suicide2:

Avevo capito a chi ti riferivi.
Adesso in effetti mi ricordo dei trascorsi del demente...non a caso giocava ad Atlanta.  :adler:

Offline il maria

• Rookie
  • Ricky
« Risposta #3085 il: Settembre 17, 2010, 08:12:09 pm »
Avevo capito a chi ti riferivi.
Adesso in effetti mi ricordo dei trascorsi del demente...non a caso giocava ad Atlanta.  :adler:

poi frustoboys ma soprattutto frustoniners nei loro anni peggiori, quando l'arroganza regnava sovrana

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #3086 il: Settembre 17, 2010, 08:17:56 pm »

Non contro Smith, contro San Francisco.
Non voglio essere frainteso, è ovvio che siamo strafavoriti, ma paradossalmente è proprio lì il problema.
Andiamo a giocare lì, Monday Night, tutta l'America che vede, sono incazzati come bisce con tutti i tifosi allupati e pronti a mangiarseli, vengono da una sconfitta dolorosissima, ci sarà la cerimonia per jerry Rice ( :idolo:) ecc ecc...
Come ho già detto, preferivo trovarli molto più rilassati, non ci accoglieranno bene.
E rimango convinto che parliamo di una squadra strapiena di talento (Gore, Davis, Crabtree ecc...anche Smith) che se azzecca la giornata se la gioca alla pari.
Poi è ovvio che se vogliamo seppellire per sempre i vecchi Saints dobbiamo andare ad imporci noi, ma non credere che sia una cosa facilissima in quelle condizioni.
E' una partita che dobbiamo vincere perchè siamo più forti, ma mi fa paura sono sincero...e dobbiamo vincerla perchè poi abbiamo Atlanta e Carolina di fila e con loro non è mai facile.
Singletary con le sue dichiarazioni per me non è affatto scemo. Sa che l'unico modo per batterci è metterla sull'agonismo puro, fare incazzare i suoi, caricarli come molle.
Diversamente, se la mette sul gioco e sulla tattica forse ci fa un grosso favore. E lui lo sa benissimo.

Offline il maria

• Rookie
  • Ricky
« Risposta #3087 il: Settembre 17, 2010, 08:25:58 pm »
Non contro Smith, contro San Francisco.
Non voglio essere frainteso, è ovvio che siamo strafavoriti, ma paradossalmente è proprio lì il problema.
Andiamo a giocare lì, Monday Night, tutta l'America che vede, sono incazzati come bisce con tutti i tifosi allupati e pronti a mangiarseli, vengono da una sconfitta dolorosissima, ci sarà la cerimonia per jerry Rice ( :idolo:) ecc ecc...
Come ho già detto, preferivo trovarli molto più rilassati, non ci accoglieranno bene.
E rimango convinto che parliamo di una squadra strapiena di talento (Gore, Davis, Crabtree ecc...anche Smith) che se azzecca la giornata se la gioca alla pari.
Poi è ovvio che se vogliamo seppellire per sempre i vecchi Saints dobbiamo andare ad imporci noi, ma non credere che sia una cosa facilissima in quelle condizioni.
E' una partita che dobbiamo vincere perchè siamo più forti, ma mi fa paura sono sincero...e dobbiamo vincerla perchè poi abbiamo Atlanta e Carolina di fila e con loro non è mai facile.
Singletary con le sue dichiarazioni per me non è affatto scemo. Sa che l'unico modo per batterci è metterla sull'agonismo puro, fare incazzare i suoi, caricarli come molle.
Diversamente, se la mette sul gioco e sulla tattica forse ci fa un grosso favore. E lui lo sa benissimo.

cristo siamo al 17 settembre

qualcuno lo fermi  :marendo:

Offline ponchia

• Hall of Famer
« Risposta #3088 il: Settembre 17, 2010, 08:34:14 pm »
cristo siamo al 17 settembre

qualcuno lo fermi  :marendo:

Cazzo hai ragione, mi sto facendo schifo da solo.
Però nel topic dei 49ers scrivono post chilometrici, Singletary ci minaccia ecc....mi hanno messo l'ansia.
 :ahahah:

p.s.  :plaxico:

Offline torrisone

• Hall of Famer
    • Effetto Terra
« Risposta #3089 il: Settembre 17, 2010, 10:14:56 pm »
poi frustoboys ma soprattutto frustoniners

...il contrario.

I once told a player we would sign him for a $500 bonus. His answer was, and I quote: “Well, I only have about $100 now, but I can get you the rest in about a week.” “No,” I answered, “We pay you.”